Barreiro This Morning

Been thinking the same...wouldn't jucos in key red shirt positions actually benefit the development of underclassmen this year?

Then why didn't Claeys sign any JUCO offensive lineman by the Dec 15 deadline?

Your whole assumption is that said player (whoever it is) would be a starter or serviceable back-up. There are hundreds of 3-star players each year that we don't offer because we don't think they are good enough.

And yours is that he wasn't. At the time, no one knew. He did land at Southern Miss, and is in the two deep, so while he probably wasn't the next Rimington, he wasn't the next Bobby Massie either. I'm not saying the player involved is key, I do think if you have a need, and you don't fill that need, you shouldn't complain about it. Even if that was a mediocre solution, it's still better than no solution.

And yours is that he wasn't. At the time, no one knew. He did land at Southern Miss, and is in the two deep, so while he probably wasn't the next Rimington, he wasn't the next Bobby Massie either. I'm not saying the player involved is key, I do think if you have a need, and you don't fill that need, you shouldn't complain about it. Even if that was a mediocre solution, it's still better than no solution.

Did PJ even know at the time that Moore and Mayes were transferring? Not to mention the fact that he had never observed a single practice. Neither PJ or any power 5 coach thought he was worthy of an offer.

Your whole assumption is that said player (whoever it is) would be a starter or serviceable back-up. There are hundreds of 3-star players each year that we don't offer because we don't think they are good enough.

Wait, was he a low 3-star, mid 3-star, or high 3-star? That should settle this debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did PJ even know at the time that Moore and Mayes were transferring? Not to mention the fact that he had never observed a single practice. Neither PJ or any power 5 coach thought he was worthy of an offer.

FWIW, he was rated one spot higher than the OG Ben Davis Fleck did take in terms of JC OGs, originally was offered and attended Louisville but ended up going JC route, PJ did know about Moore (Mayes was announced later, so don't know if he knew about that or not), and yeah, he didn't have any other P5 offers.

None of it matters - I'm not saying it was a mistake, but I am saying in hindsight, might have been good to keep him given how thin we are. An interesting side note, looking at the state sheets on gophersports, neither Silver nor Davis appear to have played this year.

FWIW, he was rated one spot higher than the OG Ben Davis Fleck did take in terms of JC OGs, originally was offered and attended Louisville but ended up going JC route, PJ did know about Moore (Mayes was announced later, so don't know if he knew about that or not), and yeah, he didn't have any other P5 offers.

None of it matters - I'm not saying it was a mistake, but I am saying in hindsight, might have been good to keep him given how thin we are. An interesting side note, looking at the state sheets on gophersports, neither Silver nor Davis appear to have played this year.

Fleck also didn't keep McLaurin. Maybe we can blame him for the lack of QB play because McLaurin might have been serviceable...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom