Pioneer Press: Stats don’t show it, but Gophers’ “Stove” Richardson has been cooking

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Now on the watch list for the Senior Bowl, the top NFL showcase for collegiate players in January, Richardson is speaking up in meetings and pointing his finger at himself when he doesn’t play well, Stelter said. He will also call out the defensive line collectively when they aren’t practicing hard enough.

Richardson led the Gophers in tackles for lost yards (11) and finishing second in sacks (seven) last season, so this season has been a surprise. Through three non-conference games, he had one assisted tackle.

Richardson called the season-opening 17-7 win over Buffalo a wake-up call.

“That game really humbled me because I was not producing the way I wanted to,” he said. “The second and third game (against Oregon State and Middle Tennessee State), I felt like I was getting (into the backfield) a lot, as well as the other D linemen, but we weren’t finishing.”

In the Big Ten opener last week, a 31-24 loss to Maryland, Richardson had a season-high four tackles, including his first for a loss. He’s still looking for his first sack this season.

“I’m not into stats at all,” Fleck said. “He’s playing his role really well.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/0...ut-gophers-stove-richardson-has-been-cooking/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom