STrib: Gophers size up deficiencies after two Big Ten football defeats

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

So where do Fleck and the Gophers go from here? They need improvement in the passing game, players getting healthy, youngsters maturing quickly and even some good fortune to stop the bleeding.

First, the Gophers need more productivity at quarterback. Conor Rhoda passed for only 101 yards and committed two turnovers — a fumble on first-and-goal from the Purdue 8 in the second quarter and a fourth-down interception from the Boilermakers 27 that Ja’Whaun Bentley returned 76 yards for a TD with 10 seconds left. Rhoda has three red-zone turnovers this season.

Fleck termed the passing game “deficient’’ during his Sunday appearance on WCCO Radio. But would he replace Rhoda with Demry Croft, the former co-starter who returned last week from a disciplinary suspension? After the game, Fleck sounded as if he would not.

“He’s just back,’’ Fleck said of Croft, who took second-team snaps before the game but did not play against Purdue. “I’ve got to be able to trust you. I’ve got to be able to trust you’re going to do all the right things before you lead this football team. Conor deserves that. Just because he’s made a few mistakes — he’s really led this football team.’’

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...after-two-big-ten-football-defeats/450020973/

Go Gophers!!

per Randy:

So where do Fleck and the Gophers go from here? They need improvement in the passing game, players getting healthy, youngsters maturing quickly and even some good fortune to stop the bleeding.

First, the Gophers need more productivity at quarterback. Conor Rhoda passed for only 101 yards and committed two turnovers — a fumble on first-and-goal from the Purdue 8 in the second quarter and a fourth-down interception from the Boilermakers 27 that Ja’Whaun Bentley returned 76 yards for a TD with 10 seconds left. Rhoda has three red-zone turnovers this season.

Fleck termed the passing game “deficient’’ during his Sunday appearance on WCCO Radio. But would he replace Rhoda with Demry Croft, the former co-starter who returned last week from a disciplinary suspension? After the game, Fleck sounded as if he would not.

“He’s just back,’’ Fleck said of Croft, who took second-team snaps before the game but did not play against Purdue. “I’ve got to be able to trust you. I’ve got to be able to trust you’re going to do all the right things before you lead this football team. Conor deserves that. Just because he’s made a few mistakes — he’s really led this football team.’’

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...after-two-big-ten-football-defeats/450020973/

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like a dose of Kill stubbornness.

Top Bottom