What area of the program has improved this year?

Wouldn't be handing out scholarships to folks who you wouldn't expect indicate a lack of depth?

Like, whatever give it to that guy...

This is the much more accurate way to look at it IMO

Fleck giving him the scholarship was to send a message that giving back is something that is worthwhile and something that will become a staple of this program

You think that's what brought the attention for the Outside the Lines piece? Unfortunately, those kinds of things happen on college campuses every year. Last year's was famous because of how it was handled by the University. Those guys are still there.

Did you read what I wrote?

Did you read what I wrote?

Unfortunately I did.

You made a goofy a comment about this staff reducing the amount of scandals we have. You know, because there isn't much football-wise anymore.
Someone came back and talked about the month 1 recruiting violation.
You sarcastically said something about Outside the Lines.

I was pointing out that Outside the Lines was here for incident, but it was to cover how badly the U butchered the situation. It also struck a nerve because of the general insanity that has run rampant on college campuses. I realize the nuance of the piece is lost on you.

We must lead the nation in gimmicks; sprinting down the field between quarters, fist in the air, RTB and other slogans, Fleck shoes, handing the ball off to the ref (which I like), etc.

I've had a couple days to think about this and... I'll need a few more to think about it.

Interior D-front - Richardson, Jackson, and Celestin seem very solid this year. Barber has been really big on a few occasions.
O-Line and RB pass blocking significantly improved. Waaay fewer sacks this year. Rhoda seems to have good pocket presence as well.
Passing efficiency (at least so far).
Points off turnover slightly better, but not much.

I realize from a win/loss perspective we are almost assured to take a step back this year. But when you hire a new coach I would think you expect him to make an impact/improvement in at least some areas in the first year. I am wondering in what areas others think we have improved this year?
Revenue generated.... if you can believe the article from a week ago or so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Revenue generated.... if you can believe the article from a week ago or so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AWESOME!! Maybe that will help pay for the increased coaching staff payroll!

From the coaches' perspectives, our payroll has improved this year!!!!:clap:

Recruiting is the key for me. If he lands Quinn Carroll and Hank B. with a good supporting class we are on track to improve many areas.

Pre-snap penalties, not much else. How many people were expecting improvement from last year?

Maybe you missed our class ranking in June?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood the hype in June. Good thing is that, per Scout, we are at 35 right now. Last year we ended up at 59.

Fleck is over his head. Terrible game management. Other established Big Ten coaches must laugh at this clown.

I would say the lack of scandals as others mentioned is a relief, the highest GPA which I think I read somewhere and the few penalties...all these reflect discipline IMO and discipline will gain you wins in the long run. But losing these last two was hard to watch.

I would say the lack of scandals as others mentioned is a relief, the highest GPA which I think I read somewhere and the few penalties...all these reflect discipline IMO and discipline will gain you wins in the long run. But losing these last two was hard to watch.

What about the situation Croft and McGhee created? Things are still going on. GPA can be credited to Claeys and Kill too.

About the only positives I see going on are the _potential_ recruits that we seem to be in the running for.

Things the PJ, or any coach, can't fix in year 1:
1. Not having a quarterback
2. Injuries to important players
3. Depth at important positions

The Kill regime couldn't/wouldn't recruit a top QB talent, been a problem for years and still is a problem. PJ got a top level QB recruit to come to a game-that NEVER would have happened if TC was still coach.
That's a big improvement.

Excitement about wanting to establish a winning culture has rubes like me spending more money the past 9 months on gopher football than I did the previous 9 years combined. True, gopher basketball being good again is adding to my excitement, but really, how was TC going to capitalize on that? We have a top level basketball squad, a brand new athletes village on board- we are selling excitement for the future. PJ has been doing a great job on this.
That's an improvement.

Other mentions: game management situations looking way better, more discipline on the field and less rapey behavior off field.

I am convinced we have only 2 wins if TC is still coach. I think there is quite a bit of motivation going on here behind the scenes to get what they are even getting.

Unfortunately I did.

You made a goofy a comment about this staff reducing the amount of scandals we have. You know, because there isn't much football-wise anymore.
Someone came back and talked about the month 1 recruiting violation.
You sarcastically said something about Outside the Lines.

I was pointing out that Outside the Lines was here for incident, but it was to cover how badly the U butchered the situation. It also struck a nerve because of the general insanity that has run rampant on college campuses. I realize the nuance of the piece is lost on you.
Guy who accuses everyone of being fascist thinks other guy can't see nuance.

Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting. And it’s not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things the PJ, or any coach, can't fix in year 1:
1. Not having a quarterback
2. Injuries to important players
3. Depth at important positions

The Kill regime couldn't/wouldn't recruit a top QB talent, been a problem for years and still is a problem. PJ got a top level QB recruit to come to a game-that NEVER would have happened if TC was still coach.
That's a big improvement.

Excitement about wanting to establish a winning culture has rubes like me spending more money the past 9 months on gopher football than I did the previous 9 years combined. True, gopher basketball being good again is adding to my excitement, but really, how was TC going to capitalize on that? We have a top level basketball squad, a brand new athletes village on board- we are selling excitement for the future. PJ has been doing a great job on this.
That's an improvement.

Other mentions: game management situations looking way better, more discipline on the field and less rapey behavior off field.

I am convinced we have only 2 wins if TC is still coach. I think there is quite a bit of motivation going on here behind the scenes to get what they are even getting.

A few comments on your analysis
1. We have 6 on the roster, so there are qb's, and we've really only seen what 1 can do
2. Didn't PJF say he was going to fix injuries?
Establishing a winning culture? Didn't we have that established already? Now we're being told it's going to take years before that can happen?
I'm convinced we'd be 5 and zero already with Claeys coaching. He's not so it doesn't matter, because neither statement can be proven true or false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting. And it’s not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recruiting potential you mean? Until he actually signs and enrolls significantly better classes this is just conjecture.

Head coach's 40 time. ..did someone mention that already? I didn't read this whole thing.

Top Bottom