Gophers will host night game against Michigan State

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers have announced their Oct. 14 home matchup with Michigan State will be played at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on Big Ten Network. It will be the first home night conference game since the team hosted Michigan on Oct. 31, 2015.

Well at least I got the kids to the day games so far.

Dammit. The one time when I can't do a night game. Oh well. C'est la vie.

I bought tickets last week for this one, hoping for 2:30. Even better. This helps take the sting out of me being cranky for the past 36 hours.

Gopher hockey is scheduled that day against Penn St, what will this do to their game? It is still listed as TBD.

The last night game against Sparty was one of the best games ever at TCF. Weber played like Tom Brady. That was a fun evening. Let's hope for a repeat.

Yay! Night games are the best.
And the Gophers seem to get up for them moreso than day games.
2009 wins versus Air Force and Michigan State in an otherwise crappy year.
2010 was well... 2010 (losses to OSU and NIU, which led to the hire of Kill)
2011 didn't play any
2012 win over Syracuse
2013 win over UNLV
2014 win over Eastern Ill.
2015 17-23 versus #2 TCU and 26-29 versus #15 Michigan (which we should have won)
2016 win over Oregon State

Night games mean noteworthy games :)

I'll be in Europe.
2am kickoffs are not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! Night games are the best.
And the Gophers seem to get up for them moreso than day games.
2009 wins versus Air Force and Michigan State in an otherwise crappy year.
2010 was well... 2010 (losses to OSU and NIU, which led to the hire of Kill)
2011 didn't play any
2012 win over Syracuse
2013 win over UNLV
2014 win over Eastern Ill.
2015 17-23 versus #2 TCU and 26-29 versus #15 Michigan (which we should have won)
2016 win over Oregon State

Night games mean noteworthy games :)

NDSU 2011 was a night game

Get back on track under the bright lights!

I'm actually kinda surprised. MSU still looking down, Gophers also (at the moment) looking down from last year. Fleck affect?

I'm actually kinda surprised. MSU still looking down, Gophers also (at the moment) looking down from last year. Fleck affect?

There have been very meh B1G night games in recent years. Sometimes it is just what they get scheduled and I belive there is some effort at BTN to get more night game coverage for everyone.

I think this one might be due strictly to the new TV arrangement. About the same time this game was announced, the start of Neb./OSU was announced as being on FS1 at 6:30. If FS1 isn't in the picture, BTN would most certainly have grabbed OSU for the night game. Now, there's two.

I like the current arrangement with FS1 and Fox getting more of the games already, even if we had the dreaded 11AM start time last week.

The FS1 broadcast was heads and shoulders above the usual crap ESPN2 or ESPNU 11AM Big Ten game production. It started with the pregame show, where Robert Smith, coach moustache and the USC QB guy, they actually talked about the Gophers and also did not ignore their own game at halftime to talk about the SEC games at night the whole time.

The broadcast itself was much better with Tim Brando, Spencer Tillman and Holly Sonders. Tim Brando opened the broadcast by talking about the Halsey Hall being the first person referring to the Gophers as "Golden" in 1933 and the Rouser being above average as the team ran out on the field.

The crowd and the band were actually miked up correctly and you could hear the crowed noise on the broadcast, and see multiple quality crowd shots all day. A typical 11 AM Big Ten game on the ESPN side, short Michigan or OSU has a dead sound with nothing but some third tier team droning on like they are in a studio.

The 11AM games still suck, but the less of ESPN, ABC the better. If you contrast the quality of the production between an 11AM Big Ten game and any SEC game played later in the day on ESPN, the amount of effort and resources put into the even is not even close.

Top Bottom