2017 College Football Head Coach Fire and Hire Thread

I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have run the triple option at Arizona.

If he is hired as a HC, there is 100% chance Niumatalolo is bringing that attack with him. He played in that system, coached as a GA in that system, learned from the best (Johnson) in that system. He is very happy at Navy and, if he didn't take the BYU position, I think he's pretty much staying put IMO.

I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have run the triple option at Arizona.

Hiring a triple option coach to not run the triple option would be one of the dumbest hires ever.

I would hate my team to run triple option, but if they hired a triple option guy and then didn’t run triple option...I’d give up before the first game.

Hiring a triple option coach to not run the triple option would be one of the dumbest hires ever.

I would hate my team to run triple option, but if they hired a triple option guy and then didn’t run triple option...I’d give up before the first game.

He's not the offensive coordinator.

Correct. Ivin Jasper has been his O coordinator for 10 seasons and with Navy football for 16. He, like, Coach N, played at Hawaii and, of course, has been subject of Game Day features due to his son needing a heart transplant.

Having said that, Noel Mazzone - Sumlin's O coordinator - is coming with him.

Typically, HC's bring portions, if not their staff with them. Niumatalolo wouldn't be any different.

Those who don't typically are new to that position, cook their chili extremely hot, carry invisible axe's on their back, and Tweet incessantly about Natty's in Tally.

Correct. Ivin Jasper has been his O coordinator for 10 seasons and with Navy football for 16. He, like, Coach N, played at Hawaii and, of course, has been subject of Game Day features due to his son needing a heart transplant.

Having said that, Noel Mazzone - Sumlin's O coordinator - is coming with him.

Typically, HC's bring portions, if not their staff with them. Niumatalolo wouldn't be any different.

Those who don't typically are new to that position, cook their chili extremely hot, carry invisible axe's on their back, and Tweet incessantly about Natty's in Tally.

Although in Niumatalolo's case I think Jasper would've ended up staying in Navy and taking over as HC.

If he is hired as a HC, there is 100% chance Niumatalolo is bringing that attack with him. He played in that system, coached as a GA in that system, learned from the best (Johnson) in that system. He is very happy at Navy and, if he didn't take the BYU position, I think he's pretty much staying put IMO.

Of course there are conflicting reports on whether the Zona AD cooled on Ken or vice versa.

Of course there are conflicting reports on whether the Zona AD cooled on Ken or vice versa.

Appears combination of both after a Tweet.
“I didn’t come to Arizona to run the triple-option,” Tate tweeted, then deleted

True. I guess that means that head coaches never tell their o coordinators what general scheme to run.

Not gonna debate you. Don’t even know why I read your posts. I no longer do. Waste of time.

Not the head coach, but coaching related (cut and paste from reddit with some additions/clarifications):

Dan Enos and Greg Roman will be the newest additions to the Michigan coaching staff, replacing Tim Drevno (OC,OL) Pep Hamilton (Assistant head coach & passing game coordinator), and Greg Frey (run game coordinator), all of which rumored to have accepted jobs elsewhere. Bringing in Greg Roman, it appears that Harbaugh is planning on switching to the pistol offense that he ran with Colin Kaepernick in SF. He's got the QB's for it in Patterson, McCaffrey, and Milton, as well as athletic WR's in DPJ, Black, and Collins.

Sounds like a Brewster like change in philosophy :)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom