Predict The Score vs MSU 10-14-17 at The Bank.

Dr.Don

Reaction score
Dr.Don: Gophers 17 Spartans 27.

Ewert86PC:

21 University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
42 Michigan State University Spartans

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spoofin:
MSU: 34
MN: 37

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only missed a tiny handful of Gopher games in the past 20 years - Penn State '99, Ohio State '00, Wisconsin '03, Nebraska '13. Yeah, I'm cursed.

I have a wedding Saturday night and will miss the game entirely. Gophers roll.

Gophers 34
Spartans 21

First I would like to say that I was absolutely in favor of Fleck's hire. I believe he was the mentality, football knowledge, and enthusiasm to make the Golden Gophers into a very competitive and consistent bowl team.

I will be honest in stating that I do not know much about the status of your team. I read on another thread that you have been dealing with a rash of injuries. That makes it difficult for any coach to build consistency when the lineup is constantly changing.

Don't let MSU's win over Michigan alarm you. The Spartans are extremely young (12 true freshmen are already seeing action) and because of their youth remain inconsistent in their performance. They haven't yet learned or been acquainted with the rigors of playing football at this level for such a long duration.

I really don't know what team will show up this weekend. The defense played a strong game against Iowa and Michigan, can they do it again for a third consecutive week?

Offensively MSU is strugglingly to run the ball. The OL is made up of one senior, one sophomore, two RSF, and one true freshmen. All but the senior are going through a steep leaning curve, and as a result the run game is nonexistent. The young guys as a whole are missing too many assignments.

I don't expect it to be a high scoring affair unless Minnesota gets hot offensively, and the MSU defense is hung over form their Michigan performance.

I see a low scoring game here. Gonna go with:

MGGopher: MSU 19 Gophers 16

Sparlimb: Gophers 0 Michigan St 34

I'm going to the game, so I hope I'm way wrong.

I cannot bring myself to predict a score on a game such as this one. I have no confidence the Gophers can win.

MN Golden Gophers 17
Sparty 10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the toughest one yet.

MSU - 34
Minn - 9

State is coming off a very emotional win. They will take a half to get going offensively. So, I think we keep it close despite not really having any offensive production. My guess is 7-7 or 7-3 at the half with State pulling away 17-7. I don't think we will get blown out, but I don't think this game will make any fans happy - not really a defensive battle, just inept UMN going against a sloppy State until they start clicking.

Gopher07: Gophers 13 Michigan State 30

I think the lack of comments reflects the foreboding clouds on the horizon.

However, there is always a chance. Syracuse just picked off Clemson.

Flecks says "F it, F'ers" in his best Burns impersonation and the offense goes nuts, pieces together enough drives to get 14 points off TDs. We get a defensive score or a big turnover on their side of the field. Rhoda runs for 150 yards on zone read keepers. The defense, invigorated by the return of their headhunters McGhee and Devers beats up Lewerke forcing Dantonio to go to his second string QB. Carpenter hits on 3 field goals. Santoso doesn't cripple our field position.

MN 30
MSU 14

Top Bottom