PJ quote "3 minutes away from being undefeated"

gophers141

Reaction score
PJ stated today that the Gophers are 3 minutes away from being undefeated. I'm assuming he is inferring to the fact that they were tied late with Maryland and leading late vs Purdue.

I'm still behind PJ, he gets a few years here before I jump ship and toss the oars but that is a ridiculous statement....

He can't keep saying year zero and acting this is a total rebuild and then say we are oh so close to being 5-0...can't have it both ways.

Statement is fine.

Wins and losses come down to a few plays or minutes. In this case it is accurate.

I'd still be worried based on the other things, but statement is fine.

I simply read it as we are not finishing games. Evidently, I was wrong and it was a "ridiculous statement".

He stole that one from Tim Beckman. "We were three plays away from winning the game..."

PJ stated today that the Gophers are 3 minutes away from being undefeated. I'm assuming he is inferring to the fact that they were tied late with Maryland and leading late vs Purdue.

I'm still behind PJ, he gets a few years here before I jump ship and toss the oars but that is a ridiculous statement....

He can't keep saying year zero and acting this is a total rebuild and then say we are oh so close to being 5-0...can't have it both ways.

He might want to say "we are 3 and *2"

I simply read it as we are not finishing games. Evidently, I was wrong and it was a "ridiculous statement".

I also heard it as more of a "were not finishing games" remark. Apparently I need to commence hyperventilating.

Alone it is taken out of context. He also said that Purdue goes away from the game saying that if they don't turn the ball over 4 times, they blow us out. He was pointing out that games can be spun.

Doesn't help being down 4 starters at some point in the Purdue game. With some breaks we could be 5 and 0. Kind of wonder what would have happened if our kicker hadn't slip on the kick off late in the game. Many if's here and there and as a result it is what it is.

Good thing he didn't tweet it. All h*** would break loose!

It's a factual statement. I don't know how it's controversial. It might be meaningless, but it isn't wrong in any way.

Reserving this space for comment until I hear from Dan Barreiro on how outraged I should be.

If we weren't getting out coached we would be 5-0.

Nothing wrong with looking for positives.... Glass half full mentality.

That's why I've been so frustrated, Fleck is not wrong. Better coached games and we would be undefeated.

He can't keep saying year zero and acting this is a total rebuild and then say we are oh so close to being 5-0...can't have it both ways.[/QUOTE]

Statement is true, but PJ isn't sure of his course. Land is far off. He's got us going in circles.

I watched the beginning of Dantonio's presser this week. If I remember correctly, He said a similar sentiment, that while Minnesota is 3-2, they were a few plays from being 5-0.

It's a factual statement. I don't know how it's controversial. It might be meaningless, but it isn't wrong in any way.

It's also true for just about every team in football. So it means absolutely nothing.

If the Queen had testicles she'd be the King.

Statement is true, but PJ isn't sure of his course. Land is far off. He's got us going in circles.

So the theory here is a coach who went from 1-11 to 13-1 at his previous stop no longer isn't sure of his course at the new job? Makes sense.

So the theory here is a coach who went from 1-11 to 13-1 at his previous stop no longer isn't sure of his course at the new job? Makes sense.

So...you're saying he wasn't before and is now?

Better to be 3 minutes away from 5-0 or 300 minutes away from 5-0?

So guess you could say Gophs were closer to 10 regular season wins last year than they are to being 5-0 this year?

Despite that statement, that might have been PJ's best press conference. He actually had to explain and talk football decisions made in the Purdue game. There was very little hype. It's easy to talk before the season and/or when you're winning. Losing reveals all, and I thought he's handled the last two weeks pretty well. My oars never left the water but I'm rowing stronger than ever now.

Reminds me of when Greg Coleman has previously stated the Vikings were 6 plays away from being undefeated when the Vikes had something like a 2-5 record.

I smell a 1-8 or 2-7 B10 record

I have asked the question many times? How did he do it? This seemingly couldn't possibly have been the way. One difference is that he took over a 9 and 4 team. I do believe that has him confused. It's like PJ talks and then his mentor says PJ you can't keep talking about year zero. So PJ says okay I'll tell em all how important the seniors are to me. Which is it PJ? etc etc Like many of his focuses....you can't do both.
If any of the QB's on the roster play next year he should hear criticism. I like Rhoda. I think he's the best QB on this date. Why is he playing if we are building for the future? Why are we only recruiting one quarterback if we have nobody to beat out Rhoda? (and that one QB recruit had discipline issues) The red shirt excuse is bogus imo (he's short, he's not a top two passer within the group that can't surpass Rhoda) Results don't matter. We are going to get younger before we get older. The other team has better athletes. We are inexperienced. Etc etc all these things and many more and we aren't rowing in circles to you? He tells me we are on a different course each time I listen.

Top Bottom