4 yard average for Connor, is it him or the offense?

You're not very smart are you? You can't decipher the difference between the offense scoring and the defense scoring.
Are you telling me their QB was playing linebacker? Because the stats show him have 4 td's. That's 28 points. Unless you are telling me they missed all their PAT?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Are you telling me their QB was playing linebacker? Because the stats show him have 4 td's. That's 28 points. Unless you are telling me they missed all their PAT?

Their offense did have 4 TD's last year. Did their QBs or anyone on offense today have 4 TDs today? Looks like 3 to me. Is 4 more or less than 3?

Their offense did have 4 TD's last year. Did their QBs or anyone on offense today have 4 TDs today? Looks like 3 to me. Is 4 more or less than 3?
Were arguing two different things, I read your post wrong.

Your post about him having 3 td's last year confused me because he had 4tds.

Our offense has pretty much been bottom 3rd for the past 11 years. That is a lack of recruiting. This staff can't turn around overnight what's been bad for a long time.

Pass blocking is the only good thing on offense, but receivers can't get open.

Seemed Still was open several times but he's not always on the field, and Connor seems to be locked on TJ. Can't say I've seen him go through more than an over/under progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate what Connor has tried to do for the U, and for the team. But he appears to be regressing from his performances earlier this year, and showed no comfort in the pocket today, often without being under duress. Thus, in the interest of the team's future, since the chance at a bowl appearance this year would appear to be less than unlikely, I beg of PJ to start getting someone some meaningful snaps and experience going into next year. It's not fair to Connor to ask him to run an offense for which he lacks the tools. So unless KC can modify the offense to fit the skills of CR then Connor should move to backup and let Demry and Seth take the reins.

I am skeptical that Croft represents a significant upgrade over Rhoda at this point. I know Croft is more of a runner than Rhoda, but he's not fast and he's not going to run anyone over. This offense still severely lacks speed...seeing Shannon Brooks getting caught from behind and seeing Eric Carter being unable to run down a 260lb linebacker on the game ending interception should be alarming to everyone.

That said, Purdue certainly has similar issues and Brohm's creativity has allowed them to be more successful on offense. In many ways, I find the Fleck/Ciarrocca philosophy to be painfully similar to what we've seen for much of the previous 6 years. Essentially it's lets try to minimize risk, take as much time as possible, and hope that we can shorten the game and the other team will make more mistakes than we do. My hope is that they've adapted that strategy because they believe it's the only way they can win this year given what they perceive to be the talent on this team. However, even if you give them that benefit of the doubt I would think that philosophy would run counter to "year zero" or building for the future if you prefer. How does it help your team for the future if you get ultra conservative now, but will ask them to execute something more difficult/trickier/riskier when the stakes are higher? I would think the actual game reps of something more dynamic would be more important in "year zero" than risk avoidance.

On the plus side, I have enjoyed the progression of Tyler Johnson and Nate Wozniak this year and the more varied down the field routes we run in the rare instances where we do pass the football.

With regard to Rhoda, he's basically got the passing skills of Mitch without the ability to run...oh, boy! In addition, he adds nothing to the future of the Gophers. At least with Croft or a freshman we are possibly developing someone who may play in the future.

As to the running game, the stupid hurry to the line, get in position, stand up and look at the sideline, get back into position and then pretend to option but actually run through the tackles may be the least imaginative and is absolutely the least effective offense a Gopher team has had in memory.

We have what we have, it's up to the HC and OC to make something, anything out of what they have. So far they have demonstrated that they cannot do so against B1G level opponents.

With regard to Rhoda, he's basically got the passing skills of Mitch without the ability to run...oh, boy! In addition, he adds nothing to the future of the Gophers. At least with Croft or a freshman we are possibly developing someone who may play in the future.

As to the running game, the stupid hurry to the line, get in position, stand up and look at the sideline, get back into position and then pretend to option but actually run through the tackles may be the least imaginative and is absolutely the least effective offense a Gopher team has had in memory.

We have what we have, it's up to the HC and OC to make something, anything out of what they have. So far they have demonstrated that they cannot do so against B1G level opponents.

That's about it.

I appreciate what Connor has tried to do for the U, and for the team. But he appears to be regressing from his performances earlier this year, and showed no comfort in the pocket today, often without being under duress. Thus, in the interest of the team's future, since the chance at a bowl appearance this year would appear to be less than unlikely, I beg of PJ to start getting someone some meaningful snaps and experience going into next year. It's not fair to Connor to ask him to run an offense for which he lacks the tools. So unless KC can modify the offense to fit the skills of CR then Connor should move to backup and let Demry and Seth take the reins.

This is the same post we see every year. Just substitute in the current starting QBs name and current backups.

This. Time to go with the youth movement at certain positions to get some experience.

Top Bottom