Fleck on Tanner Morgan: “He’s getting a lot better...I don’t want to have to pull RS"

I don't see Morgan playing unless 2 of the 3 QBs ahead of him get hurt and the Gophers still have a chance to do something with their season. Obviously Fleck is high on the kid if he took him with from WMU. Burning his RS at this point would be stupid. Burning a RS has to be a worst case scenario.

For the umpteenth time: Green will never be a serviceable B10 QB. If he wants to see the field, he must switch positions. He was given a schollie based on his athleticism and being "one of us". Would love to see him at TE or OLB, but the QB talk is crazy to anyone has seen him practice or play the position.

Will he be Mitch part two, or Moses Alipate, or....

For the umpteenth time: Green will never be a serviceable B10 QB. If he wants to see the field, he must switch positions. He was given a schollie based on his athleticism and being "one of us". Would love to see him at TE or OLB, but the QB talk is crazy to anyone has seen him practice or play the position.

He's already seen the field...at QB.

I'm sure this statement from PJ makes Seth feel great about his situation. My money is on Seth transferring out as it appears from things PJ has said that he is pushing Seth that way. Not the right QB style for what PJ wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe Seth moving to another position in the offseason.

I think that if Fleck has any future plans at QB for Green, he would want him to get some experience this year. Not just Garbage time. The fact that Rhoda is starting, tells me that Morgan or some one not yet on the team is our QB for the future.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I doubt it. He was the backup QB in two D1 games as a true Freshman. One of the two games was a Big-Ten game. With that, he has already accomplished more at the U as an athlete than anywhere else so far. I don't know that there is much reason for him to be feeling anything but great about his ability to compete for the starting QB role next year and beyond.

Of course, elite college athletes don't ever have the same whiney, entitled outlook towards having to compete to win as the average middle-age corporate accountant that posts POVs like the one you just did.

Holy smokes you don't usually see people on the internet this tough.

I think that if Fleck has any future plans at QB for Green, he would want him to get some experience this year. Not just Garbage time. The fact that Rhoda is starting, tells me that Morgan or some one not yet on the team is our QB for the future.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Maybe Fleck isn't just looking to the future and wants to win as many games as possible this year? Maybe, just maybe, Rhoda is the best QB on the roster this year?

Maybe Fleck isn't just looking to the future and wants to win as many games as possible this year? Maybe, just maybe, Rhoda is the best QB on the roster this year?

If so, then game plan adjustments need to be made to off-set not letting him run.

I watched a good chunk of the game on tv after seeing it in person and he made some really good throws. He missed seeing a few guys that were open but when he did throw the ball he was on the money with the exception being the deep corner route to Johnson that sailed on him.

I watched a good chunk of the game on tv after seeing it in person and he made some really good throws. He missed seeing a few guys that were open but when he did throw the ball he was on the money with the exception being the deep corner route to Johnson that sailed on him.

That hospital pass to Johnson was significantly out of the strike zone. Possible difference in the game. Just saying.

That hospital pass to Johnson was significantly out of the strike zone. Possible difference in the game. Just saying.

Yep, not the easiest throw but he missed it by a lot.
He also made two nice throws to I believe Howard that were dropped (one was a third down pass in the second half) and on one of them the Maryland defender had a hold of Howard’s right arm. Howard I’m sure will be coached on how to sell the PI on that in the future.

Yep, not the easiest throw but he missed it by a lot.
He also made two nice throws to I believe Howard that were dropped (one was a third down pass in the second half) and on one of them the Maryland defender had a hold of Howard’s right arm. Howard I’m sure will be coached on how to sell the PI on that in the future.

Howard definitely stepped up given the opportunity. Will be fun to see how he improves week to week.

Howard definitely stepped up given the opportunity. Will be fun to see how he improves week to week.

Agreed. He adds another weapon to our passing game.
He had one drop as I don't consider the one where he only had one hand to catch it a drop. Should have been a PI call, but that is really hard to see in live action.

Agreed. He adds another weapon to our passing game.
He had one drop as I don't consider the one where he only had one hand to catch it a drop. Should have been a PI call, but that is really hard to see in live action.

Carter did his part as well. Let's see what Fleck & Co do Saturday with those three WRs, plus Lingen and Woz. Got to go over the short middle to the big guys if Purdue crowds the line as I expect.

Top Bottom