[POST GAME THREAD] - Purdue defeats Minnesota 31-17

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
What'd ya think, Gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No QB. Almost no receivers. No healthy D backs. Weak O-Line. It's going to be a long season.

I saw a JV team out there not a big ten team.

Wasn't able to catch much of the game but based on what I've heard/seen I'm disappointed. Purdue with four turnovers and a missed FG, yet we still can't find a way to win.

On to the next one, this team still can and should make a bowl game.

One of the least entertaining games I've seen in awhile. Bad loss to bad opponent in a bad stadium in a bad city with bad announcers on a bad broadcast that was delayed by bad weather. Bad Bad Bad.

I think the boat �� has sprung a leak!

It's not about wins or losses, it's about culture. It's the HOW. Today, the HOW is... HOW did we lose 4 - 2 turn over ratio (one late that didn't matter).

Oh yeah, that's right, it's year Zero.

Oh yeah, for Purdue too. It's like Purdue giving us half a mile head start and they still finished ahead of us.

No QB. Almost no receivers. No healthy D backs. Weak O-Line. It's going to be a long season.

This. So much this.

I've got a ton to say about this piss poor performance, but I'm too sick to my stomach to muster much. Just want to read other's thoughts and hopefully get some personal therapy through it. I will say our staff took a thorough whipping at the hands of another first year coach who inherited a program that has been to 1 bowl game in 10 years.

Wasn't able to catch much of the game but based on what I've heard/seen I'm disappointed. Purdue with four turnovers and a missed FG, yet we still can't find a way to win.

On to the next one, this team still can and should make a bowl game.

Hilarious....Other than Illinois who are they gonna beat??....a team just gave them 4 turnovers a missed XP and FG and they still lost

The teams stinks. They've been exposed. No one should be surprised. After all, this is Gopher football.

The key will be if Fleck can convince his guys to keep trying. Right now, the guys he has can't beat anybody worthwhile. And even teams like Purdue that aren't worthwhile.

So, it's all about managing personalities. Time to babysit until he can get his recruits in because honestly, this team lacks skill almost everywhere. It is what it is and I don't think Fleck was ever working under any assumptions that they could really compete.

Now, it's all about trying to make the kids feel good about themselves, because honestly once they hit the field, there isn't any real substance.

I think the boat �� has sprung a leak!

Has a couple of them actually. As indicated earlier by others we have a weak depth, line not as good as we like, and the Quarterback can't run as we would like. Really believe if we had a quarterback that could run it would open things up a bit for us.

2nd coming of Tim Brewster - with the exception that Brewster expected recruiting to be the magic cure and now we are just buying into fairy dust as we have yet another coach that does not actually know X's & O's. Frankly, I am sick of the excuses and I am sick of the constant resets in the programs. 60 years of rebuilding is too long and the excuses are old tired and worn out at this point. What makes me the most disappointed is that I know the tail sniffers on this board and close to the program will likely give him 5+ years to prove he can't win before forcing him out and hitting the reset button yet again. I hate to say it, but I am almost hoping the Gopher team will kneel for the anthem so I can just stop caring.

He doesn't have a QB. Somehow we ran for 200 yards with 3 variations of run action. Purdue just straight daring us to throw, and we didnt.

At least we're changing the culture...
That's the really important thing, cuz things were detrimental under the Kill Era..

2nd coming of Tim Brewster - with the exception that Brewster expected recruiting to be the magic cure and now we are just buying into fairy dust as we have yet another coach that does not actually know X's & O's. Frankly, I am sick of the excuses and I am sick of the constant resets in the programs. 60 years of rebuilding is too long and the excuses are old tired and worn out at this point. What makes me the most disappointed is that I know the tail sniffers on this board and close to the program will likely give him 5+ years to prove he can't win before forcing him out and hitting the reset button yet again. I hate to say it, but I am almost hoping the Gopher team will kneel for the anthem so I can just stop caring.

I hear they all kneel in the locker room.

What's your suggestion at this juncture?

I'm at the Big House watching Michigan State in person. They're fast to the ball. We will not beat them next week either.

The constant Brewster comparisons is so lazy. They're not even close to the same.

Also, if you're sick of rebuilding, wouldn't you want to at least give a coach a fair chance?

It's not about wins or losses, it's about culture. It's the HOW. Today, the HOW is... HOW did we lose 4 - 2 turn over ratio (one late that didn't matter).

Oh yeah, for Purdue too. It's like Purdue giving us half a mile head start and they still finished ahead of us.

That late turnover definitely mattered.

You can tell Fleck is content with sucking this year when he put in Durr and Schuelter instead of Estes and Andries.

It's about HYPPR; F.A.M.I.L.Y; Embrace your past to Create your future. It's about changing your best. It's about everyone rowing in the same direction.

I felt like I was watching a Jerry Kill coached team. Playing not to lose. They were happy just to get the last field goal when they should have been playing to get a touchdown. Throw the damn ball down the field.

Should just play Morgan at QB. This season is over.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Enjoy your empty stadium Coyle

I saw a JV team out there not a big ten team.

No Big 10 Qb means no big 10 wins. Music man can spew his culture deal all he wants, winning matters Purdue was terrible.Smith and Brooks should declare for draft after this season. This team with Rhoda at Qb cannot win Big 10 games. Now the Gophers are bottom feeders again.

You can tell Fleck is content with sucking this year when he put in Durr and Schuelter instead of Estes and Andries.
He didn't put in the freshman for the same reason everyone was pissed about croft getting his shirt burned 2yrs ago. Don't make a hasty decision late in the game. I expect both will play next week. As will green time to row forward rather than treading water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The teams stinks. They've been exposed. No one should be surprised. After all, this is Gopher football.

The key will be if Fleck can convince his guys to keep trying. Right now, the guys he has can't beat anybody worthwhile. And even teams like Purdue that aren't worthwhile.

So, it's all about managing personalities. Time to babysit until he can get his recruits in because honestly, this team lacks skill almost everywhere. It is what it is and I don't think Fleck was ever working under any assumptions that they could really compete.

Now, it's all about trying to make the kids feel good about themselves, because honestly once they hit the field, there isn't any real substance.

Massive over-reaction. This team isn't going to be in the B1G championship. But they have as much or more talent than Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland, NW, etc. There are still plenty of winnable games if they get healthy and play one of the QBs who have a chance.

Top Bottom