PJ quote "3 minutes away from being undefeated"

I have asked the question many times? How did he do it? This seemingly couldn't possibly have been the way. One difference is that he took over a 9 and 4 team. I do believe that has him confused. It's like PJ talks and then his mentor says PJ you can't keep talking about year zero. So PJ says okay I'll tell em all how important the seniors are to me. Which is it PJ? etc etc Like many of his focuses....you can't do both.
If any of the QB's on the roster play next year he should hear criticism. I like Rhoda. I think he's the best QB on this date. Why is he playing if we are building for the future? Why are we only recruiting one quarterback if we have nobody to beat out Rhoda? (and that one QB recruit had discipline issues) The red shirt excuse is bogus imo (he's short, he's not a top two passer within the group that can't surpass Rhoda) Results don't matter. We are going to get younger before we get older. The other team has better athletes. We are inexperienced. Etc etc all these things and many more and we aren't rowing in circles to you? He tells me we are on a different course each time I listen.

No I don't think the program is rowing in circles. Fleck has been pretty consistent with "younger before better" which sounds like a rebuild. I understand this job was not a total rebuild but that is the approach Fleck seems to be taking regardless based on his previous experience.

Why is Rhoda playing? Assume gives the team the best chance to do what Fleck wants this year. The head coach has said multiple times not going to sacrifice this year for the long term. Sounds like he has a plan to me. Might not be the approach many on this board like but I would believe he is sure about the course. Whether that course will work here or not won't be decided this year.

No I don't think the program is rowing in circles. He knows his way which as you said previously did not include taking over a 9 win team. Fleck has been pretty consistent with "younger before better" which sounds like a rebuild. I understand this job was not a total rebuild but that is the approach Fleck seems to be taking regardless based on his previous experience.

Why is Rhoda playing? Assume gives the team the best chance to do what Fleck wants this year. The head coach has said multiple times not going to sacrifice this year for the long term. Sounds like he has a plan to me. Might not be the approach many on this board like but I would believe he is sure about the course. Whether that course will work here or not won't be decided this year.

I see you didn't include the word "win" here. As for the second bold sentence...I think what Fleck said is the opposite.

I have asked the question many times? How did he do it? This seemingly couldn't possibly have been the way. One difference is that he took over a 9 and 4 team. I do believe that has him confused. It's like PJ talks and then his mentor says PJ you can't keep talking about year zero. So PJ says okay I'll tell em all how important the seniors are to me. Which is it PJ? etc etc Like many of his focuses....you can't do both.
If any of the QB's on the roster play next year he should hear criticism. I like Rhoda. I think he's the best QB on this date. Why is he playing if we are building for the future? Why are we only recruiting one quarterback if we have nobody to beat out Rhoda? (and that one QB recruit had discipline issues) The red shirt excuse is bogus imo (he's short, he's not a top two passer within the group that can't surpass Rhoda) Results don't matter. We are going to get younger before we get older. The other team has better athletes. We are inexperienced. Etc etc all these things and many more and we aren't rowing in circles to you? He tells me we are on a different course each time I listen.

Explain to me why he can’t take this as year zero and also value seniors. Also explain why not playing a freshman QB who doesn’t know the system must mean that freshman QB is no better than Rhoda. Ever entertain the possibility that what’s best for the future is our freshman QB to take a year to hit the weights and learn the system before being thrown to the wolves? It seems like you are making a lot of assumptions and talking in circles every bit as much as you claim PJ is doing.

The biggest difference this year is we went from having an elite secondary to one that is paper thin and we’re missing our top playmakers from the secondary. It’s going to be a rough year. Our hope for success this year was reliant on being blessed with good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck inherited a team that won 9 games including an upset win in a bowl game. If he turns around and says "this is a rebuilding project, " it doesn't look good. Remember when Mason used the "r" word after 10 years on the job. That didn 't go well with the fans, either.

