Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1993
  1. #1951
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,539
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Latest Treasury report- overall year to date receipts - up 68 billion. As expected, Corporate Tax receipts have now climbed ahead of last year- despite the dramatic rate reduction. Many corps that do not have calendar year fiscal year end are experiencing their first year in the new brackets.

    Here it is:https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/file...ts/mts0619.pdf
    Lol. In year 2 of the tax cut, they're up a whopping 1.6% from year 1 of the tax cut in a "booming" economy. Try harder. Meanwhile the deficit will approach a trillion dollars. Trump said he could fix it and it "wouldn't be very hard." I guess he lied?
    Last edited by howeda7; 07-16-2019 at 11:45 AM.


  2. #1952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Lol. In year 2 of the tax cut, they're up a whopping 1.6% from year 1 of the tax cut in a "booming" economy. Try harder. Meanwhile the deficit will approach a trillion dollars. Trump said he could fix it and it "wouldn't be very hard." I guess he lied?
    The number one point of a tax cut is not to increase the coffers of the Federal Government- although that will happen. The point of the tax cut is to create a booming economy which we have. The point of a booming economy is to employ more Americans which we have. The point of a tax cut is to make investment in the American economy more profitable which causes people to continue to start and grow businesses and employ more and more people which we have. The point of employing more people is that it takes more people off of welfare and food stamps, which we have. The fact that we can do all of this while not damaging government revenue is fantastic.....unless one lives and breathes hatred of the President, which you do.

    As to the deficit- Congress holds the purse strings and the HOUSE is controlled by the DEMS. Obama once said that the deficit (when it was about 6-7 trillion) was immoral. Was he a liar when he proceeded to pile another 10 trillion in debt on us? Spending, not taxation, is the problem.
    Last edited by bga1; 07-16-2019 at 12:22 PM.

  3. #1953
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    The number one point of a tax cut is not to increase the coffers of the Federal Government- although that will happen. The point of the tax cut is to create a booming economy which we have. The point of a booming economy is to employ more Americans which we have. The point of a tax cut is to make investment in the American economy more profitable which causes people to continue to start and grow businesses and employ more and more people which we have. The point of employing more people is that it takes more people off of welfare and food stamps, which we have. The fact that we can do all of this while not damaging government revenue is fantastic.....unless one lives and breathes hatred of the President, which you do.

    As to the deficit- Congress holds the purse strings and the HOUSE is controlled by the DEMS. Obama once said that the deficit (when it was about 6-7 trillion) was immoral. Was he a liar when he proceeded to pile another 10 trillion in debt on us? Spending, not taxation, is the problem.
    Good lord. You're the biggest fraud on Gopherhole.

  4. #1954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Lol. In year 2 of the tax cut, they're up a whopping 1.6% from year 1 of the tax cut in a "booming" economy. Try harder. Meanwhile the deficit will approach a trillion dollars. Trump said he could fix it and it "wouldn't be very hard." I guess he lied?
    So it's spending then.

  5. #1955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    Good lord. You're the biggest fraud on Gopherhole.
    Really strong post for you. At least you avoided offering any facts or areas of debate which would reveal how vapid and foolish you truly are.

  6. #1956
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,539
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Spin and bad math.....

    As to the deficit- Congress holds the purse strings and the HOUSE is controlled by the DEMS. Obama once said that the deficit (when it was about 6-7 trillion) was immoral. Was he a liar when he proceeded to pile another 10 trillion in debt on us? Spending, not taxation, is the problem.
    The R's for years couldn't wait to tell you everything they would cut if they had the purse strings. They wanted to cut so many departments they couldn't remember them all. For 2 years they had complete control and cut...nothing. Not one thing. And the man who wanted to cut so many departments now heads one up. Oops. Frauds.

  7. #1957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    The R's for years couldn't wait to tell you everything they would cut if they had the purse strings. They wanted to cut so many departments they couldn't remember them all. For 2 years they had complete control and cut...nothing. Not one thing. And the man who wanted to cut so many departments now heads one up. Oops. Frauds.
    Your first good post of 2019! Now, you will proudly enter that voting booth and pull the lever in 2020 for which big spending cutter? Liz Warren? Biden? Bernie? Fraud.

  8. #1958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    The R's for years couldn't wait to tell you everything they would cut if they had the purse strings. They wanted to cut so many departments they couldn't remember them all. For 2 years they had complete control and cut...nothing. Not one thing. And the man who wanted to cut so many departments now heads one up. Oops. Frauds.
    So the Rs were too weak to make cuts (we agree), only the Freedom Caucus who you hate bitterly, stood up for spending cuts but they were over ruled by the RYANOS. The Dems hate cuts- they want to spend much, much more. Trump has actually made cuts but you don't want him to be a dictator, so his power is limited, plus you hate him- so what exactly do you expect him to do about the deficit? Raising tax rates doesn't necessarily increase revenue - as it drags the economy down.

  9. #1959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Your first good post of 2019! Now, you will proudly enter that voting booth and pull the lever in 2020 for which big spending cutter? Liz Warren? Biden? Bernie? Fraud.
    Howie always votes for candidates that want to cut spending....

