Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

• Fleck will have a better career at Minnesota

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • Brohm will have a better career at Purdue

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters

Ask me this question in three or four years.

Ask me this question in three or four years.

Sure, time tells all. With that said, I can't imagine anyone at this time would really rather have PJ as our coach over Brohm. One has already proven he can out-scheme opponents and win some B1G games with lesser talent and remain competitive in others. The other is self admitting he is not an Xs and Os guy, but rather a motivator - and at least to this point has done a pretty poor job of that. It's all good as we didn't have the choice - Purdue made the right one, IMO, and left us with only one option. Maybe they will both succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, time tells all. With that said, I can't imagine anyone at this time would really rather have PJ as our coach over Brohm. One has already proven he can out-scheme opponents and win some B1G games with lesser talent and remain competitive in others. The other is self admitting he is not an Xs and Os guy, but rather a motivator - and at least to this point has done a pretty poor job of that. It's all good as we didn't have the choice - Purdue made the right one, IMO, and left us with only one option. Maybe they will both succeed.

You might want to check Purdue's record. You might also want to check their quarterbacks and receivers stats.

You might want to check Purdue's record. You might also want to check their quarterbacks and receivers stats.

Great idea. Thanks for your input JB. I always appreciate it.

You might want to check Minnesota's and Purdue's records last year.

Great idea. Thanks for your input JB. I always appreciate it.

So who exactly is Brohm out scheming? Did he out scheme Rutgers? It's pretty hilarious that you still think Purdue choose Brohm over Fleck even though you have been proven wrong by many posters yet you keep saying it.

Well said. I hope Fleck and staff get us back to where the program has been next year, and better beyond that, for the sake of the program.

You might want to check Minnesota's and Purdue's records last year.

What does that have to do with this year? Fleck is trying to run an RPO offense without a QB and receivers that can't catch. Brohm is trying to run a 4 wide spread with quarterbacks that can throw and receivers that can catch and they both have the same record. North Carolina was 8-5 last and has 3 wins this year. Duke won 8 games in 2015 and won 4 games last year.

So who exactly is Brohm out scheming? Did he out scheme Rutgers? <b>It's pretty hilarious that you still think Purdue choose Brohm over Fleck even though you have been proven wrong by many posters yet you keep saying it.</b>

Oh, this one again. You are a treasure. Have a great day JB!

Oh, this one again. You are a treasure. Have a great day JB!

Yes, do this has been rehashed by you and only you about 20 times on this board. And when people tell you Fleck had no interest in Purdue you stick your head in the sand and ignore articles.

Yes, do this has been rehashed by you and only you about 20 times on this board. And when people tell you Fleck had no interest in Purdue you stick your head in the sand and ignore articles.

Great Point. Thanks JB.

Seriously, are you related to PJ? Spoofin didn’t even criticize him, and you come to his defense.

Seriously, are you related to PJ? Spoofin didn’t even criticize him, and you come to his defense.

No, are you related to Claeys? Do you not believe nationally sourced articles as well?

I wish I could feel more optimistic but I feel like I have seen this show before.

And even Brewster had the squad on the verge of a breakout season in year 2 - and then his star receiver went down; and with it, the team and, with all the negativity that came with that fall, eventually, the program.

Your negativity is not helping this program one bit. Save it.

No, are you related to Claeys? Do you not believe nationally sourced articles as well?

Why do you keep bringing up Claeys. Not liking PJ does not mean someone was a Claeys disciple. Why can you not get it through your head I am not upset about Claeys not being our coach?

Yes, I was disappointed in how Coyle handled the transition and talked about the previous staff, but he had every right to make a change. I appreciate all that Kill/Claeys did to get the program back on solid ground, but have no idea if Claeys would have been successful. Just because I don’t like PJ does not mean: 1. I want Claeys back; or 2. I want PJ to fail.

Again with Claeys. Why on earth do you and GWG feel the need to bring him up in every thread? Just so you can then accuse of others of not letting go and being mad he was dismissed? I usually find such transparent actions amusing, but don't seem to with this ridiculous agenda. This thread, and every post prior to yours, had nothing to do with Claeys. Let him go JB. Your guy is coach now and will be for a while. Let's discuss what is good & bad about him and compare him to other coaches. smh

Why do you keep bringing up Claeys. Not liking PJ does not mean someone was a Claeys disciple. Why can you not get it through your head I am not upset about Claeys not being our coach?

Yes, I was disappointed in how Coyle handled the transition and talked about the previous staff, but he had every right to make a change. I appreciate all that Kill/Claeys did to get the program back on solid ground, but have no idea if Claeys would have been successful. Just because I don’t like PJ does not mean: 1. I want Claeys back; or 2. I want PJ to fail.

I didn't like Claeys being the coach and I think PJ will have success here. How exactly does that make me related to him?

Again with Claeys. Why on earth do you and GWG feel the need to bring him up in every thread? Just so you can then accuse of others of not letting go and being mad he was dismissed? I usually find such transparent actions amusing, but don't seem to with this ridiculous agenda. This thread, and every post prior to yours, had nothing to do with Claeys. Let him go JB. Your guy is coach now and will be for a while. Let's discuss what is good & bad about him and compare him to other coaches. smh

Yes, you and him both were giant fans and are/were mad he was dismissed. So it's pretty obvious that some have not liked him from the start because of who he replaced. It happened with me when Pitino replaced Tubby. It's happening now with Teague and Rubio. It's happens, just admit it.

Yes, you and him both were giant fans and are/were mad he was dismissed. So it's pretty obvious that some have not liked him from the start because of who he replaced. It happened with me when Pitino replaced Tubby. It's happening now with Teague and Rubio. It's happens, just admit it.

So you brought him up in a Fleck vs Brohm discussion, why?

So you brought him up in a Fleck vs Brohm discussion, why?

Because someone asked if I was related to a person I was a fan of so, I asked that person if he was related to a person he was a fan of.

Unknowable at this point and we all hope PJ is able to grow the program into a top tier program.

We reached an inflection point today though: we dropped to 54th in S&P+ while Purdue has risen to 52nd. Two different trajectories this season. In 4 or 5 seasons check back. Can PJ recruit well enough to get us back and surpass recent highs?

This is, of course, the correct answer to a rather stupid question.

Yes, that is a natural reaction but people should remember a simple truth in pro, and even major college, sports: most coaches are hired to be fired later. The ratio is much higher in pro sports of course where leaving voluntarily to accept another job is less frequent.

I didn't like Claeys being the coach and I think PJ will have success here. How exactly does that make me related to him?

You had every right to not like Claeys. You also do not need to run to the defense of PJ all the time. Just because some do not like some of his actions does not mean it is because they are mad Claeys is not here or want PJ to fail. It is simply that they question the direction he is taking with some things.

You are projecting your thinking on others :) And, as I have shared repeatedly with you, I was not a “huge fan” of Claeys. I wanted him to be successful because he was our coach, and I appreciate all he did for us while he was here. That doesn’t have anything to do with PJ. You can dislike PJ for reasons other than Claeys not being here. And to clarify, I have not called for his head, and do not want him to fail.

Brohm. Purdue's history is in favor of playing this kind of style of football. And Fleck got a bit too deep in his 2nd HC job.

Purdue seems to be progressing in the right direction. We have taken a step back. I would say Purdue has the lead.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Purdue seems to be progressing in the right direction. We have taken a step back. I would say Purdue has the lead.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

So weird it's Wisconsin week and you've made a reappearance.

Top Bottom