Shama: U Football Revenue Tops Last Year

I know you're a football-hating troll but to set the record straight probably our second best WR Brian Smith was dismissed from the team for getting into some sort of a brawl IIRC. I'm sure there was other stuff I can't recall or we don't know about.

http://m.startribune.com/gophers-linebacker-lamonte-edwards-kicked-off-team-after-arrest/213184871/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if we had kept Claeys and he had a four episode show on ESPN, Being Tracy Claeys, if we would have sold out every game this year?

I believe the difference is because of 5 BIG home games this year and having Wisc and Neb, compared to 4 and only Iowa

This was my first thought as well. An increase is an increase, but a little disingenuous at best. My guess is that budgeted numbers have not been met.

Simple math tells me 2 is less than 5. Also, I like to think that 2 team rules violated are much better than police investigations, charged or not.

Wasn't Devers suspended this year also? And Waters?

Kill suspended guys frequently for the first several series or a half for disciplinary reasons. We'd be questioning where was so and so and then he'd show up. I don't know how much that changed (if at all) under Claeys but probably not much.

The 2016 team was incredibly tight. When Sawvel talked to Nadine he alluded to how they played for each other during the WA State game. I was inspired.

Please remember that the police investigations came back with little to no evidence to charge those players. They broke no laws, it was a all a University investigation that in the end was probably done to give reason for firing Claeys.

That's quite the accusation.

Funny how people who cry about "Flecksters" defending everything Fleck does, do the same for Claeys/Kill. Just wondering what do you guys call yourselves?

That's quite the accusation.

Maybe a bit excessive, but in the end isn't that the culture change they kept referring too? Just because I thought Claeys was used and screwed by the U doesnt mean I don't support Fleck and wish him all the wins his heart desires.

Your problem Mr. Boy is that you think it has to be one or the other when it comes to Claeys and Fleck. Many appreciate what Claeys did for Minnesota, I'm sorry you didn't.
I am grateful for the good Fleck will bring to Minnesota as well.

Funny how people who cry about "Flecksters" defending everything Fleck does, do the same for Claeys/Kill. Just wondering what do you guys call yourselves?

Did Claeys suspend players or did he not?

I wonder if we had kept Claeys and he had a four episode show on ESPN, Being Tracy Claeys, if we would have sold out every game this year?

He had been slated to be the co-host of Campus Eats on BTN. Oh well.

Is anyone a stranger to misbehaving football players?

If you coach for just a few years how many people is that? I gotta think some of them suck as people... just due to the math.
Exactly.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Fact checkers?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Rich JB. FtF stats the previous coaches didn't suspend anyone and when people post multiple examples to prove it wrong they are just "defending Claeys". Not exactly comparable to folks going off the deep end when it is suggested that PJ didn't make enough in-game adjustments - but please, carry on.

Casual fans I work with didn't talk much about Gopher football last year with the exception of the scandal. But this year, I have co-workers coming up to me and talking about the games and the team on a daily basis. One of the things those with families point out is how they like how Fleck actually holds his players accountable, referring to those being suspended for not doing the right things. That makes them proud to cheer for the team. This was not the case last year.

That's a cool story, but all it's revealing is that your co-workers don't know what they're talking about.

Top Bottom