STrib: Growing pains of P.J. Fleck's Gophers on display in first loss

Yes, pretty sure Coach Mason's first game was a loss to the Rainbow Warriors. That was my first game as a Gopher fan. Ouch.

I can still see Corey Sauter being expected to run the read option and the Gophers wilting in the tropical humidity after halftime. Then they put up 50 the next week.

How many times previously did Minnesota fire a coach with 9 wins overall and 5 in the Big Ten? I anxiously await your answer.

So, how many times, in how many threads do you guys have to beat that dead horse? We understand, you don't get it that it didn't matter how many wins Claeys had, he was not going to be kept as the coach. And it was not because of the player scandal either. Coyle wanted his own, up and coming successful coach that could push the national brand, period. And with a coaching change it takes time for him to build his own program. It is really very simple. You may not agree, but it is gets tiresome to have every thread degenerate into the same argument.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, how many times, in how many threads do you guys have to beat that dead horse? We understand, you don't get it that it didn't matter how many wins Claeys had, he was not going to be kept as the coach. And it was not because of the player scandal either. Coyle wanted his own, up and coming successful coach that could push the national brand, period. And with a coaching change it takes time for him to build his own program. It is really very simple. You may not agree, but it is gets tiresome to have every thread degenerate into the same argument.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many years do we need to wait before we can be critical of what happens on the field?
Should we shut the GH Football portion of the site down until then?

Kill and Claeys took this program from a bottom of the BIG team to one that was at the very least a middle of the BIG and an occasional contender in the West. To say PJ needs to turn it around is completely false. We were headed in the right direction. What PJ needs to do is continue building on what was already established. There will be bumps along the way and Saturday was one as DJ was better than PJ on that day. That was disappointing. Lets hope they figure something out this week and can go to Purdue and play better, but also coach better.

How many years do we need to wait before we can be critical of what happens on the field?
Should we shut the GH Football portion of the site down until then?

Kill and Claeys took this program from a bottom of the BIG team to one that was at the very least a middle of the BIG and an occasional contender in the West. To say PJ needs to turn it around is completely false. We were headed in the right direction. What PJ needs to do is continue building on what was already established. There will be bumps along the way and Saturday was one as DJ was better than PJ on that day. That was disappointing. Lets hope they figure something out this week and can go to Purdue and play better, but also coach better.

Agree with this post other than to say Fleck is going to build the program his way. The previous regime deserves credit for getting the program back to respectability. This isn't a complete rebuild but there may be a step back as Fleck builds the program under his vision. Some may not like that approach but the Administration is going to give Fleck the time he needs to try and build it his way.

We understand, you don't get it that it didn't matter how many wins Claeys had, he was not going to be kept as the coach. And it was not because of the player scandal either. Coyle wanted his own, up and coming successful coach that could push the national brand, period.

Oh, I get it just fine. I said that from the second that Claeys was fired. So why do people keep pretending that Claeys was fired for performance and recruiting? Answer that for me, champ.

You may not agree, but it is gets tiresome to have every thread degenerate into the same argument.

Why are you lecturing me about this? Go talk to the guy who brought it up in the first place.

Top Bottom