What area of the program has improved this year?

Weren't we one of (if not the best) team in kick coverage last year? That doesn't happen on accident, his punts sail like I have never seen in the college level, and it was his _first_ year punting for us.
But when you're right, you're right, he did have a few bad punts last year that kicked his average in the nutsack.

He had an especially bad one today as well.

Santoso had the second most punts in the B1G last year yet was 7th in avg yards per punt. Mortell was 1st in average yards per punt his junior year, and 3rd his senior year. You must have missed how much further his punts sailed.

Nobody with any insight said we’d be better this year. We’re not supposed to be. Keep your eye on the prize folks. In college football patience is required more than ever before.

This team is atrocious right now.

No confidence, No heart, but rowing the boat...., HYPPR and whatever other meaningless acronym PJ uses.... Hopefully it works

Our team has the best MAC recruits in the nation.

Better culture, atmosphere around the program. Recruiting and national exposure are way up. Less scandals

As many gimmicks and cliches as Brewster so all the casual fans can wrongly compare hin to Brewster.

Better culture, atmosphere around the program. Recruiting and national exposure are way up. Less scandals
You do realize that we just lost 2 Big !0 games in a row that we should have won, right? National exposure may be up, but if it is, you have to win the games if you want to improve your program.

The atmosphere around this program will be a majority of Husker and Badger fans saying Go Big Red during the last two home games.....can't wait...But you are right the PJ Fleck show on ESPN U earlier this year got us great national exposure:rolleyes:

You do realize that we just lost 2 Big !0 games in a row that we should have won, right? National exposure may be up, but if it is, you have to win the games if you want to improve your program.

Kind of like how they lost two winnable games to start the B1G season last year?

Ha! Losing to Iowa and Penn State last year isn't nearly as bad as losing to Maryland and Purdue in a national perspective. Recruits just have to think the gophers are trash right now. I hope I'm wrong. You got all the answers, better get on your knees!

The way the defense puts a fist in the air. It's really empowering, intimidating and awe inspiring. It makes our defense really stout and unique. If you want to be elite, you have to be different. I think that's where we've seen the most improvement.....with the fist.

The way the defense puts a fist in the air. It's really empowering, intimidating and awe inspiring. It makes our defense really stout and unique. If you want to be elite, you have to be different. I think that's where we've seen the most improvement.....with the fist.

+1

Oars! We were last in the nation last year and halfway through the season we lead the P5 in most of the meaningful oar statistics.

Higher % of players sitting in the front row in classes wearing collared shirts.

Seriously stop sprinting our ****ing linemen between quarters.
They only have so much ATP and you wind them before every ****ing quarter.

You’re a moron. Every one of your posts is pure stupidity.

Just looked back at Coyle's quotes after the hire, this one is telling:

"Nine wins is a good season, and the Holiday Bowl was good." Coyle said. "But we needed to shake the tree. We needed to do something different."

Mission accomplished I guess.

The B1G competition on the schedule is much improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the fist post, that is better. It is also super neat how we sprint between quarters. Finally how we hand the ball to the refs and to PJ after turnovers is super inspiring and what the kids like. These things may seem minor, but they are a big part of our culture - which doesn't focus on wins/losses, but rather on the HOW. Our HOW is much better this year.

Possibly. Not guaranteed yet.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Maybe you missed our class ranking in June?

Well to this point the program hasn't had an embarrassing national scandal yet

At this point it's difficult to find anything about this team that is visibly better this year than recent past years -- at least regarding elements that lead directly to wins on the playing field. There are Gopher Holers that say you cannot compare one year to another year. Different players. Different opponents. Etc. As with all years in the B1G, some teams seem to have improved. Others have regressed. It seems that those which have regressed are still better than us. Almost all those that have gotten better, including our last two opponents, are now better than us. Does that make us the worst team in the B1G? Perhaps... Other than a squad out East that begins with an R. For several years when we played a B1G power (Michigan, tOSU, Wisky, PS) I didn't generally expect us to win. But always felt we'd give them a fight. This year I believe we'd witness a curb stomping.

I liked the fist post, that is better. It is also super neat how we sprint between quarters. Finally how we hand the ball to the refs and to PJ after turnovers is super inspiring and what the kids like. These things may seem minor, but they are a big part of our culture - which doesn't focus on wins/losses, but rather on the HOW. Our HOW is much better this year.

I love how it's all about the How and not Wins and Losses, it certainly lines up with how excited Fleck gets when we score a TD.

Had to self report a recruiting violation in his first month. So yeah...

For sure, that was an embarrassing national scandal definitely. Had outside the lines stories about the violations and mismanagement by the university.

For sure, that was an embarrassing national scandal definitely. Had outside the lines stories about the violations and mismanagement by the university.

You think that's what brought the attention for the Outside the Lines piece? Unfortunately, those kinds of things happen on college campuses every year. Last year's was famous because of how it was handled by the University. Those guys are still there.

Top Bottom