So, instead of saying "rebuilding," we get the "culture change" routine, with heavy emphasis on the youth of the team. Would say more, but have to go to a staff meeting at work. (Oh, joy).

There's a reason very few true freshman QBS start. The jump from High School to college is probably toughest for a QB than any other position. Everything happens so much faster. The playbook is so much more complex. There's a lot more progression to go through. He probably isn't playing because he just isn't ready.

He can't keep it all straight in his busy, frenetic mind. I agree with 60' guy, his message is a little mixed up.

Just think how refreshing it would be if a coach came in, worked his tail off, kept his mouth shut other than to say he loves his players/team and we are working hard to win.

Address questions about injuries honestly, but dont add the "next man up" cliche or we're running out of bodies or we're young and inexperienced. Even if it's true, just keep your f**** mouth shut, answer questions with one sentence and move to the next question. If you lose a game, just say we got outplayed and we're working like crazy to not get outplayed. Then keep quiet.

He can't even keep all his pyscobabble straight. He's all over the place. Just Keep it real simple, focus on getting better and stop giving ammunition to your haters. It's not hard, unless you're like PJ, a man who feels a strong need to show the World how clever, creative, thoughtful, "deep", intelligent and "different" he is. He's created his own P.R. debacle. He's got ego issues to sort out.

He can't keep it all straight in his busy, frenetic mind. I agree with 60' guy, his message is a little mixed up.

Just think how refreshing it would be if a coach came in, worked his tail off, kept his mouth shut other than to say he loves his players/team and we are working hard to win.

Address questions about injuries honestly, but dont add the "next man up" cliche or we're running out of bodies or we're young and inexperienced. Even if it's true, just keep your f**** mouth shut, answer questions with one sentence and move to the next question. If you lose a game, just say we got outplayed and we're working like crazy to not get outplayed. Then keep quiet.

He can't even keep all his pyscobabble straight. He's all over the place. Just Keep it real simple, focus on getting better and stop giving ammunition to your haters. It's not hard, unless you're like PJ, a man who feels a strong need to show the World how clever, creative, thoughtful, "deep", intelligent and "different" he is. He's created his own P.R. debacle. He's got ego issues to sort out.

But how do you really feel about Fleck?

It doesn't matter how I feel about PJ. He seems like a decent human being. I want him to win like crazy and stop feeding his haters and talking nonsense phrases. Keep the psycho analysis inside the meeting rooms, not out in the open.

I disagree completely. But hey, maybe its an age thing, I just graduated and love Fleck's personality.

I disagree completely. But hey, maybe its an age thing, I just graduated and love Fleck's personality.

It's not an age thing. It's a troll or perpetually negative thing. At least for a mentally stable person, wisdom comes with age. With wisdom, a person understands that there are many different ways to achieve success honorably. PJ represents one way, Mike Zimmer represents another.

Fleck inherited a team that won 9 games including an upset win in a bowl game. If he turns around and says "this is a rebuilding project, " it doesn't look good. Remember when Mason used the "r" word after 10 years on the job. That didn 't go well with the fans, either.

So, instead of saying "rebuilding," we get the "culture change" routine, with heavy emphasis on the youth of the team. Would say more, but have to go to a staff meeting at work. (Oh, joy).

"We're not even talking about winning games right now. It's winning a workout, having the right attitude. For whatever reason, that wasn't there last year." Mark Dantonio, July 24, 2017. People act like Fleck is the only coach to use similar phrases.

I agree with your explanation on fan reaction to "rebuilding" (even though I don't think Fleck has used those words) and like the discussion. But this whole 9-win season reference from many here is getting tiring. Teams change from year-to-year. That our Gophies won 9 games last year just indicates the program isn't a dumpster fire any more but that's not a minimum win benchmark to anybody who knows anything about football. Heck, Michigan State went from the Final Four two years ago to 3 wins last year. What were the reasons Coach Dantonio gave for the decline? The exact same things mentioned by Fleck now that are obvious to most people who aren't trolls. 1) injuries/attrition 2) youth 3) inconsistent lineups 4) turnovers, etc. The article link follows. Let the season play out and enjoy. It's much better than the NFL after all.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...e-football-mark-dantonio-15-reasons/95565198/

I don’t know if it’s our Scandinavian culture or what, but we seem to be extra drawn to curmudgeonly personalities here. We like the strong silent type.

