Fleck presser MSU week

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/KEc8nsuoT7M

Row the Boat, Ski U Mah, Go Gophers! Fleck doesn't want to win though, he doesn't care, can't you tell by this press conference? (Heavy sarcasm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/KEc8nsuoT7M

Row the Boat, Ski U Mah, Go Gophers! Fleck doesn't want to win though, he doesn't care, can't you tell by this press conference? (Heavy sarcasm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it mostly the heavy Flecksters who are embracing the "Year Zero" concept...that it's not about wins and losses? Think Fleck has even uses that very phrase.

I've no issues with this press conference... addressed all issues posed very matter of factly.

I have no issues with this press conference. He was clear spoken and addressed questions head on without throwing players under the bus or saying Row the Boat too much.

I found it pleasing.
He did side-step the duck-duck-goose question by saying he's a Vikings Fan, but we'll need to narrow in more on this duck-duck-"goose" thing in the weeks ahead.
I'm not really fond of a duck-duck-gooser leading our team.
I bet ol' Jer was a grey duck guy.

failing is growth

I could go for a bit less growth that costs us games and a bit more of just being awesome.

Isn't it mostly the heavy Flecksters who are embracing the "Year Zero" concept...that it's not about wins and losses? Think Fleck has even uses that very phrase.

Saying it's not about wins and losses doesn't mean he doesn't want to win or that wins don't matter. It's just not the end all, be all. He doesn't define the team's performance during the week by if they win or lose on Saturday.

If we throw 5 INTs and rush for 20 yards as a team and the starting quarterback skips half of the team meetings but the Gophers still win, should the coaches be thrilled with the offensive performance and the quarterback because they got the win?

Saying it's not about wins and losses doesn't mean he doesn't want to win or that wins don't matter. It's just not the end all, be all. He doesn't define the team's performance during the week by if they win or lose on Saturday.

If we throw 5 INTs and rush for 20 yards as a team and the starting quarterback skips half of the team meetings but the Gophers still win, should the coaches be thrilled with the offensive performance and the quarterback because they got the win?

Hmmm, I am going to say yes. Because the week before the same QB threw 6 interceptions, missed 2/3's of the meetings and the team only rushed for 15 yards and lost in the last few minutes. The coaches see the improvement and are ecstatic. Plus they realize that they are 3 minutes away from winning both games. Glass is half full. A definite "yes".

So you're implying that if we rush for 400 yards, pass for 300 yards, with no turnovers, and the defense doesn't give up a score, yet we lose the game 21 18. The coaches are going to be ecstatic with the offense and defense and will be ho hum over the loss?

Top Bottom