Inside the Hall’s BT picks: Player of the year, freshman of the year, order of finish

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Inside The Hall:

All-Big Ten team: Bridges, Happ, Moritz Wagner, Vincent Edwards, Nate Mason

This group of five mirrors the top five players from our top 25 list released over the summer. Bridges and Happ are no-brainers. Wagner is in line for a bigger role as a junior after the Wolverines graduated Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin and lost D.J. Wilson to the NBA. Edwards is the top returnee on the league’s defending champ. And Mason is the point guard for a Minnesota team that won 24 games last season and is a strong bet to finish in the top four this season.

Projected order of finish:

3. Minnesota

Richard Pitino saved himself in Minneapolis by winning 24 games last season and reaching the NCAA tournament, but the bar should be higher for the Gophers this season. This roster is talented as Mason, Jordan Murphy, Reggie Lynch and Amir Coffey are all back. Freshman Isaiah Washington will give Mason a chance to play off the ball more often.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/10/11/66398/

Go Gophers!!

This is a pretty intelligent write-up. I agree with almost everything here. I would've had Minnesota 2nd before Curry got injured, but fair to predict them behind Purdue now. I think I'd have Maryland a little bit lower, and somehow Wisconsin will find a way to finish above 7th.

Top Bottom