Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

• Fleck will have a better career at Minnesota

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • Brohm will have a better career at Purdue

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters

So who exactly is Brohm out scheming? Did he out scheme Rutgers? It's pretty hilarious that you still think Purdue choose Brohm over Fleck even though you have been proven wrong by many posters yet you keep saying it.

Unless you think Purdue is every bit as talented as the Hawkeye team that throttled tOSU, I guess I'd put Iowa in that category.

Unless you think Purdue is every bit as talented as the Hawkeye team that throttled tOSU, I guess I'd put Iowa in that category.

Didn't he also out scheme us?

Yes, but JB disagreed if I remember right. I might be wrong, but several ppl thought Purdue was more talented than us.

Both teams looked horrible.

How the teams looked, wasn't the question or the point trying to be made. It was about whom Brohm has out schemed. Which it was pointed out that he did against Iowa and he also did it against us. You knew that, but since your worship of all things PJ got in the way, you had to make the both teams looked horrible statement.

How the teams looked, wasn't the question or the point trying to be made. It was about whom Brohm has out schemed. Which it was pointed out that he did against Iowa and he also did it against us. You knew that, but since your worship of all things PJ got in the way, you had to make the both teams looked horrible statement.

How exactly did he out scheme us? Beating a team a team and out scheming aren't synonymous. No one worships anyone no matter how many times you continue to say this.

It sounds like this is Year Zero so expect us to suck. Next year, we will suck because it is a new QB starting (no experience at the position despite Year Zero being a great time to get experience). The year after it will be that we need to wait for his his recruits to develop and the year after will be "it is too hard to recruit to Minnesota without XYZ" so be happy with 6 wins and the Motor City Bowl. I wish I could feel more optimistic but I feel like I have seen this show before.

I should add that the comments in support of Fleck are reruns of the comments I read when Tim Brewster was hired and the same as when Kill was hired. As was the same tune about recruiting magically getting better. Remember all the talk (on this board) about how the Dome hurt recruiting because they hosted tractor pulls, etc? Kill's recruiting was pretty mediocre - how bad would it have been without that magical halo of TCF?....or, did TCF really not move the needle when it comes to recruiting? I will leave it to you to decide.

I remember all the hype about how the Dome would really help recruiting because kids from warm climate zones would know they'd not be playing in Minnesota cold and snow. Eventually, the Dome was blamed for everything and TCF would be a boon to recruiting. Didn't happen either way.

How exactly did he out scheme us? Beating a team a team and out scheming aren't synonymous. No one worships anyone no matter how many times you continue to say this.

Who won the game?
P also had 400 yards of Off to our 300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purdue did hang in with Louisville and beat Missouri. Both are more impressive than anything we have done so far.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Purdue did hang in with Louisville and beat Missouri. Both are more impressive than anything we have done so far.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

not to mention Iowa

After two years, I like where Fleck has our program going compared to where Brohm has Purdue going.

Go Gophers!!

I also like the fact that PJF recruits and mentors his athletes to be good citizens. I appreciate the fact that he emphasizes attending classes , doing community work and showing good sportsmanship. I would be interested to hear from any of you who watched the game today about the comments from some Auburn players that Purdue was playing dirty ? Brohm admitted his team got frustrated later in the game.

I still think Brohm is more likely to bolt than Fleck even after he passed on Louisville.

I also like the fact that PJF recruits and mentors his athletes to be good citizens. I appreciate the fact that he emphasizes attending classes , doing community work and showing good sportsmanship. I would be interested to hear from any of you who watched the game today about the comments from some Auburn players that Purdue was playing dirty ? Brohm admitted his team got frustrated later in the game.

Great points. I’ve heard that Brohm has told players it’s ok to commit armed robbery, just don’t get caught. I’m so glad we hired Fleck and his value system and not Brohm.

I still think Brohm is more likely to bolt than Fleck even after he passed on Louisville.

My take is that Fleck believes 1) you can win big here; 2) the climate doesn't have to be recruiting death and could be spun to be an advantage with some kids; and 3) this city as a place to live is right up his alley.

My take is that Fleck believes 1) you can win big here; 2) the climate doesn't have to be recruiting death and could be spun to be an advantage with some kids; and 3) this city as a place to live is right up his alley.

I also think the way Fleck carries himself lends itself to being a building job not a must win 11+ games every year job.
I think Brohm has flirted with TN and Louisville the last two years. Only a matter of time before someone he takes comes calling.

Why do you keep bringing up Claeys. Not liking PJ does not mean someone was a Claeys disciple. Why can you not get it through your head I am not upset about Claeys not being our coach?

Yes, I was disappointed in how Coyle handled the transition and talked about the previous staff, but he had every right to make a change. I appreciate all that Kill/Claeys did to get the program back on solid ground, but have no idea if Claeys would have been successful. Just because I don’t like PJ does not mean: 1. I want Claeys back; or 2. I want PJ to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kill and claeys sent this program back to the toilet, they recruited garbage players and were in way over their heads, about the only thing that staff could master was the buffet line

Kill and claeys sent this program back to the toilet, they recruited garbage players and were in way over their heads, about the only thing that staff could master was the buffet line

Mods...troll. Please ban.

My .02$ - Brohm has more of a utilitarian view of the players. Win at all cost. PJ Fleck is more player-centric although he has high expectations.

Are opinions not allowed? Or are people only allowed to kisss the azz of previous coaches?

I think different opinions are fine, you should have just said it a little differently. No need to take personal insults at the former coaching staff and players they recruited.

Top Bottom