Fleck on Gophers disastrous last 2 minute: it all falls on me...its my responsibility

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Haven't heard the press conference yet. Was it surrounded by, "and our depth sucks, and we don't have the players to be competitive" again?

Didn't really have a problem with how the last 2-3 minutes went. Purdue made plays, we attempted to march down the field and failed...it happens. My issue is more the fact we decided to settle for a FG on a 3rd and 4 the previous drive. Playing not to lose is going to come back to bite you more often than not. That's what calling a run play there is. If you can't count on your quarterback to get you 4 yards when the other team's sitting on 3 timeouts anyway then what are we doing?

Didn't really have a problem with how the last 2-3 minutes went. Purdue made plays, we attempted to march down the field and failed...it happens. My issue is more the fact we decided to settle for a FG on a 3rd and 4 the previous drive. Playing not to lose is going to come back to bite you more often than not. That's what calling a run play there is. If you can't count on your quarterback to get you 4 yards when the other team's sitting on 3 timeouts anyway then what are we doing?

I mean we need to be able to trust our defense to make plays there though.

I will say this to Fleck's credit, he didn't throw toward the end of that drive, which Claeys would have done, and got us burned doing several times last year.

I will say this to Fleck's credit, he didn't throw toward the end of that drive, which Claeys would have done, and got us burned doing several times last year.

SEVERAL TIMES?!! What games exactly? We won 9, remember?

We just need to get healthy. Winfield plays last week and today we are 5-0.

Not sure I buy that, but I do agree that having _both_ of our safeties back would be a good step forward.
Fleck needs to stop ****ing around and start managing his players.
He shouldn't need to suspend half the ****ing team, that's a coaching problem.

Uh yeah sure, we lost to Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska last year because of late interceptions?
And arguably Wisconsin, actually.

I'll give you PSU, that was a red zone pick with the score tied. Iowa and Neb., they were down by 7 trying to tie the score. Different situations. You're not trying to protect a lead or field position.

I'll give you PSU, that was a red zone pick with the score tied. Iowa and Neb., they were down by 7 trying to tie the score. Different situations. You're not trying to protect a lead or field position.

But we were ****ing gashing both of them in the run game :/
I know that you need to throw, but throwing over the middle? Multiple times?
They were bad play calls, maybe we needed to do something, but we didn't need to do what we did.

The shocking thing is the bad play out there... is bad regardless of opponent. It wasn't happening the first three games... then out of nowhere just dork ups and bad play.

The shocking thing is the bad play out there... is bad regardless of opponent. It wasn't happening the first three games... then out of nowhere just dork ups and bad play.

Erm what?
We looked pretty damn awful against Buffalo.

Purdue had better players on the field. We’re about where i thought we’d be. Was hoping for 5 wins. Injuries /suspensions hurt us in this one. Hopefully, we can get a win vs. IL.

Not sure I buy that, but I do agree that having _both_ of our safeties back would be a good step forward.

I'd prefer Fleck try to coach instead of being a babysitter. They're adults, they need to be making their own decisions.

I'd prefer Fleck try to coach instead of being a babysitter. They're adults, they need to be making their own decisions.

You and I are never really on the same page from a communication standpoint, but I actually kinda agree with you.
I'm just saying that if half of our team is going to be suspended every week then Fleck is doing something wrong.
He's either being overbearing or not babysitting them enough.

If it's weed and that's why our guys are getting suspended then it's on Fleck to make sure the 20 year old kid isn't lighting up on weekends.
It's Fleck's job to get our kids on the damn field.

With the injuries in the secondary I'd have a tough time trusting the defense. Especially with Purdue only needing a FG at the time. It is what it is I guess. If you have a team on the ropes like we had them I'd say you try to kill the game off. I can see it from your perspective too tho and it makes sense

Trust our defense to make plays? They moved the ball at will against us all game, as did Maryland. We can not rely on this defense any longer. Purdue went through us like we were a junior college.

You and I are never really on the same page from a communication standpoint, but I actually kinda agree with you.
I'm just saying that if half of our team is going to be suspended every week then Fleck is doing something wrong.

If it's weed and that's why our guys are getting suspended then it's on Fleck to make sure the 20 year old kid isn't lighting up on weekends.

Has there really been that many players suspended? Unless I missed something, there's only been a few.

I think most of the guys who've been suspended were veteran guys. Maybe they were doing things they previously could get away with but can't now. We don't know, that's the point.

Has there really been that many players suspended? Unless I missed something, there's only been a few.

I think most of the guys who've been suspended were veteran guys. Maybe they were doing things they previously could get away with but can't now. We don't know, that's the point.

It might not have been that many players, but a lot of them have been noticeable. Duke being out when we lost Winfield hurt, a lot. It also hurt a lot today.
Not being able to run Rhoda because we don't have a viable backup is hurting our offense as well.
(Not arguing with you, just saying that it has hurt us)

I agree that there is at least a 50% chance this is the case. Our backup defensive backs are bad tacklers and take bad angles.

Then you don't understand what he's trying to coach.

And the underscores you continue to use do not display emphasis, they just look stupid.

I think that when coaching and teaching young people, you set the expectations early and eventually they will be met.

It is Flecks job to make sure they aren't lighting up on weekends.
He is making sure long term this job is fulfilled by ensuring that expectation is being set right now.

Top Bottom