What area of the program has improved this year?

Tlsbhansen

Reaction score
I realize from a win/loss perspective we are almost assured to take a step back this year. But when you hire a new coach I would think you expect him to make an impact/improvement in at least some areas in the first year. I am wondering in what areas others think we have improved this year?

I realize from a win/loss perspective we are almost assured to take a step back this year. But when you hire a new coach I would think you expect him to make an impact/improvement in at least some areas in the first year. I am wondering in what areas others think we have improved this year?
Recruiting.

Less targeting.
Really good pass blocking.

Everything else on the field is worse.
But the on-field stuff isn't going to matter, or so I'm told.

this year the fellas know the difference between happiness and joy. last year they didn't.

The head coach can sprint his tail off on the sideline..Was not possible with Tracy last year....other than that??...

The head coach can sprint his tail off on the sideline..Was not possible with Tracy last year....other than that??...

Seriously stop sprinting our ****ing linemen between quarters.
They only have so much ATP and you wind them before every ****ing quarter.

Targeting penalties. Brutal end of half/game clock management (even if you didn't like today, it's nowhere near as bad as Michigan 15 or Purdue 16).

Targeting penalties. Brutal end of half/game clock management (even if you didn't like today, it's nowhere near as bad as Michigan 15 or Purdue 16).

Well Duke has been out so the targeting is fixed....

Hugely agree, Flecks management down the stretch today was perfect, even if our defense pissed themselves to end the game.

Ease of watercraft one-liners for abysmal performances?

The hand off to the officials is better.

I can't say whether any aspect of the program - on-field at least - is clearly better than last year.

I think one of my biggest disappointments is that I was expecting to see a more dynamic and diverse offense. so far, zilch. showed some flashes early with the pass plays to Tyler Johnson, but no consistency, yet.

this year the fellas know the difference between happiness and joy. last year they didn't.

This year the fellas know the difference between wins and losses.

Everything off the field. On the field? clock management

Coaches show is no longer relegated to an internet only show and sold as a progressive way to market the program...

Coaches show is no longer relegated to an internet only show and sold as a progressive way to market the program...

Maybe, but Tracy's show was way more fun to watch for the non-casual fan.

Despite the false narrative that there is no depth, there is actually enough depth to give a scholarship to a kicker that doesn't kick in games.

Despite the false narrative that there is no depth, there is actually enough depth to give a scholarship to a kicker that doesn't kick in games.

Wouldn't be handing out scholarships to folks who you wouldn't expect indicate a lack of depth?

Like, whatever give it to that guy...

lol, they _really_ want him to though.
I seriously don't understand why they wasted a scholarship on that guy when we had the best placekicker and punter in the big 10 last year.
Or why we aren't using those placekickers and punters in their respective positions.

lol, they _really_ want him to though.
I seriously don't understand why they wasted a scholarship on that guy when we had the best placekicker and punter in the big 10 last year.
Or why we aren't using those placekickers and punters in their respective positions.

Santoso was 7th in the B1G in average yards per punt last year. How much more misinformation are you going to spew today?

No pre-snap penalties

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No improvement. UMN was 3-2 after 5 games 1 yr ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Self-esteem among players is high. Results don’t matter, failure is highly valued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom