Gophers open +2.5 vs Purdue, and line then shifts to +3.5

To all the people who say the "season is over" or "we'll be lucky to win one more game":

We are slight underdogs at Purdue, will be no worse than +4 or +5 next week, and will be heavy favorites vs. Illinois.

5-2 should be the expectation headed to Iowa City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I 100% expect our team to come out on fire next week. We are too good to have another clunker like that. I'm all over the Gophers on a straight bet.

I 100% expect our team to come out on fire next week. We are too good to have another clunker like that. I'm all over the Gophers on a straight bet.

Man I hope so, but worried how our defense, especially the secondary will do against Purdue’s passing game. Maybe Purdue’s offensive line will be a couple levels below Maryland’s.

If I was willing to wager Gophs +2.5/3.5 I’d probably bet the moneyline in order to get better value on the straight up win

Even before the season started I did not think that we were the kind of team that could count their chickens on any road game.

Will Blough be healthy? If he can't go Elijah Sindelar is likely a significant drop off and our chances of holding them in check go up. Both are pretty much statues. In years past that plays to our defense but seems we might be going away from an attacking defense; is this more personnel or philosophy or both. Winfield won't be back. ? McGhee. Time to get some young guys spun up. We will see if Fleck and Roc can figure some stuff out on offense.

We should roll Purdue. Than again should've rolled Maryland. With our back half of the schedule can't afford to drop these games where we are the more talented team

We should roll Purdue. Than again should've rolled Maryland. With our back half of the schedule can't afford to drop these games where we are the more talented team

I think you are overlooking Purdue a bit. This is a very dangerous team under Brohm. They are coming off a tough game against Michigan and had a bye week last week. It will also be a very emotional day in West Lafayette following the passing of Joe Tiller. You just know the Purdue team is going to be feeding off of the emotion and will want to win that game for Joe Tiller.

I expect the Gophers to bounce back with a much better performance this week but am still not sure if they will win at Purdue, especially if Winfield and McGhee are out.

Purdue always seems to be tough for Minnesota regardless of their record. Remember in 2014, Minnesota won a nail biter 39-38. Let's also not forget that Purdue was leading Minnesota last year at the half 28-23.

Not trying to be a pessimist, just trying to be realistic that this Purdue game is going to be tougher than a lot of people think.

I thought they would be a 10+ point favorite at home against us, on the emotion of losing Coach Tiller, this weekend.

I think you are overlooking Purdue a bit. This is a very dangerous team under Brohm. They are coming off a tough game against Michigan and had a bye week last week. It will also be a very emotional day in West Lafayette following the passing of Joe Tiller. You just know the Purdue team is going to be feeding off of the emotion and will want to win that game for Joe Tiller.

I expect the Gophers to bounce back with a much better performance this week but am still not sure if they will win at Purdue, especially if Winfield and McGhee are out.

Purdue always seems to be tough for Minnesota regardless of their record. Remember in 2014, Minnesota won a nail biter 39-38. Let's also not forget that Purdue was leading Minnesota last year at the half 28-23.

Not trying to be a pessimist, just trying to be realistic that this Purdue game is going to be tougher than a lot of people think.

I would be surprised if the death of Joe Tiller is a factor whatsoever. I very much doubt that any of the current players or staff ever met Joe Tiller, let alone knew him well. There will probably be a number of fans emotional about his passing, and they'll likely mention it on the scoreboard/PA, but he's just a person to the people actually involved in the playing and execution of the game.

I'm really not. These kids were ten years old when Tiller died, that's more for the fans. You also conveniently left out the 41-6 drubbing we gave them two years ago when that game was a pick em. Purdue has gotten better, sure but as far as talent goes they're inferior, and a well coach takes care of inferior opponents

It will be important to start well and have a lead at half time with Purdue’s two top defensive players out for the first half.
It would also be nice if McGhee plays.

I'm really not. These kids were ten years old when Tiller died, that's more for the fans. You also conveniently left out the 41-6 drubbing we gave them two years ago when that game was a pick em. Purdue has gotten better, sure but as far as talent goes they're inferior, and a well coach takes care of inferior opponents

Tiller just passed away. Maybe you mean retired from Purdue? Anyway, Purdue always seems to have a few speedsters.

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/football/2017/09/30/former-purdue-football-coach-joe-tiller-dies/697478001/

So when the season started there were:
The 3 non-conference games against G5 opponents that had losing records last year,
Bye week
Then 4 games against B1G opponents that had losing records last year.
Then 5 games against B1G opponents that had winning records last year.

It's looking like Maryland and Purdue are better this year, and Northwestern and Nebraska are slightly worse.

Two years ago was awesome. Otherwise we seem to struggle against Purdue. One positive is it is fall break so maybe fewer students will be around. Hopefully they'll come off their bye week like we did. It helps they'll be down two players for the first half. One of these new coaches with inferior talent is going to win. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom