Put Rhoda under center (literally).

balds

Reaction score
He is no threat in the read option. The read option takes too long, longer than our OL can block. Put him under center, line up in the I and give Brooks/Smith a chance for some quick blasts. Teams are absolutely tee'ing off on our read "option".

He is no threat in the read option. The read option takes too long, longer than our OL can block. Put him under center, line up in the I and give Brooks/Smith a chance for some quick blasts. Teams are absolutely tee'ing off on our read "option".

Or start running play action instead of zone reads.

+1. Either play Croft or adjust your offense to suit the talent on the field. This is starting to resemble the square peg round hole of the first year of the Brewster era. Even with Croft playing 40% of the time it's less painful.

I said this about 5 minutes into the Buffalo game. Put Beebe at fullback and offset your lack of WR depth by taking one off the field.

I HATE inside zone right now, but this is clearly another case of Fleck not wanting to sacrifice the future for this year. 3 of these OL will be returning next year. Both RB's will be returning. Fleck wants them getting game reps with the bread and butter of the offense. Sucks, but true. We did see two new wrinkles today that will undoubtedly show up more and more as the season goes on: 1) stretch (or outside zone) with uncovered linemen pulling and 2) jet sweep to Brooks (and fakes of this leading to more inside zone or playaction pass).

The offense sucks and will continue sucking this season. Sad, but true. Remember that season under Kill when MN could only score 13 points every week? We're headed for that again.

Hopefully our OL play improves in the future and we find a QB someday -- one who can read inside zone, keep when appropriate, and throw at an average D1 clip. Big dreams, I know.

I've been following the Gophers for only 22 years but getting a top-tier QB would go a long, no...very long, way with the Gophers' problems.

Maybe this is the Coach to at least pull that off.

I HATE inside zone right now, but this is clearly another case of Fleck not wanting to sacrifice the future for this year. 3 of these OL will be returning next year. Both RB's will be returning. Fleck wants them getting game reps with the bread and butter of the offense. Sucks, but true. We did see two new wrinkles today that will undoubtedly show up more and more as the season goes on: 1) stretch (or outside zone) with uncovered linemen pulling and 2) jet sweep to Brooks (and fakes of this leading to more inside zone or playaction pass).

The offense sucks and will continue sucking this season. Sad, but true. Remember that season under Kill when MN could only score 13 points every week? We're headed for that again.

Hopefully our OL play improves in the future and we find a QB someday -- one who can read inside zone, keep when appropriate, and throw at an average D1 clip. Big dreams, I know.

Good observation. Watching the lineman pull was painful at times. Saw several wiffs on outside blocks. Not sure if its inexperience or simple lack of athleticism. I'm glad they're adding some twists to try to attack the outside, but it's gonna take some work to improve...hopefully soon.

Top Bottom