Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

• Fleck will have a better career at Minnesota

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • Brohm will have a better career at Purdue

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters
I haven't been overly impressed with the QB recruits Brohm has brought in on paper. We'll see what happens when he has to use one of his own guys, but that won't be until his fifth year at Purdue if Sindelar gets a 6th year of eligibility and remains healthy. Meanwhile Fleck doesn't even have a scholarship QB on roster from the old regime in year 2, unless you count Seth Green.

I think different opinions are fine, you should have just said it a little differently. No need to take personal insults at the former coaching staff and players they recruited.

OK. They recruited 5 star studs and looked like Olympians, Alabama wishes they had kill and company instead of Saban

OK. They recruited 5 star studs and looked like Olympians, Alabama wishes they had kill and company instead of Saban

Still not good. Should have a comma after OK, a period after Olympians, Kill should be capitalized, and your run-on sentence didn’t even have a period. Please try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not good. Should have a comma after OK, a period after Olympians, Kill should be capitalized, and your run-on sentence didn’t even have a period. Please try again.

Jeff who?? You mean the guy who embarrassed the Big Ten West in their bowl game?

I can't pee if someone is watching, now I maybe unable to post. Please be kind :D

said fleck back then, still believe fleck will.

Head-to-head.......Fleck 2-Brohm 1

Last edited:

Fleck is by far the better person and coach!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fleck is by far the <b>better person </b>and coach!

You know them both? Such a dumb post.

Did anyone notice the unfriendly exchange of handshakes between Fleck and Brohm after the game?

You know them both? Such a dumb post.

Dont have to. Didn't say I know them. Public info and quotes from people who do know them covers it for me... I don't care what you think. The fake handshake by Brohm after the game tells a story by itself .....

Brohm is a total tool. Wow. Unbelievably happy he is not the coach of the Golden Gophers.

And a complete idiot. Trying to do something with the ball at the end of the first half SHOULD have cost him a FG at least, if not a pick-6. Absolutely moronic move in that situation.

Purdue looks more like a good FCS team. They have speed, but no size. They do not have the size to compete in the B1G. It is obvious that Brohm is not recruiting at the same level as PJ.

We may have messed upon on preparing for some of the looks from Purdue, but we seem to have overall better athletes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did anyone notice the unfriendly exchange of handshakes between Fleck and Brohm after the game?

It was just a quick drive-by.

Fleck said something postgame that "Brohm called the lost to MN the worst of his career last year"

So evidently Fleck took that a bit personally.

But you could argue, considering both teams are in the West, both know they need to surpass the others to avoid getting canned as a HC down the road.

Fleck said something postgame that "Brohm called the lost to MN the worst of his career last year"

But you could argue, considering both teams are in the West, both know they need to surpass the others to avoid getting canned as a HC down the road.

Yes, I believe you are correct... Fleck pointed out something to the effect that he would never talk down about the opponent or something like that to motivate your own team.... The quality of the postgame presser was piss poor... I am not going to try to watch it again. Kudos to Purdue University for arranging such a "professional" post game press conference setting for us. God awful.

I went back again... horrible quality due to the setting of the press conference. PJ alludes to Brohm indicating no respect for the Gophers (even after we punched them out last year) and using it as a motivating tool for his team (his worst loss EVER)...

PJ does point out that we need to earn respect... But in my opinion, we should have Brohms respect by now, and I'm sure PJ feels it is deserved too.

Last edited:

Yes, I believe you are correct... Fleck pointed out something to the effect that he would never talk down about the opponent or something like that to motivate your own team.... The quality of the postgame presser was piss poor... I am not going to try to watch it again. Kudos to Purdue University for arranging such a "professional" post game press conference setting for us. God awful.

I went back again... horrible quality due to the setting of the press conference. PJ alludes to Brohm indicating no respect for the Gophers (even after we punched them out last year) and using it as a motivating tool for his team (his worst loss EVER)...

PJ does point out that we need to earn respect... But in my opinion, we should have Brohms respect by now, and I'm sure PJ feels it is deserved too.

I love it! Keep that fire burning PJ! Best way to keep them quiet is winning.

Looks like Brohm will once again lose more games than the previous year.

I’m starting to think Brohm isn’t as great a coach as everyone thought. Fleck clearly has the better team, and more class. I don’t even agree with Fleck politically judging by the posters he has in his office. But I respect him. He stands by what he preaches all the time. I thought he was a salesman at first, until I realized he truly believes what he talks about. It’s hard to believe when we live in a world that seems to be made up of a lot of fake people. But Fleck, from all I’ve heard, is genuinely that enthusiastic and he walks his talk. Brohm seems bitter and Purdue is underwhelming. Regardless of their injuries.

I’m starting to think Brohm isn’t as great a coach as everyone thought. Fleck clearly has the better team, and more class. I don’t even agree with Fleck politically judging by the posters he has in his office. But I respect him. He stands by what he preaches all the time. I thought he was a salesman at first, until I realized he truly believes what he talks about. It’s hard to believe when we live in a world that seems to be made up of a lot of fake people. But Fleck, from all I’ve heard, is genuinely that enthusiastic and he walks his talk. Brohm seems bitter and Purdue is underwhelming. Regardless of their injuries.

Purdue had won 4 in a row last year and was looking for a bowl game. Getting thrashed 41-10 by a .500 team probably was his worst loss of his career.

I guess I'm not seeing the issue here.

Purdue had won 4 in a row last year and was looking for a bowl game. Getting thrashed 41-10 by a .500 team probably was his worst loss of his career.

I guess I'm not seeing the issue here.

The issue is when it mattered his team choked and hasn’t bounced back yet, even with anything he’s tried as head coach since. Makes me think he’s not that amazing

The issue is when it mattered his team choked and hasn’t bounced back yet, even with anything he’s tried as head coach since. Makes me think he’s not that amazing

Oh, I get that. Frost may be the same thing.

People are saying Fleck had a problem with the comments though.

Why?

It was Purdue’s worst loss in Brohm era.
I don’t see the issue with them saying that about last years game.

Points-wise, maybe, but I think losing to Nevada or Eastern Michigan is much worse.

They lost 63-14 to Auburn in their bowl game.

The loss to us last season seems to have sent them into a tailspin. They’re 2-6 since. It’s a bad football team, tbh.

Let's give Brohm this. He did blow out Ohio St last year in an impressive way. That was a bigger win than us beating a down Wisconsin team.

They lost 63-14 to Auburn in their bowl game.

The loss to us last season seems to have sent them into a tailspin. They’re 2-6 since. It’s a bad football team, tbh.

I'd have to hear Brohm's comments, but I think it's a dangerous line to walk when you talk about losing to a Big 10 team on the road. It is insulting, especially when your resume is littered with losses to Eastern Michigan, Nevada, etc.

That said, that team last year showed zero fight in the game against us. It was over before it started. As a coach, that would be the most annoying way to lose. Maybe that is what Brohm was referring to?

Well it was 41-10. I think that had something to do with the “worst” comment.

Ryan Burns on his last podcast said that he's gotten texts from people who have attended Purdue practices which have said that Brohm will randomly bring up Fleck and start talking about him in the middle fo the practice.

Ryan Burns on his last podcast said that he's gotten texts from people who have attended Purdue practices which have said that Brohm will randomly bring up Fleck and start talking about him in the middle fo the practice.

Kind of like Gopherholers and Brohm. Wierd fixations and inferiority complexes on both sides?

Top Bottom