Florida Reveals New Alternate Uniform - Let's hope we can do better....

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/9/football-gators-reveal-new-alternate-uniform.aspx

image_handler.aspx

Looks like a new species of insect. All this messing around with uniforms worked for Oregon, but Michigan, USC, Ohio State didn't pay that much attention. I'd love to see the Gophers in their traditional maroon/gold home uniforms - maybe adopting something more exotic no more than once a year. Gold and white on the road.

All of the above teams you listed are traditional powerhouse programs with brand recognition that don't need flashy uniforms to sell the program because they can win and recruit without it. Minnesota will most likely be jumping on the uniform bandwagon next year to try and use flash to catch attention like Oregon. Recruits tend to like the change and the flashiness. Side note, which shade of maroon and which shade of gold qualifies as traditional? We've had many of each dating back a few decades.

I love the FL uniforms. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as they have nice uniforms the wins and losses don't matter that much.

You don't build up a brand by changing stuff up every week. You do it with consistency. Frankly, the AD should look at throwback options. Make the conversation about Minnesota's championship legacy, not 50 shades of Goldy.

Is it against the rules to add LED flashing lights to helmets? Or at least can we get cleats like those tennis shoes where a red light flashes each time you take a step.

Whoever though Blue, Orange, and Swamp Green go together should be fired and have their eyes checked.

Side note, which shade of maroon and which shade of gold qualifies as traditional? We've had many of each dating back a few decades.
Irrelevant, the shades of the colors are solidified as part of the University's branding strategy.

Dang that's an ugly uniform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one here that likes this uniform? I think so...

I wouldn't like it if it was a Minnesota Gophers uniform though as I am a traditionalist.

I like the uniform. But who cares what the uniforms look like....just win baby!

That looks like an old jumpsuit that you would see someone wear on a shuffleboard court in Boca Raton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom