Fleck after Purdue loss

I've never worried about what a coach says in a press conference or interview. What a coach says to the public could be completely different than what he says to the team.

What's really funny to me is that a badgers message board is dissecting our coach's interviews.

I'm glad to know our practice injuries are greatly reduced. AW and DD may not find comfort in that, but I sure do. This new guy is making great progress from those quacks we had in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was weird to hear about so many injuries in practice over the last few years.

Funny how people say Fleck doesn't care about winning games this year but they want to put Tanner Morgan in. Ya see, I would say Fleck is more competitive than most anyone on this board, and he's playing Rhoda because that's far and away his best option and best chance to win. I'm going to bet he knows more about building a winning college football program than Gopherhole posters.

To say a guy who made an NFL roster for 2 years at 5' 10" doesn't want to win is ludicrous. Saying he focuses on the how doesn't mean he doesn't want to win. Saying he won't sacrifice what he really wants in the future (a Big Ten championship) for what you really want now (wins) doesn't mean he doesn't want to win and isn't doing everything he can to win, it means he won't sacrifice or compromise what he is building by playing players who don't do what is necessary (in his program) to win championships. No Gopher coach in the last 45 years, to my knowledge, won a Championship of any kind at a D1 school before coming here. Fleck won a conference championship in the MAC, both regular season and playoff. No Gopher coach played in a Bowl Game as prestigious as the one Fleck's team did before coming here either. Am I wrong?

never mind

I've never worried about what a coach says in a press conference or interview. What a coach says to the public could be completely different than what he says to the team.

What's really funny to me is that a badgers message board is dissecting our coach's interviews.

Well, we also have a Gopher fan dissecting PJ's relationship to his players by comparing it to the way his own wife disciplines the kids. Some people are trying too hard and it's only 5 games into the PJ era.

Well, we also have a Gopher fan dissecting PJ's relationship to his players by comparing it to the way his own wife disciplines the kids. Some people are trying too hard and it's only 5 games into the PJ era.

At least that has to do with our team.

Maybe I should start a thread so we can discuss what Paul Chyst's favorite color of Gatorade is.

You and Highwayman have to be interesting to hang with. What do you communicate with other humans about? Do you? It's just idle speculation and discussion and sometimes strongly held opinions and not so strong opinions. The sensitivity to measured criticism..It's football. PJ is a lightning rod here and elsewhere. He and you better sharpen your spears and thicken your hides.

Funny how people say Fleck doesn't care about winning games this year but they want to put Tanner Morgan in. Ya see, I would say Fleck is more competitive than most anyone on this board, and he's playing Rhoda because that's far and away his best option and best chance to win. I'm going to bet he knows more about building a winning college football program than Gopherhole posters.

To say a guy who made an NFL roster for 2 years at 5' 10" doesn't want to win is ludicrous. Saying he focuses on the how doesn't mean he doesn't want to win. Saying he won't sacrifice what he really wants in the future (a Big Ten championship) for what you really want now (wins) doesn't mean he doesn't want to win and isn't doing everything he can to win, it means he won't sacrifice or compromise what he is building by playing players who don't do what is necessary (in his program) to win championships. No Gopher coach in the last 45 years, to my knowledge, won a Championship of any kind at a D1 school before coming here. Fleck won a conference championship in the MAC, both regular season and playoff. No Gopher coach played in a Bowl Game as prestigious as the one Fleck's team did before coming here either. Am I wrong?

Nice massage on that one...their saying if some are resigned to this being a restart, then let's get it on...not need to waste time with a RS Sr at QB.

Nice massage on that one...their saying if some are resigned to this being a restart, then let's get it on...not need to waste time with a RS Sr at QB.

I was addressing those that have been saying Fleck doesn't want to win, yet they want Morgan to play, which would decrease the odds of winning considerably. I'm just guessing Fleck and his OC know a hell of a lot more about their Aqaba situation than Gopherholers.

I was addressing those that have been saying Fleck doesn't want to win, yet they want Morgan to play, which would decrease the odds of winning considerably. I'm just guessing Fleck and his OC know a hell of a lot more about their Aqaba situation than Gopherholers.

Hmm, international politics. Renaissance men.

If we're recruiting as well as everyone says we shouldn't have to depend on a 5th-year Tanner Morgan as our QB. Play him now if Greem, Croft, and Rhoda can't cut it.
I'm guessing they won't play Morgan now because he isn't ready. If he was, he would be starting. If Fleck did start Morgan when he wasn't ready just to get experience, he would be admitting that they are throwing the season away.

MN isn't throwing the season away because they lost their first 2 B1G games. Gophers were in the same spot last year and they won 9 games, even with their QB turning the ball over constantly.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they won't play Morgan now because he isn't ready. If he was, he would be starting. If Fleck did start Morgan when he wasn't ready just to get experience, he would be admitting that they are throwing the season away.

MN isn't throwing the season away because they lost their first 2 B1G games. Gophers were in the same spot last year and they won 9 games, even with their QB turning the ball over constantly.

Mitch averaged 1 interception per game (not great, but not bad) even with the terrible 4-interception game against Wisconsin. Outside of the WI game he had 8 interceptions in 11 games. I wouldn't say that is turning the ball over constantly.

At least that has to do with our team.

Maybe I should start a thread so we can discuss what Paul Chyst's favorite color of Gatorade is.

My solid source who shall remain nameless says Chryst is a closet Powerade drinker.

PJ has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to play Morgan because he wants to save his redshirt, he mentioned that in the same statement when he was talking about not sacrificing the future for now.

Ugh...I agree with a badger fan. I know I don't matter, and it's far more important what PJ is saying to the players, but his "my fault" doesn't ring true. I like the examples from the badger TAW provided. Darn it!

Mitch averaged 1 interception per game (not great, but not bad) even with the terrible 4-interception game against Wisconsin. Outside of the WI game he had 8 interceptions in 11 games. I wouldn't say that is turning the ball over constantly.
Only turned the ball over in crucial games, then? PSU, Iowa, NE, and WI.

PJ has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to play Morgan because he wants to save his redshirt, he mentioned that in the same statement when he was talking about not sacrificing the future for now.
Exactly. I was responding to someone suggesting we "play him now"

Top Bottom