How can we land top recruits with a crap game like this?

gobbles03

Reaction score
If I was these top recruits I'd be going to Maryland after this game.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

How did Maryland land them after being **** for so many years under Edsall?

Yeah, we'll be fine.

Hmmm anyone heard of Under armour?

I hope Hank Bachmeier or any other recruit aren't basing their college decision on a close loss to a team that already won at Texas this season. On a game that will be 2 years in the past by the time they enter college and 3-5 years in the past by the time they play.

Hmmm anyone heard of Under armour?

Are you suggesting they were paid by UA to go to Maryland? Plausible, given recent events, I'll admit.

And lot of recruits go to Oregon because Nike is heavily involved with Oregon.

If I was these top recruits I'd be going to Maryland after this game.

Any would any recruit in America go to a school besides Alabama?

Coaches usually have good recruiting classes during their first full season or two. Once they've been around a few years and then you have games like this, that's when the red flags come out.

Just saying, if I was a recruit at the gophers game and I see this type a game where Maryland has a 3rd string QB beat us, and then they have a Under Armour Sponsor. How does the recruit pick Minnesota over Maryland? especially if it's a big time recruit.

Fleck will recruit through his ability to connect with young people. He now can use his success at Western Michigan as well. We will be fine.

The U has recruiting advantages and disadvantages just like any school. Recruits are individuals with all sorts of reasons for choosing one school over another.

For all we know, a recruit will choose Minnesota because he's into blondes and wants to major in Scandinavian languages.

If fielding a winning team was a requirement, Missouri, Northwestern, and Washington State would have had to shutter their programs in the 70's.

Seems unlikely recruiting will stop because of a loss to B1G opponent.

With a dynamic coach like Fleck, that's how. With new facilities, that's how. With a metro area like the Twin Cities, that's how. With a great university like the University of Minnesota, that's how. With support from a president like Kaler, that's how. With support from an athletic director like Mark Coyle, that's how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a dynamic coach like Fleck, that's how. With new facilities, that's how. With a metro area like the Twin Cities, that's how. With a great university like the University of Minnesota, that's how. With support from a president like Kaler, that's how. With support from an athletic director like Mark Coyle, that's how.

With support from fans who don't turn all pi$s and vinegar as soon as the new head coach loses a game.

+1

This program is getting more exposure than it ever has before. This program has a ways to go to compete with the best of the B1G, but that day is coming. And with Fleck it's coming soon

You had me until Kaler and Coyle...[emoji33]

The U has recruiting advantages and disadvantages just like any school. Recruits are individuals with all sorts of reasons for choosing one school over another.

For all we know, a recruit will choose Minnesota because he's into blondes and wants to major in Scandinavian languages.

If fielding a winning team was a requirement, Missouri, Northwestern, and Washington State would have had to shutter their programs in the 70's.

Seems unlikely recruiting will stop because of a loss to B1G opponent.

Did I miss something, who said Fleck would stop recruiting?

No, you didn't miss anything--I was just trying to point out to the OP that attracting recruits in ongoing process independent of any one game.

And Fleck appears to be something from the animal kingdom: Sleep, eat, crap, recruit, repeat. He ain't gonna stop.

They don't look like they are having a great time.
f1f938d728c654bb3648e44217b687f6.jpg

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

No, you didn't miss anything--I was just trying to point out to the OP that attracting recruits in ongoing process independent of any one game.

And Fleck appears to be something from the animal kingdom: Sleep, eat, crap, recruit, repeat. He ain't gonna stop.

It's not done in a vacuum either. He took over a team that has been successful in recent years. It's not a rebuild. Given that, this is not a place where he can go backwards much and attract that higher level talent. No matter how dynamic, if he's not winning here, they're not coming.

It's not done in a vacuum either. He took over a team that has been successful in recent years. It's not a rebuild. Given that, this is not a place where he can go backwards much and attract that higher level talent. No matter how dynamic, if he's not winning here, they're not coming.

Winning has little to do with recruiting success. Just take a look at the top recruiting classes for this year.

With support from fans who don't turn all pi$s and vinegar as soon as the new head coach loses a game.

I think you can say piss. It is not a dirty word. We have been losing for 50 years so that is a lot of piss and vinegar.

Top Bottom