***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Rain is almost through but there was a new lightning strike ~4 miles north of the stadium 5 min ago

Maryland has 15 total yards at 5:20 in the 3rd. Ohio St 466. 48-7

What's the record?

Even god himself didnt want to watch this atrocity of a game so he called for this grand storm. Easy on the remotes, you may need them to change the channel. Also can tyler johnson maybe play qb? Isnt green auppose to be a good running qb?

I am very annoyed with row the boat and year zero. Who wants to be a player, especially a senior, in year zero? This team was not going to be as good as it was last year, I get that. But 9-4 with both running backs returning should be better than this. It is almost like PJ wants to lose to prove his culture is going to have setbacks as it replaces the mess he inherited. It wasn't a mess! I haven't given up on Fleck and I won't do that unless the results are still like this two years from now. I just don't understand why we need a total ground up rebuild as I watch my team being beaten by a team that was a dumpster fire in every way for years. Impressive coaching with no excuses for Purdue. My confidence in Fleck has taken its first (and hopefully last) major jolt.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can't get over the 2nd half of that 2nd quarter. 21-6 and it's close to over. So conservative that last possession of the half, in Purdue territory, with a chance to put the hammer down.

We need Winfield and McGhee back. Croft too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love game day threads

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gf6poYhzh3Y?start=30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am very annoyed with row the boat and year zero. Who wants to be a player, especially a senior, in year zero? This team was not going to be as good as it was last year, I get that. But 9-4 with both running backs returning should be better than this. It is almost like PJ wants to lose to prove his culture is going to have setbacks as it replaces the mess he inherited. It wasn't a mess! I haven't given up on Fleck and I won't do that unless the results are still like this two years from now. I just don't understand why we need a total ground up rebuild as I watch my team being beaten by a team that was a dumpster fire in every way for years. Impressive coaching with no excuses for Purdue. My confidence in Fleck has taken its first (and hopefully last) major jolt.

Its becoming more and more apparent that Fleck does not care about success this year....Recruiting and sustaining the culture is number one...Feel bad for the seniors.

I just don't think returning two decent big10 rbs makes much difference in the win loss column. There are more important positions, especially in Flecks' offense. New systems are being put in place, delaying that to cater to old systems just delays that progress.

Its becoming more and more apparent that Fleck does not care about success this year....Recruiting and sustaining the culture is number one...Feel bad for the seniors.

You can cater to the seniors or you can cater to the rest of the team and the future of the team.

I just don't think returning two decent big10 rbs makes much difference in the win loss column. There are more important positions, especially in Flecks' offense. New systems are being put in place, delaying that to cater to old systems just delays that progress.

Well, let's seee the freshman QB, or Croft, or Green. Run some draws, some option, seam passes, dumpoffs. Shake it up.

Change this culture.

You can cater to the seniors or you can cater to the rest of the team and the future of the team.

What is Purdue catering to, because they are kicking azz? Do you have to go 3-9 to get better? Someone tell Purdue before they win more games!

What is Purdue catering to, because they are kicking azz? Do you have to go 3-9 to get better? Someone tell Purdue before they win more games!

They're kicking azz? Because they are up 2 with 10 min to play in the 4th quarter? And we currently have more wins than them?

Serious question, what would you do differently? You have a QB with a super limited skill set and only 1 or maybe 2 capable receivers against a defense that has been pretty solid all season. Bout the only thing we can really hope for at this point is that Smith or Brooks can break off a long run because Rhoda is not going to be able to beat them with his arm. Green must be a trainwreck because if he can't get on the field with Rhoda in front of him I don't like his chances of being the future at QB.

What would I do differently? I would put the limited skill sets of these guys to use. I would make sure they are in the best possible situations. As limited as Rhoda is, run run 3rd and long is not the best situation for him. Find a way to get the ball into the hands of Brooks and Smith other than RUTM. More plays that spread the defense, like screens, sweeps, receiver screens. When you have the ball at the 2, try harder than a bomb,rutm,rutm because if those don't work, you're punting into the wind so basically giving them the ball at the 40. No excuses in this game because Brohm had even less to work with than Fleck. And Brohm's team even gave us a 4-1 turnover advantage.

I don't accept the zero year excuse because Brohm is exactly in the same year with a worse off team.

You have to play your systems if you want to get better at your systems.

I haven’t gone back and read the earlier msgs in this thread, so pardon me if this has been talked about.
Why do we always have to have a chicken sh!t offense that is afraid to let the players play? Purdue has made a lot of mistakes, but they are throwing the book at us! They are trying everything to win. It so looks like we are afraid to let our players play, and are playing not to lose instead of playing to win. So, so, so, so, frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or...you can set expectations to win each game that you play no matter what year it is. [emoji41]

Should we lose to Maryland and Purdue it is a huge black eye to Fleck. It will blunt recruiting, fan involvement, media coverage. His ego may be clouding his decision making and personnel choices.

The schemes last week were atrocious and the players didn't execute. Where is Still, Croft, linebackers other than a struggling 41? Get some juice on the field, mix it up.

What is Purdue returning? It must be a lot more than two RB I guess. Frankly, Mason was blamed for leaving the cupboard bare when Brewster went 1-11. Hindsight says otherwise. Brewster was awful. Again, not saying Gophers will always be awful under Fleck. But, they are right now and it is becoming more clear he doesn't care about this season. I'd prefer a build for the future AND a Purdue-like effort in "year zero."

Well, let's seee the freshman QB, or Croft, or Green. Run some draws, some option, seam passes, dumpoffs. Shake it up.

Change this culture.

I wouldn't mind seeing Green. I don't think Fleck wants to burn the redshirt on the Frosh.

They ran outside at least 3 times before that with pullers in this game.

Sorry, I missed this comment, if that's the case then my bad, either way, glad to see some wrinkles in our run blocking this week.
Looks like it's not going so well in the 2nd half, but hopefully that doesn't scare them off.

I haven’t gone back and read the earlier msgs in this thread, so pardon me if this has been talked about.
Why do we always have to have a chicken sh!t offense that is afraid to let the players play? Purdue has made a lot of mistakes, but they are throwing the book at us! They are trying everything to win. It so looks like we are afraid to let our players play, and are playing not to lose instead of playing to win. So, so, so, so, frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously Fleck has Zero confidence in Rhoda's ability and/or no clue how to fix it.....If we lose every game the rest of the season he is fine just running the ball up the middle.

What is Purdue returning? It must be a lot more than two RB I guess. Frankly, Mason was blamed for leaving the cupboard bare when Brewster went 1-11. Hindsight says otherwise. Brewster was awful. Again, not saying Gophers will always be awful under Fleck. But, they are right now and it is becoming more clear he doesn't care about this season. I'd prefer a build for the future AND a Purdue-like effort in "year zero."

Purdue returned two experienced QBs that were decently rated recruits. The most important position on an offense. Plus Purdue was already running a pass heavy offense.

Top Bottom