The myth that we run inside zone over and over

Actually PJ said himself the Gophers need to do a better job of blocking the inside zone. The inside zone is really an option play but it isn't for us, as the QB doesn't keep it. Calling the play an inside zone is really a misnomer. Sorry PJ.

Huh? "Inside" means that the gap focus is between the tackles, and "zone" refers to the blocking scheme. You can run zone-read, run-pass option, or no option at all, and you can run it out of virtually any formation imaginable. Where did you get the fallacious idea that inside zone is synonymous with option?

without getting into the X's and O's - can we agree that the majority of running plays are behind the center or in the center-guard gaps? I just don't see a lot of runs that go off-tackle or outside the tackles. Maybe I'm blind. I know I'm not blind drunk. There are days I wish I was blind drunk, but that's another story.

without getting into the X's and O's - can we agree that the majority of running plays are behind the center or in the center-guard gaps? I just don't see a lot of runs that go off-tackle or outside the tackles. Maybe I'm blind. I know I'm not blind drunk. There are days I wish I was blind drunk, but that's another story.

This season may test our sobriety

Go rewatch the game.

Jet, power, sweep, inside zone, outside zone, counter

All were run yesterday.

We definitely ran a more open run game yesterday, I wish
they would start it earlier in the season so they can get
those plays to perfection, not 'hide' them. C'mon.
My only beef is they went away from a lot of things that
worked, a la @ sconnie last year.

Top Bottom