Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Yes, are genuinely stupid. Void of useful and accurate information.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    bga1: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...28#post1313428

"Trump will improve things and get the economy rolling again- this will go a long way towards cutting into those deficits. "
    "To fire up the economy will require changes in the tax code which will reduce revenues in the short term and increase them in the long term."

This entire thread is bga1 and diehard claiming that a study that found Trump's tax plan would increase deficits is biased:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...d-the-question

Granted, diehard does it by calling other people stupid when he disagrees with them, but that's the point of his argument.
    Absolutely freaking great post!!! Kill them with their own words!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Trump will improve things and get the economy rolling again- this will go a long way towards cutting into those deficits. "
    "To fire up the economy will require changes in the tax code which will reduce revenues in the short term and increase them in the long term."

This entire thread is bga1 and diehard claiming that a study that found Trump's tax plan would increase deficits is biased:

Granted, diehard does it by calling other people stupid when he disagrees with them, but that's the point of his argument.
    What you've posted here does not support your assertion that bga and DH have argued that Trump will fix the deficit. And it's miles away from a constant theme that he'll fix it.

Ok, then, three questions for bga1, diehard, and Section2:

1) Do you believe it's vitally important that we reduce the deficit?
    2) Do you think Trump will reduce the deficit?
    3) Do you think the Trump tax plan should become law?

1) Do you believe it's vitally important that we reduce the deficit?
    2) Do you think Trump will reduce the deficit?
    Those seem like yes-or-no questions.

Blog Entries

They aren't.
    Kingdom Warriors

1) Do you believe it's vitally important that we reduce the deficit? Over the long haul this is crucial. In the short run we are going to have to do things that will not be revenue neutral to get there. We should be reducing spending but Congress has no appetite to reduce entitlements- as witnessed by Obamacare.
    2) Do you think Trump will reduce the deficit? I think he will reduce the annual deficits if he gets cooperation from Congress
    I think some form of it should become law. It needs to be improved an refined. The key components in my opinion are getting the corporate tax cuts and getting money repatriated- that's what will make the economy soar.

Is the failed Kansas model going national?

Blog Entries

Study the NC model.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Study the NC model.
    https://ag-econ.ncsu.edu/wp-content/...lookq32016.pdf

Second, whereas North Carolina out-performed the national economy during the 2002-
    2006 expansion, to date the state has under-performed in the current expansion. The difference
    between North Carolina’s real GDP growth rate and the national growth rate is shown by the
    gray bars in Figure 1. While North Carolina slightly under-performed the nation in 2002, 2003,
    and 2004, the state grew much faster than the nation in 2005 and 2006. The same pattern began
    in 2010-2013 of the current expansion, but with the under-performance of the state much greater
    compared to the earlier period. But when the state’s economic growth did accelerate in 2014
    and 2015, state growth was slightly under national growth in 2014 and only slightly better than
    national growth in 2015 – particularly compared to 2005 and 2006. In total, from 2002-2006
    North Carolina’s real GDP growth rate over-performed the national rate by an annual average of
    0.6% points. But in the recent expansion of 2010-2015 the comparison was flipped, with the
    state’s real GDP growth rate under-performing the national rate by an annual average of -0.6%
    Figure 9 compares recent payroll employment growth in North Carolina to payroll
    growth in Southeast states. Growth in payroll jobs in North Carolina led Southeast states’
    growth in the early years of the current recovery (2010-2013) but has lagged in the most recent
    years, although by relatively small amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    lol, you are such an embarrassment. "We were told HERE". Not from him

? You fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I've never heard anyone argue he would fix the deficit. Maybe it's been said, but it's not some running argument.
    Disagree with you on deficit of course but appreciate honesty.

Yes, a booming economy in the long term will reduce deficits. As I have explained many times- a booming economy produces more tax payers and fewer people on welfare programs. This is a double benefit. But this takes a few years. Thus in the short run- as I also explained, deficits will not go down.

Trickle down has failed in the past and will fail again. There is no way to calculate the greed factor into the equation. Corporations already have ridiculous amounts of cash. They aren't hurting. The greed of their boards prevents them from doing what beeg's fantasy is. It's obvious to anyone with a brain. It's sad really some people still believe this will work.

Maybe as a society we should stop donating so much to corrupt churches and instead invest that money in the economy? Or tax churches/non profits.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Yes, a booming economy in the long term will reduce deficits. As I have explained many times- a booming economy produces more tax payers and fewer people on welfare programs. This is a double benefit. But this takes a few years. Thus in the short run- as I also explained, deficits will not go down.
    Does "booming" equal maybe 3 or 3.5% growth if we're lucky?

I think not. Mark it here, Trump Tax Cuts will go down like the rest: extreme debt forever and ever. We will never recover the lost revenue. This will be #3 of 3 in modern history; both previous led to massive debt, the later one unrecoverable because the created bubble also crashed the economy. When will you learn?

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    The Tax Foundation study looks at the effects over 10 years. How long do we wait?