***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Something has got to give next weekend . Rhoda is not as bad as 1 dimensional... but he is no better than 1.2 dimensional if you know what I mean.

Craft or Green would be able to keep the opposing D a bit more honest.

I assume this is directed at Ruppert

Yep...I would've liked to seen Mason in TCF. Didn't happen. Today a Mason team would've won
because they knew how to run the ball. Different scheme totally. The reality of it is, if you want 8-9 wins this year, it is not going to happen. I said we would be 7-0 going into Iowa City. I was wrong and I could see that when we started losing players via suspension and injury. I think we split our next two games. After that it is a crappy shoot. Guys, we just don't have the players.

Yep...I would've liked to seen Mason in TCF. Didn't happen. Today a Mason team would've won
because they knew how to run the ball. Different scheme totally. The reality of it is, if you want 8-9 wins this year, it is not going to happen. I said we would be 7-0 going into Iowa City. I was wrong and I could see that when we started losing players via suspension and injury. I think we split our next two games. After that it is a crappy shoot. Guys, we just don't have the players.

I would say - we don't have the players to run Fleck's system. I am NOT saying the Gophers would have been a titan under Claeys. BUT, I think Claeys would have run a system that better fits this current group of players. And I think Sawvell would have found ways to keep the defense respectable.

Bottom line - maybe in the long run Fleck will do better once he has recruited players to fit his system. Maybe Fleck has a higher ceiling as a coach than Claeys did (or does). I just get a sense that this season is turning into a "throw-away" season for Fleck. Maybe not by design - there is a combination of circumstances at play here - but Fleck and staff need to turn this around in a hurry, or the rest of this season could get really ugly.

You’re right it was Carter. I get my 6’s and 9’s mixed up after a few cocktails. It’s still sad Carter is not fast enough to catch a 260lb linebacker.

I would agree with that too- I wish I had drank enough cocktails to mute the pain of watching that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe under Claeys the roster as currently constructed does better.

The 9 wins last year gave the appearance the program is that close. The AD decide It can do better.

Fleck needs time. I get the whole year 0 is dumb but that is how the staff is approaching it. This is a whole knew scheme on both sides of the ball.

No one wants another 3 year wait but that is where we are at. The head coach has said himself younger before we get better. I’ll take at his word for it.

I would say - we don't have the players to run Fleck's system. I am NOT saying the Gophers would have been a titan under Claeys. BUT, I think Claeys would have run a system that better fits this current group of players. And I think Sawvell would have found ways to keep the defense respectable.

Bottom line - maybe in the long run Fleck will do better once he has recruited players to fit his system. Maybe Fleck has a higher ceiling as a coach than Claeys did (or does). I just get a sense that this season is turning into a "throw-away" season for Fleck. Maybe not by design - there is a combination of circumstances at play here - but Fleck and staff need to turn this around in a hurry, or the rest of this season could get really ugly.

Yeah, this is the realization I'm coming to this evening. Claeys and staff would've won these two games -- I have no doubt about that. MN would be 5-0 and we'd be dancing in the streets. They'd be pretty hollow wins of course, and the program would actually be treading water behind the scenes. We'd likely eek out a couple more wins, then go into a very expected tailspin to end the season like 7-5.

Winning is better than losing. No doubt about that. I about puked watching this performance today. I said it in the Postgame thread, but both these things CAN be true (and I believe they are):

1) Team has an obvious lack of talent
2) PJ and staff have been outcoached badly in multiple games

This can also be true at the same time, although it remains to be seen:

3) Program can be trending upwards despite losses on the field

SON.....I would ask that you watch the games tonight and take a real hard look ( players) at their quickness and speed. You did see that LB out run Carter.?

I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is so funny how so many choose to believe Fleck’s BS. We don’t have talent... He was on radio last week not sure how we could compete with Purdue and all their talent, how well coached. They are “Year Zero” too, but it’s different I guess. Wow.

It is so funny how so many choose to believe Fleck’s BS. We don’t have talent... He was on radio last week not sure how we could compete with Purdue and all their talent, how well coached. They are “Year Zero” too, but it’s different I guess. Wow.

And if we don't believe him like you, how does that change anything?

Did you expect PJ to note that Purdue sucks and their players suck?

Top Bottom