"We're not even talking about winning games right now. It's winning a workout, having the right attitude. For whatever reason, that wasn't there last year." Mark Dantonio, July 24, 2017. People act like Fleck is the only coach to use similar phrases.

You beat me to the Dantonio reference. At least I'm on a similar page with someone on this board!

It's not an age thing. It's a troll or perpetually negative thing. At least for a mentally stable person, wisdom comes with age. With wisdom, a person understands that there are many different ways to achieve success honorably. PJ represents one way, Mike Zimmer represents another.

If you're going to play the age card (which is BS, btw), that means that P.J. isn't very wise, correct?

If you're going to play the age card (which is BS, btw), that means that P.J. isn't very wise, correct?

I would hope PJ, and anybody else, would gain wisdom with age. So yes, a 66 year-old PJ will probably be wiser than a 36 year-old PJ. If you think it's BS that wisdom is gained with experience....well, I can't help you.

I would hope PJ, and anybody else, would gain wisdom with age. So yes, a 66 year-old PJ will probably be wiser than a 36 year-old PJ. If you think it's BS that wisdom is gained with experience....well, I can't help you.

P.J. has many times referenced how he has lived multiple lives and is wise beyond his years. According to you, he's only 36 and therefore can't be very wise. So, again, I ask you - your assertion is that he's not very wise, correct? And what does that say of the people who pay $3.5M annually to a young and unwise coach? What about the Sooners and the L.A. Rams - their coaches are young and therefore unwise. What are they thinking?

P.J. has many times referenced how he has lived multiple lives and is wise beyond his years. According to you, he's only 36 and therefore can't be very wise. So, again, I ask you - your assertion is that he's not very wise, correct? And what does that say of the people who pay $3.5M annually to a young and unwise coach? What about the Sooners and the L.A. Rams - their coaches are young and therefore unwise. What are they thinking?

Your response above to my original post regarding the wisdom of the idiot troll posters that litter this board is a total non sequitur. My best response is "huh"? You must want to change the subject and argue about something unrelated? OK. Regarding your post above, wisdom doesn't necessarily equal job performance. E.g. I would rather the city hire a 22-year old "wet behind the ears" cop to serve and protect my family than a 70 year-old "wise" cop because of the demands of the job. Yes, a young coach can be VERY successful especially if he/she studies the methods of other more experienced successful coaches (which PJ has definitely done).....I feel like I'm speaking a different language than you though.

This forum gets more riled up about what Fleck says than what he actually does.

I agree with your explanation on fan reaction to "rebuilding" (even though I don't think Fleck has used those words) and like the discussion. But this whole 9-win season reference from many here is getting tiring. Teams change from year-to-year. That our Gophies won 9 games last year just indicates the program isn't a dumpster fire any more but that's not a minimum win benchmark to anybody who knows anything about football. Heck, Michigan State went from the Final Four two years ago to 3 wins last year. What were the reasons Coach Dantonio gave for the decline? The exact same things mentioned by Fleck now that are obvious to most people who aren't trolls. 1) injuries/attrition 2) youth 3) inconsistent lineups 4) turnovers, etc. The article link follows. Let the season play out and enjoy. It's much better than the NFL after all.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...e-football-mark-dantonio-15-reasons/95565198/

This is just absolutely spot-on. Thank you for linking it. Man, it's hard to believe that after their first two games last year, MSU was 40-5 in their previous 45. Then they proceeded to go 1-9 the rest of the way. Can you imagine how nuclear their fan message board must've been?!

Top Bottom