PJ Fleck Press Conference notes -Winfield Jr. is not likely to play, Croft reinstated

GopherLady

Reaction score
Hey guys - here are my quick notes. I'm going to hop on to do a quick podcast with Darrell Thompson for this week's GH podcast, but will post more videos later:

• It's hard to master something, how can you develop and master without time? It's the culmination of many reps over and over.
• Winfield - when will he decide? I’m leaning towards no, he's the best player on Defense. The best player gets hurt, we need to get more players that can play at that level and that skillful.
• Don’t sacrifice what you want down the road for what you want now. I'm making decisions that effect our future. I want to keep Tanner Morgan as a redshirt.
• We're going to run the ball. We're not going to say - this didn't work, we're going to come up with a new scheme. I'm not going to demand them to do things they can't do.
• P.J. on Rodney Smith: "He has great vision, great balance. He does really well in pass protection. He just has to continue to get better."
• coach PJ Fleck has repeatedly mentioned the strong game by wide receiver Philip Howard vs. Maryland. He had 4 catches, 46 yards.
• Our team has to understand that it's not about you, it's about everybody else. You have to be doing it for somebody, or you'll quit.
• We support everything they're about, as far as the Joe Tiller era, we'll wear a logo on Saturday to support Purdue football.
• Purdue plays 2 QB's - not necessarily a set rotation. They will run every play in football at least once throughout the game.
• We're only going to get younger, there will be 3 wideouts that come in that will play next year. Getting younger, before we get better.
• I'm very involved with the wideouts, but Coach Simon teaches them and coaches them, he's a great teacher, he's patient, every day you're going to get Matt Simon's best. They're blocking well, running routes, they're not perfect, but you can see the process of growth. Today they were the group that led the hall team.
• Steven Richardson - I'm not into stats, he's playing his role really well. In the 1st 4 games, really quick game. We're getting pressure, our pass break-ups and QB pressure is up. People are getting rid of the ball a lot quicker. He's doing his role really well. We're going to continue to do things to get him free. 3 HC's, 3 years, it's hard to adapt, especially for a senior.
• We're not making enough plays yet. I'm proud of how disciplined we're playing, we just need to be better. Our penalties are down. We show our players bad plays - sticking fingers in the eyes, and gauging eyes, that's what you can do to a football team, that's now who we are.
• We're 0-0 in the Purdue season.
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nadine, your video on the Croft tweet is the same as the first tweet. Can you fix?

Nadine, your video on the Croft tweet is the same as the first tweet. Can you fix?

Nope, I can't, not able to edit a tweet. I posted a correction on Twitter. Sorry - technical issues today!

Here's one more....

Top Bottom