[POST GAME THREAD] - Purdue defeats Minnesota 31-17

Because our backups consist of Durr who got burned for 40 yards yesterday and walk ons. He's the best they have.
Last week against Maryland.....they threw at him on nearly EVERY 3rd down. He couldn't stop a turtle (wink). Yesterday....with the game on the line....he got completely owned on the Purdue go ahead touchdown. I could have done better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So in your opinion he is pulling out all the stops in order to win each game? What is your theory on why he says he doesn't care about wins/losses this year and is only interested in the how/installing culture/etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. You always make sense. Here again. The key is, as you have pointed out, PJ isn't playing to win. He has said as much, but it is still painful to see. The problem is I don't see him playing for the future either.

It appears to me he's trying to install his culture, system, way of doing things, etc. I'm guessing because none of us really know but they suspensions of key veteran players are examples of that. No matter how good or important you are, if you don't do things the right way (his way) then you aren't going to play. It might hurt the team which may result in less wins.

I don't think it means he doesn't want to win now. It just means he isn't going to sacrifice doing things the right way for wins.

It appears to me he's trying to install his culture, system, way of doing things, etc. I'm guessing because none of us really know but they suspensions of key veteran players are examples of that. No matter how good or important you are, if you don't do things the right way (his way) then you aren't going to play. It might hurt the team which may result in less wins.

I don't think it means he doesn't want to win now. It just means he isn't going to sacrifice doing things the right way for wins.

This would make more sense if failure on the football field were looked at similarly.

I don't think he is trying to lose. I have said he isn't playing to win. He has said himself he isn't looking at wins/losses. I don't like how he is going about it. I don't think PJ or others care whether I like it or not. I'm OK with that too.

Multiple national media outlets reported it. I guess they're all just bobos.
Well unless they were a Fox News outlet, our President would consider this to be "fake news" and thus lies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Without Winfield and McGhee, the Gophers defense was crippled against Purdue, was against Maryland too. With those 2 in, the short passing game doesn't happen much and it allows them to blitz the quarterback. With the pressure, the QB can't scan the field and makes mistakes. The first TD was a complete breakdown in communication in the secondary. Looked like Kiondre Thomas blitzed late, maybe on his own? Nobody behind him to cover the TE. The guy was 1 of 2 WIDE OPEN on the play for the easy score. All due respect to Antonio Shenault, but it's a problem when he's the second best defensive back on the field. He's still extremely vulnerable to giving up big plays.

I get that Fleck wants to stick with the senior QB, but at some point you're at a crossroads. Rhoda has 3 killer turnovers in the red zone, and his fumble negated a drive where at worst you end it up 17-6. Get a TD and it's 21-6, and Purdue's morale is down. And for the love of God, stop staring at one receiver every play. He may be a senior and a good leader, but it's only his 6th or 7th full game. He might be the most inexperienced senior QB in the nation.

I hope I'm wrong, but I only see the Gophers winning one more game the rest of the year: Homecoming against Illinois. The most frustrating part about it is they're not far from being 5-0, yet they could easily finish with just 4 wins.

The over-reacting is unbelievable. If we have Winfield and Duke the past 2 weeks we are 5-0.

Is anyone really that shocked that we don't have a serviceable quarterback?

Is anyone really that shocked that our o-line is subpar with 3 Jucos and 2 freshman?

Is anyone that surprised that our receiving game has done little with Still MIA all year, and now Douglass and Howard out?

You really thought our team was so deep that we could overcome that?

Top Bottom