[PREDICT THE SPREAD] - Gophers hosting Michigan State

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Before we start I'd like to remind people that Vegas doesn't often overreact to one week and that no matter how ugly the game was yesterday the Gophers won't be two-touchdown underdogs.

With that said, I'll go Gophers +5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSU -10

Depends on if Winfield is fully healthy and if McGhee, Connelly, Weyler, Thomas, and Howard are back.

With all of them +3 seems about right, without most of them +11 seems about right.

Depends on if Winfield is fully healthy and if McGhee, Connelly, Weyler, Thomas, and Howard are back.

With all of them +3 seems about right, without most of them +11 seems about right.

I doubt the average fan and, due to that, Vegas will worry much about them. Money will come in heavy on mich st if the spread is anything less than mich st -6

It will open Spartans -4 and get bet up quickly. There may not be an early line w/ the injury situation though...

That shocks me. Maybe Vegas thinks this is one they can get a steal on people overrating the Spartans and he gophers pull off an upset? I can’t think of a reason for that line otherwise.

This really is surprising, as you'd think Joe Public would hammer MSU and drive this up to 6 or 7 points. There's either a) a lot of big money coming in on MN to offset Joe Public bets or b) Joe Public isn't betting the way I'd expect.

Here's another interesting line: Mich opens -7 at Indiana and that's down to 5.5. I would've been all over -7. Indiana seems fairly legit and the way Mich is struggling on offense right now, this should be a really close game.

Top Bottom