2017 College Football Head Coach Fire and Hire Thread

Media reports are indicating Jimbo will leave after his game this week for A&M.

Jimbo's wife had a couple affairs. One with an ex-Florida football player. Also one with a tennis coach around Florida St. He and his now ex-wife are divorced.
He's probably paying her millions so he needs millions more to make up the difference. Plus, getting the hell out of an environment where you lost your wife probably isn't the worst idea.

David Beaty keeps his job and is coming back for a 4th year at Kansas.

He was 3-33 in the first three years. Now that is patience with a HC.

He inherited one of the biggest dumpster fires ever. As bad as it has been, he deserves at least one more year.

Looks like it's a done deal between Campbell and Iowa State, which is great. Anything that's good for Iowa State is bad for the sqwakeyes.

Wow, 6 years/$22.5 mill for Campbell...plus a $1 mill bump in staff salary pool. Now that's a commitment from ISU.

Beaty is Brewster. Stupid decision.

The correct decision would have been to hire whomever is the hottest MAC coach currently. I believe in that route, very much. You call up from the minor leagues, when someone does good.

Tennessee is toxic waste. I hope no serious coach considers them ... but money talks, so they'll probably snag some "name" coach. And continue to fail at football.

Beaty is Brewster. Stupid decision.

The correct decision would have been to hire whomever is the hottest MAC coach currently. I believe in that route, very much. You call up from the minor leagues, when someone does good.

Um, they did that with Turner Gill a few years ago, hot off taking Buffalo to a bowl game, he promptly went like 5-19 in two years and was fired. They went the exact opposite of Mangino and it failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I disagree that is at all the same thing. Gill went 5-7 at Buffalo his last year.

I'm talking about MAC coaches that have huge years with their MAC teams before getting a call up.

Gundy turns down 6 years 42 million from Tennessee.

Mississippi St hires Joe Moorhead from Penn St.

Media reports are indicating Jimbo will leave after his game this week for A&M.

Jimbo's wife had a couple affairs. One with an ex-Florida football player. Also one with a tennis coach around Florida St. He and his now ex-wife are divorced.
He's probably paying her millions so he needs millions more to make up the difference. Plus, getting the hell out of an environment where you lost your wife probably isn't the worst idea.

Well, he has the worst divorce lawyer in history if that’s the case.

Tennessee is so incredibly desperate at this point. Idk if I've seen anything like this. In a week they may be forced to hire Clayes.

Brohm might end up at Tennessee. I'd be okay with that b/c I'm afraid of what he'll due at Purdue.

I don't think he wants to go to Tennessee with all the snowflakes. They might have trouble attracting any well known coach regardless of the dollars.

Top Bottom