Pat Reusse: Gophers coach P.J. Fleck is a master at lowering expectations

I have said this in another thread, but a former high school classmate of mine who played in the NFL has a son who played for PJ at Western Michigan. I asked him right after the hire if he was the real deal or a snake oil salesman and he told me he’s the real deal. Good enough for me, let’s see how things are in year 3 or 4 before we make our judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may win, doesn’t mean he’s not full of BS. He sure is slinging it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. I haven't heard any rumors of disgruntled upperclassmen, even though there's bound to be a few with a coaching change. People act like Fleck using the term zero year is unraveling the team.

What actual effect it has on the team is anyone's guess, but in general i'd say it's poor leadership to more or less categorize the season as a throwaway, which is exactly what that term implies.

What actual effect it has on the team is anyone's guess, but in general i'd say it's poor leadership to more or less categorize the season as a throwaway, which is exactly what that term implies.

The term implies establishing a base. That's not the same thing as a throwaway.

Agree. As a player coming off a 9-4 year with a solid returning group, I'd be offended by a coach from the little old MAC waltizing in and declaring that the program is a "fire he is running into" and saying that it's year zero of a rebuild (as if this program goes 0-9 in the B1G every year). This isn't the Rutgers program.

Top Bottom