Brian Bennett

goldy93

Reaction score
Remember when people were bashing this guy several months ago? Looks like a fortune teller now (or a realist).

"As for digressing (good word choice by you), I'll go with Minnesota. The schedule is still manageable early on for new head coach P.J. Fleck. But given the personnel losses, the uncertainty at quarterback, the turmoil around the program and the transition to a new staff, I find it unreasonable to expect another nine-win campaign out of the Golden Gophers. This is more likely a team that will have to scrap for a bowl bid."

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/141588/b1g-mailbag-teams-that-will-improvedigress-alex-hornibrooks-future

Saying we're not going to win 9 games isn't much of a bold prediction.

Plus, he's a dink.

What! USA Today I believe had us finishing dead last in the West. Other sources either had us in a minor bowl game, or no bowl game. Phil Steele must be scratching his head , he predicted we would be in the hunt for the West. Bottom line, pre season predictions were all over the place.

Not according to some of the posters here.

Now that is a zinger. I thought we would win 9, and now I'm just hoping I can live down the embarrassment of making an incorrect sports prediction. At this point the family hasn't kicked me out, so I guess that is good. Congrats for knowing PJ was going to field a train wreck this year - I on the other hand gave him way too much credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the revisionist history begins. Everyone knew we'd be hurting if we suffered multiple injuries at certain positions and that has unfortunately come to pass thus many of us have lowered our expectations. However, what we've seen has gone far beyond that leading to legitimate questions of winning any Big Ten games at this point.

And the revisionist history begins. Everyone knew we'd be hurting if we suffered multiple injuries at certain positions and that has unfortunately come to pass thus many of us have lowered our expectations. However, what we've seen has gone far beyond that leading to legitimate questions of winning any Big Ten games at this point.

Matt Campbell just beat the number 3 team in the country on the road with his 3rd string WALK ON QB who didn't even start at this JUCO he went to, his former QB playing linebacker, and historically poor recruiting. I get we have issues, but they don't stop at the players and/or the high number of injuries sustained in the Gopher backfield. I too thought we'd be able to win more than we lost and was hoping for 9 wins. Given what's transpired, I'm not dissapointed we lost, but the "HOW" we lost bugs me.

Matt Campbell just beat the number 3 team in the country on the road with his 3rd string WALK ON QB who didn't even start at this JUCO he went to, his former QB playing linebacker, and historically poor recruiting. I get we have issues, but they don't stop at the players and/or the high number of injuries sustained in the Gopher backfield. I too thought we'd be able to win more than we lost and was hoping for 9 wins. Given what's transpired, I'm not dissapointed we lost, but the "HOW" we lost bugs me.

Sounds like his culture took a little quicker.

It's a turd of a situation. We took a lot of injuries on a relatively thin DB corps. We have a coach unwilling to play freshmen on a team that is absolufreakinglutely screaming for reinforcements, or guys that don't meet his standards of conduct for some unknown period of time -if it's marijuana well technically NCAA says 6 weeks but the schools have discretion on that so if PJ says 2-3 weeks then I guess he's lenient...but what if it was being late for a team meeting? Does that merit 2-3 games? I suppose it does to some people and I understand that. It depends. Different judges will give different sentences depending on circumstances of the crime and repeat offenses I suppose.

Sounds like his culture took a little quicker.

It's a turd of a situation. We took a lot of injuries on a relatively thin DB corps. We have a coach unwilling to play freshmen on a team that is absolufreakinglutely screaming for reinforcements, or guys that don't meet his standards of conduct for some unknown period of time -if it's marijuana well technically NCAA says 6 weeks but the schools have discretion on that so if PJ says 2-3 weeks then I guess he's lenient...but what if it was being late for a team meeting? Does that merit 2-3 games? I suppose it does to some people and I understand that. It depends. Different judges will give different sentences depending on circumstances of the crime and repeat offenses I suppose.

Everyone is different. For me, sacrificing the now for the later is fine, but only if it works :clap:. It is not like PJ has not shown that it can work. I know, WMU is a MAC school, but what he did there is impressive. When was the last time we had the no. 5 overall pick in the draft, or even a 1st rounder? Some people expected him to come in and take the players recruited by the previous staff and continue to win 6 or 8 games. He still may do that this year, who knows. However, the hand-wringing on here and posts by some make it sound like we have not been competitive in our losses, which is not the case. Both games were lost in the last 2 minutes.

Top Bottom