  10. #1960

    Default

    Cnc, here’s a fact based article on the result of the tax cut from Townhall for you.

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...aires-n2549978

    As data continues to pour in, the facts are once again affirming what many of us have known for quite some time: The GOP-passed tax reform law, which was opposed by every single Democrat in Congress, has reduced taxes for a lopsided supermajority of Americans. Despite a torrent of disinformation and false messaging from the collective Left, the overwhelming majority of US taxpayers saw their federal tax burden reduced in 2018. Even the New York Times fact-checked this claim and found the Democratic mantra to be inaccurate. Now, based on the latest available numbers from the IRS, the nonpartisan Tax Foundation confirms that the Left's deceitful talking points aren't just misleading -- they're actually the opposite of the truth:

    Critics of the TCJA have claimed that the law’s tax cuts only benefit high-income individuals and businesses. However, the visual below shows that total tax liability fell for all income groups except those earning over $1 million in 2018...The initial data shows that the TCJA expanded the use of several credits and deductions, made the standard deduction more favorable than itemizing, reduced tax refunds, and lowered taxes for most Americans.

    (Click link for chart)

    In every single group, the green bar is lower than the blue bar, including for working and middle-class Americans. Only the super rich, those making more than $1 million annually, have seen a very slight increase, on average. Compare that to the rhetoric surrounding the law. The gap between the political spin and the actual results is staggering. As many supporters of the law pointed out during the public debate, the reason this law would benefit so many Americans was that it doubles the standard deduction, which was already being used by a large majority of filers. As expected, the number of people choosing to take advantage of the increased standard deduction (as opposed to itemizing) has increased dramatically:

    One of the most significant changes introduced by the TCJA was the expansion of the standard deduction. The standard deduction increased from $6,500 to $12,000 for single filers, and from $13,000 to $24,000 for those married filing jointly, in 2018. This change had a significant impact on the ease of filing for many taxpayers, as taking the standard deduction simplifies the tax filing process. As shown below, the percent of taxpayers who itemized went down at all income levels. Overall, the percentage of the population that itemizes decreased from 30 percent to 10 percent.

    Only those earning $250,000 or more are still itemizing more than taking the standard deduction. Everyone else is going with the simpler option, which is also allowing them to keep more of the money they've earned. As for the size of tax refunds, which is not necessarily indicative of total tax burdens going up or down, that picture is a mixed bag. One last point from the Tax Foundation analysis: The increased child tax credit, pushed by a number of conservative Senators, has resulted in many more people claiming it and benefitting from it, across all income groups (except millionaires). Mike Lee and Marco Rubio like what they're seeing:

    U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Mike Lee (R-UT) released statements after the Tax Foundation’s report on 2018 tax return data showed the positive impact the expanded Child Tax Credit (CTC) had for millions of American families. Their efforts secured a provision in the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2017 that doubled the CTC from $1,000 to $2,000, expanded eligibility, and increased the refundability of the CTC from $1,100 to $1,400. The data from 2018 tax returns makes it clear the benefits of this effort. The number of people who received the CTC doubled, benefiting American families in every income bracket, with the exception of top income earners. [Lee said]: "Twice as many parents took the credit in 2018 as did before our reforms. Families in every income bracket below the super-rich saw the value of the child credit more than double, and the greatest beneficiaries were middle class families. I once again commend the president, Marco Rubio, Ivanka Trump, and the rest of the coalition fighting for family tax reform. In light of this great news, Republicans should start working to increase the child credit again as soon as possible.”

  11. #1961
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,539
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    So the Rs were too weak to make cuts (we agree), only the Freedom Caucus who you hate bitterly, stood up for spending cuts but they were over ruled by the RYANOS. The Dems hate cuts- they want to spend much, much more. Trump has actually made cuts but you don't want him to be a dictator, so his power is limited, plus you hate him- so what exactly do you expect him to do about the deficit? Raising tax rates doesn't necessarily increase revenue - as it drags the economy down.
    They made no attempt to cut anything. None. Trump didn't push it. Ryan didn't push it. No one with any power did. Frauds.

    We have a massive deficit and debt problem. And the parties offer us two choices. Tax and spend or borrow and spend. At least the former doesn't lie and pretend otherwise.

  12. #1962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    They made no attempt to cut anything. None. Trump didn't push it. Ryan didn't push it. No one with any power did. Frauds.

    We have a massive deficit and debt problem. And the parties offer us two choices. Tax and spend or borrow and spend. At least the former doesn't lie and pretend otherwise.
    If any Republican attempted to cut spending, Democrats would howl “they’re trying to take your...”

  13. #1963
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,539
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    If any Republican attempted to cut spending, Democrats would howl “they’re trying to take your...”
    So? The R's had the majority. They're the party of fiscal responsibility. Lame excuse.

  14. #1964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    So? The R's had the majority. They're the party of fiscal responsibility. Lame excuse.
    They stunk. The only think worse than Rs in congress is the Ds.

  15. #1965

    Default



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •