How many wins would Claeys have had this year?

How many wins would Claeys have had this year?

• 12 (12-0 and a 4 year extension)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • 11 (11-1 and a 4 year extension)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 10 (10-2 and a 2 year extension)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 9 (9-3 and who knows)

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 8 (8-4 and probably replaced by Coyle)

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • 7 (7-5 and Coyle fires him)

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • 6 (6-6 and Coyle fires him)

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • 5 (5-7 and Coyle fired him after loss 6)

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • 4 (4-8 - Fired)

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • 3 wins or less (fired tarred and feathered by Coyle

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
What would our record have been with Tracy Claeys if he was extended for one more year before he eventually got fired.

It would have been worse because he sucked at recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now updated with poll.

I'm genuinely curious because it seems like a fair number really expected a lot. I'm curious if it's a few posters who preach a lot, or if it's a lot of people.

Always thought we would be a 7 win team this year. Still kinda do.

I doubt we hit 7. 4 or 5 realistically.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I believe we would be 5-0 right now under Claeys based on how MD and Purdue went. There is no question our defense would be stronger and Rhoda would not be at the helm on offense, which I think would be an improvement.

I believe we would be 5-0 right now under Claeys based on how MD and Purdue went. There is no question our defense would be stronger and Rhoda would not be at the helm on offense, which I think would be an improvement.

Plus, they'd be helping the running game with multiple TEs and/or a fullback, not this running out of the shotgun 99% of the time baloney.

This question is pointless now. It simply doesn't matter.

With these injuries, 1. MTSU. Maybe 2 (Buffalo).

This question is pointless now. It simply doesn't matter.

Thank you. Trash this ridiculous thread. Why not poll how we would be doing right now with Jimmy Johnson.

Thank you. Trash this ridiculous thread. Why not poll how we would be doing right now with Jimmy Johnson.

Nobody asked you to click on this thread. Leave if you don't like the topic. I swear, people gotta bitch about everything.

Reading threads like this makes me happy professional sports in Minnesota are as awful as they are. You just like to complain

He'd be 5-0 right now. Schedule much tougher starting this week, but 8 for the season not improbable.

I voted 6 based on the injuries and the talent I've now seen at OL, WR, DB. Agree we'd probably be 5-0 right now just based on scheme and personnel familiarity. Probably 2 or 3 would've been uncomfortably close games, but fans would be dancing in the streets despite obvious warning signs things were about to head the other direction. Rest of the season would probably go similarly to how the rest of this season will go, IMO.

I can say with confidence the answer is more wins than he would have had in 2018, 2019, or 2020 because by then he would forced to roll with his own recruits

The only thing we can be sure of, is that Tracy Claeys is currently laughing his ass off at the outcome of our start to the BIG season. Of course he feels terrible for the kids, but he is so happy the Mark Coyle is suffering through this disaster of a start to the BIG season.

The only thing we can be sure of, is that Tracy Claeys is currently laughing his ass off at the outcome of our start to the BIG season. Of course he feels terrible for the kids, but he is so happy the Mark Coyle is suffering through this disaster of a start to the BIG season.

Coyle is rolling in money he wouldn't have otherwise, he doesn't care about this year.

Coyle is rolling in money he wouldn't have otherwise, he doesn't care about this year.

How do you figure that, he's paid 3 times more for the coaches this year compared to last. Has revenue increased by the same amount?

I highly doubt this is the case. Unlike most people Coyle can see the where the program was at heading into this season

What would our record have been with Tracy Claeys if he was extended for one more year before he eventually got fired.

Hey, wondering whether you'd start another poll for me......What would our record be right now if Jerry Kill were still our coach, Streveler was our starting QB, Isaiah Gentry healed up 100% and Frank Ragnow transferred to UofM his senior year to be closer to family?

Hey, wondering whether you'd start another poll for me......What would our record be right now if Jerry Kill were still our coach, Streveler was our starting QB, Isaiah Gentry healed up 100% and Frank Ragnow transferred to UofM his senior year to be closer to family?
In every scenario you mention the record would be better than 3-2. We also don't know what players Claeys would have landed from January onward. Claeys was hamstrung by a snake in the grass named Coyle.
We'll see what the team looks like in these next couple years. Hopefully Fleck will stop with the excuses of playing too many young kids. If I heard right, Dantonio's Spartans are younger than we are and the just beat #10 in the nation.

In every scenario you mention the record would be better than 3-2. We also don't know what players Claeys would have landed from January onward. Claeys was hamstrung by a snake in the grass named Coyle.
We'll see what the team looks like in these next couple years. Hopefully Fleck will stop with the excuses of playing too many young kids. If I heard right, Dantonio's Spartans are younger than we are and the just beat #10 in the nation.

They're not in year zero though :p

They're not in year zero though :p

True dat.

And remember it's all 'bout the HOW brother GFB. Like HOW they hangin? HOWdy Doody. HOW Kemosabi. Gordie HOWe. You see MSU's got the HOW down. We're still on the Who, What, Where, When and Why.

Are you tracking with this?

Top Bottom