***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

What really kills me is that Purdue is running double-reverse flea flickers in Brohms first year and we're over here struggling with the read option.

I do thing the play calling has stepped up in a big way this week though, so thank you for that coaching staff :)

What would I do differently? I would put the limited skill sets of these guys to use. I would make sure they are in the best possible situations. As limited as Rhoda is, run run 3rd and long is not the best situation for him. Find a way to get the ball into the hands of Brooks and Smith other than RUTM. More plays that spread the defense, like screens, sweeps, receiver screens. When you have the ball at the 2, try harder than a bomb,rutm,rutm because if those don't work, you're punting into the wind so basically giving them the ball at the 40. No excuses in this game because Brohm had even less to work with than Fleck. And Brohm's team even gave us a 4-1 turnover advantage.

I don't accept the zero year excuse because Brohm is exactly in the same year with a worse off team.

yeah they are kicking the crap out of us....2 point lead at home with 10 minutes left in the game.

Purdue returned two experienced QBs that were decently rated recruits. The most important position on an offense. Plus Purdue was already running a pass heavy offense.

Lucky we can keep it close to this Purdue juggernaut then. Got it. Illinois has a QB too and they don't even have a new coach. White flag!!

Have we gotten an answer as to why Santoso was not in on the first punt and is now handling kickoff duties?
It's making a huge negative impact on our special teams.
I don't understand why we're ****ing around with the kicking game. That is literally the strength of this team. Why mess with it?

I wouldn't mind seeing Green. I don't think Fleck wants to burn the redshirt on the Frosh.

I agree I'd rather save it but if he has no confidence in Green and Croft is still in the doghouse, and we have Armstrong coming in next year and possibly a 4 star in 2019 he's probably going to end up a transfer anyway. At this point of the season he's been around enough to run the offense.

Brohm revoked a struggling Blough. Let's see what Croft can do if not this week then next...or play Morgan before the wheels really come off. I am really uncomfortable with Rhoda as our only option if Fleck is philosophically opposed to playing Croft.

[/B]

yeah they are kicking the crap out of us....2 point lead at home with 10 minutes left in the game.

They're doing that -3 in turnovers. Fleck's excuse against Maryland was they lost the turnover battle. Wonder what he's going to say if they can't come back here.

so what's going to happen with TV for this game with VT and BC now starting?

I haven't watched Seth Green in practice at all, so I'm asking. Is he not ready to play? I keep reading how bad his throwing motion is, but can he get the ball where its supposed to be?

They're doing that -3 in turnovers. Fleck's excuse against Maryland was they lost the turnover battle. Wonder what he's going to say if they can't come back here.

He'll blame our special teams because it's the next most obvious thing that he has no "control" over.
Needs to give his supporters excuse.

[/B]

You're happy with a 4 - 1 turn over advantage and behind by 2? We should be up 10+ the way Purdue was playing.

I don't blame coaching nearly as much this week as last. The 2nd half has been puzzling, but they changed a lot in the last week.

With that said, there is no need to speculate those wondering if PJ is sacrificing this year. He has said as much. He doesn't care about wins this year. He has said it and you can see it. Really disappointing, but I guess he feels he is making some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys and Johnson (who know our personnel better than anyone) were planning on starting Green. I'm sure there was a reason for that.

Claeys and Johnson (who know our personnel better than anyone) were planning on starting Green. I'm sure there was a reason for that.

Yeah they wanted the QB to run the ball 20 times a game. Sorry I'm not convinced a QB that couldn't win a starting job in high school would be any better than Rhoda.

I agree I'd rather save it but if he has no confidence in Green and Croft is still in the doghouse, and we have Armstrong coming in next year and possibly a 4 star in 2019 he's probably going to end up a transfer anyway. At this point of the season he's been around enough to run the offense.

Brohm revoked a struggling Blough. Let's see what Croft can do if not this week then next...or play Morgan before the wheels really come off. I am really uncomfortable with Rhoda as our only option if Fleck is philosophically opposed to playing Croft.

What is the status of Croft? Is he suited up or is he suspended for off the field stuff?

I don't blame coaching nearly as much this week as last. The 2nd half has been puzzling, but they changed a lot in the last week.

With that said, there is no need to speculate those wondering if PJ is sacrificing this year. He has said as much. He doesn't care about wins this year. He has said it and you can see it. Really disappointing, but I guess he feels he is making some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not trying very hard, that's for sure.

Absent knowing what the "benched" student athletes did I don't know if Coach is "philosophically opposed" to playing anyone on the team unless his schemes just don't rely on the position. Some programs just don't have fullbacks. Hard to be a fullback with a coaching change that doesn't use one.

As best we can tell pretty much all the other players are doing what is being asked. What he is demanding must not be that out of line.

[/B]

Purdue has won 3 Big Ten games in 4 years. Sure, they are bound to get better eventually but we shouldn't be this inept.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is that maybe because we have one receiver and 0 accurate QBs? You can hate their personalities, but they were damn good football minds.

Never argued their football minds one bit. I'm also not convinced it would have worked. Recruiting failures on offense have been blatantly obvious for years. The struggles of the offense are not surprising at all.

Is that maybe because we have one receiver and 0 accurate QBs? You can hate their personalities, but they were damn good football minds.
Except the QB they didn't want is tearing up fcs. Seems he would have been able to play a little, especially better that what is leftover now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah that's great they recognize they have one wr and 0 accurate QBs, but it's their job to bring in wrs and accurate qbs.

Yeah that's great they recognize they have one wr and 0 accurate QBs, but it's their job to bring in wrs and accurate qbs.

Or you know, a good dual threat qb because no pocket passer has done well in Minnesota with the rare exception of when we got lucky with Eric Decker.
If Weber didn't have him then I'm not sure even he would have succeeded.

Top Bottom