Warnemuende: Dantonio expects beat up Minnesota team to 'do what they do'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Warnemuende:

Even with all the injuries, Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio doesn't see much changing for the Gophers this weekend as far as their identity.

"They have a belief system in place," Dantonio said Tuesday. "They're going to do what they do. So I think they're playing some young players. They want to run the football. They obviously have big, explosive plays, as well."

Dantonio is no stranger to dealing with youth at this point, of course. His Spartans are now starting three seniors, with freshmen and sophomores at the top of the depth chart at various positions. But that was the expectation months ago for Michigan State, and Minnesota was a young team that became younger. So while the Spartans were able to make adjustments to suit their roster during the offseason and camp, it will be harder for the Gophers to make too many changes on the fly.

"I just see them as, 'This is what we do. We need to get better what we do at times; we're doing things very well with what we do at times,'" Dantonio said. "I think they'll plug people in. They've had some injuries,; I understand that, but when you do have injuries and you're playing younger players, you have to do what they already have a foundation with."

https://michiganstate.247sports.com...onio-Minnesota-injuries-players-out-108725031

Go Gophers!!

So he expects them to RUTM out of the stupid shotgun?
Great, there goes the element of surprise.

Top Bottom