I think we learn a lot about this team and Fleck this week

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Coming off a loss that the team, fans, and media did not expect. Is this team going to lay down, lick their wounds, and feel sorry for themselves? Or will they come out fired up and try spring something on Purdue and get back to having fun. Team (and PJ) looked tight and like they had indigestion at times last week. Which I can't blame them watching what was happening on the field.

I want to feel like this team will rally and come out hot, but I have this gross feeling probably from being a Gopher lifer to feel overly confident in it. Hopefully this team comes out believing in Rhoda and the DBs believing they can cover people again as both look like they're a little lacking in confidence right now, which could pose disaster for this team. This is a game that could lead to things going off the rails or righting the ship, I sure hope it's the latter. We will see. Thoughts?

You're not wrong.

But I think we said that about last weekend too.

You're not wrong.

But I think we said that about last weekend too.

We were learning different things last week. Last week was "How will they fair in Big Ten Play" and this week is "How will they react to a disappointing upset loss".

PJ has since day one here bristled at the mere suggestion of any kind of expectations for this season, and that approach is going to be tested now, especially considering they just lost to a team that (as fans are well aware) they beat last season by 3 TDs with many of the same players on each side.

Of course, it's only one loss, but its also the first test of he and his program, which all the sloganeering, cliches and marketing gimmicks aside, is still about winning football games, not running a rigid cloister for initiates to achieve holistic self-improvement.

Coming off a loss that the team, fans, and media did not expect. Is this team going to lay down, lick their wounds, and feel sorry for themselves? Or will they come out fired up and try spring something on Purdue and get back to having fun. Team (and PJ) looked tight and like they had indigestion at times last week. Which I can't blame them watching what was happening on the field.

I want to feel like this team will rally and come out hot, but I have this gross feeling probably from being a Gopher lifer to feel overly confident in it. Hopefully this team comes out believing in Rhoda and the DBs believing they can cover people again as both look like they're a little lacking in confidence right now, which could pose disaster for this team. This is a game that could lead to things going off the rails or righting the ship, I sure hope it's the latter. We will see. Thoughts?

This will happen when we can find someone to start over Shenault..

We were learning different things last week. Last week was "How will they fair in Big Ten Play" and this week is "How will they react to a disappointing upset loss".
The following week it will be, "At least it was a night game so we had a full day to tailgate."

Getting outcoached by another rookie will be alarming. We won't really have the "new guy" excuse if it happens this week.

I won't be too upset if we just get flat out beat by Purdue who seem solid.

My thoughts exactly. Being a "Gopher lifer" does change your expectations.

Getting outcoached by another rookie will be alarming. We won't really have the "new guy" excuse if it happens this week.

I won't be too upset if we just get flat out beat by Purdue who seem solid.

Not possible. Their recruiting the last 3 - 4 years has been far worse than ours. Until we can out recruit the big ten we can’t hope to win, haven’t you heard? Since we’ve out recruited them, we’ll win. We have better talent on the field.

If we lose, we lose, but my hope is of we lose, it’s looks like we’re making an effort from all phases - including coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking a couple more HYPRR mentions in the pregame should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom