Zero Year

Doc Gopher

Reaction score
If this is zero year could the U give me a discount on my season tickets.

LOL, good question. Tweet this at Gopher Football, Mark Coyle, and PJ. You'll be blocked, but I'll laugh.

Man, today was puke-worthy. It's gonna be a LOOONG season, boys. And next year will undoubtedly be worse. Strap in.

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? If coach is throwing it away and results don’t matter, as he says, why should we pay for it?

Why? If coach is throwing it away and results don’t matter, as he says, why should we pay for it?

Where you forced to pay?

Where you forced to pay?

No, but didn’t know anything about this “year zero” crap then though. Glad we have a couple teams who have fans who will buy my tickets though this last part of year.

Really "true" college football fans. Unreal. What a pathetic fan base. 5 games in and you're ready to hang him in effigy.

How long does a coach need to learn big time D1 football schemes?

Fleck is simply referring to the number of Big Ten wins we will experience this year.

I wonder if the U can work out an endorsement deal with Coke Zero. "Year Zero" of Gopher Football - brought to you by Coke Zero." has a nice ring to it.

No, but didn’t know anything about this “year zero” crap then though. Glad we have a couple teams who have fans who will buy my tickets though this last part of year.

I would buy them too. Let me know.

Did Fleck mention that this is Purdue's Zero year too?

It's not the results that are doing PJ in. It's the words. If he embraced a 9 win team. If he praised the guys he took over we'd all be making excuses for PJ why we lost two close games. Instead he's got year zero, last year means nothing to me etc etc and his team is going ...wait a minute, my first 3 or 4 years here didn't exist? I thought we accomplished quite a bit and I was looking to take another step this year. But instead PJ is giving us all the reasons why he can't win with this group. We are inexperienced, we have inferior athletes, wait until the future. The results: you get what you emphasize.
PJ is selling why he can't coach this group. He says way too often, it's not his fault. (Yes, he lost two games and he's now baling water furiously to say it is but nobody believes he means it now) Had he not been so paranoid and given us all the excuses before or after we lost, people would have made excuses for him. But instead he led with all the reasons we are gonna lose this year. And some people don't believe him, that it had to be this way, including the players. So the blowback is hitting him rather than supporting him. Mostly, my guess is he's now got apathy among fans and how could some of his players not be saying wtf?

It's not the results that are doing PJ in. It's the words. If he embraced a 9 win team. If he praised the guys he took over we'd all be making excuses for PJ why we lost two close games. Instead he's got year zero, last year means nothing to me etc etc and his team is going ...wait a minute, my first 3 or 4 years here didn't exist? I thought we accomplished quite a bit and I was looking to take another step this year. But instead PJ is giving us all the reasons why he can't win with this group. We are inexperienced, we have inferior athletes, wait until the future. The results: you get what you emphasize.
PJ is selling why he can't coach this group. He says way too often, it's not his fault. (Yes, he lost two games and he's now baling water furiously to say it is but nobody believes he means it now) Had he not been so paranoid and given us all the excuses before or after we lost, people would have made excuses for him. But instead he led with all the reasons we are gonna lose this year. And some people don't believe him, that it had to be this way, including the players. So the blowback is hitting him rather than supporting him. Mostly, my guess is he's now got apathy among fans and how could some of his players not be saying wtf?

Exactly.

Don't forget he also said "They didn't choose me, I chose them"
I'm still of the belief that this is a talented team and should be able to put a string of wins together.
They are at a critical juncture in the season. If PJ continues with the year zero, don't care about wins, more interested in the culture talk, I'm guessing he is going to start losing some of the upperclassmen soon, if things don't improve on the field

Fleck is simply referring to the number of Big Ten wins we will experience this year.

Cymbal crash, ba dump dump. Your number may not be far off. This squad doesn't look ready to win a big 10 game, Purdue and Maryland were gonna both be the most winnable conference games.

The thing that is lost in all this Year Zero talk is that with the past two bad performances, the team is really missing out on the chance to generate excitement. There was more hype around this team than there has been in quite some time before the season, but that hadn't carried over to attendance. The diehards are always going to go to games, but that number is on the decline. The new coach was supposed to generate excitement, which he did after weeks 2 and 3. But now, apathy with the fringe fans is setting back in. You can point to all the excuses you want for losing the past two games, but the fact of the matter is that they were very winnable. So Saturday, you could have very well seen a packed TCF with a battle of two ranked teams. Now, they'll announce 44,000, but there won't be nearly that many there. Just another missed opportunity in this program's history.

Zero means zero wins in the Big Ten.

Fleck is safe for now. The University will have to give him an extension before they fire him.

Can someone help him manage the game in the meantime?

Cymbal crash, ba dump dump. Your number may not be far off. This squad doesn't look ready to win a big 10 game, Purdue and Maryland were gonna both be the most winnable conference games.

In August it looked that way. I think you could make a case that based on how they looked pre-B1G that the easiest games on the schedule this year are Illinois and Nebraska. Not a guarantee to win, but winnable definitely. Also Iowa and Northwestern are looking much softer than predicted. We have 4 winnable B1G games on the schedule still, not time to fire sale your tickets quite yet and maybe we upset a team better than us for once.

Really "true" college football fans. Unreal. What a pathetic fan base. 5 games in and you're ready to hang him in effigy.

Just a bit of an exaggeration on your part.

Top Bottom