Petition to bring back Croft

Bring him back!

Your kidding right? This crappy Maryland game was totally about the defense getting schooled (players and coaches), horrible kicking game, and DROPPED passes (e.g. the red zone interception). Rhoda's lack of running only had a small part in it.

Your kidding right? This crappy Maryland game was totally about the defense getting schooled (players and coaches), horrible kicking game, and DROPPED passes (e.g. the red zone interception). Rhoda's lack of running only had a small part in it.
I know, his 2 INT's didn't help either.

The first one went right through the receivers hands

You might want to rewatch that. Possible TJ could have caught it, but the pass was waaay high - on a near range bullet. I put that on Rhoda - he had the whole body to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave up points on the missed FG drive. Coulda woulda shoulda. Hmm, good drive followed by horrible drive. Sound familiar?

Get out of the doghouse Croft.

You might want to rewatch that. Possible TJ could have caught it, but the pass was waaay high - on a near range bullet. I put that on Rhoda - he had the whole body to hit.

Are you kidding? The best wr on a big10 team has to catch that 9/10 times. Rhoda played fine. Probably played better than anyone else on the team today.

Are you kidding? The best wr on a big10 team has to catch that 9/10 times. Rhoda played fine. Probably played better than anyone else on the team today.

Call BTN. They disagreed with you too. Rhoda played poor. Both INTs and the TD he gave away were enough for me to conclude that.

Even though PJ and co were vastly outcoached today I am fine with him enforcing rules. I am with PJ 100% on that.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

On the 1st interception, that would have taken a near-miracle catch.

Hey - 99% of QB's make bad throws from time to time. That one just happened to take place in a key situation. If he makes the same throw on a 1st-down play at midfield, it's not as big a deal. I thought Rhoda did some things well. I still want to see him keep the ball a few more times on the read-option - although Fleck defended him on that count in the press conference. He said Maryland was doing things on defense that made it difficult for Rhoda to keep the ball more often.

Call BTN. They disagreed with you too. Rhoda played poor. Both INTs and the TD he gave away were enough for me to conclude that.

He missed one td throw and threw one high that Johnson got both hands on and ended up intercepted. Oh and he didn't drive 90 yards for a TD with a minute left. There's room between poor and perfect.

He missed one td throw and threw one high that Johnson got both hands on and ended up intercepted. Oh and he didn't drive 90 yards for a TD with a minute left. There's room between poor and perfect.

Nice retort. Love the sarcasm. On the 90 yards to go with 1 minute left, I was thinking there's only one QB in college football that could be expected do that and he's not in Minnesota. Unfortunately, he's at Penn State.

I agree. This loss wasn't Rhoda's fault at all.

I didn't blame Rhoda for the loss. I also don't think he played very good at all. His pass to TJ on the INT was poor. The pass to TJ that cost us 6 pts was atrocious. Did he do some good things - sure, but his TD pass to Lingen was the only one at a critical time.

I didn't blame Rhoda for the loss. I also don't think he played very good at all. His pass to TJ on the INT was poor. The pass to TJ that cost us 6 pts was atrocious. Did he do some good things - sure, but his TD pass to Lingen was the only one at a critical time.

We would've been blown out had Rhoda played poorly. Considering our running game sucked.

I have more confidence in Rhoda than I ever did in Leidner in terms of passing the ball. He has a nice touch on his throws, he does need a lot of work on the zone read but at this point just make him a pocket passer.

We would've been blown out had Rhoda played poorly. Considering our running game sucked.

Well, we did just lose at home, off a bye week, to a 13-point underdog with their 3rd string QB. So kudos to Rhoda I guess. Well done young man. Wish the rest of the team didn't let him down.

We will need to agree to disagree on CR15's performance today. I think he played better than PJ coached if that helps?

Nice retort. Love the sarcasm. On the 90 yards to go with 1 minute left, I was thinking there's only one QB in college football that could be expected do that and he's not in Minnesota. Unfortunately, he's at Penn State.

And needed all of that 1:30...

I don't think Rhoda played poorly. Yes, he threw the interception to TJ off target and about 4X too hard for the distance. On the read option: I am willing to bet based on PJ's response to the question about the read option that Rhoda has been told...don't run...you are our only QB right now. My question is why call the play over and over and over when everybody knows the quarterback isn't keeping it ever...essentially. When he did keep it was predetermined because it was the wrong read and a nice side step to get past the line of scrimmage. I'd say PJ didn't put Rhoda in position to use his strengths. In a critical 3rd or 4th down situation he was asked to roll right and throw which was definitely a flashback why? Naturally, it didn't work and only luckily it wasn't an interception.

I would agree, at least in part. There were two defenders there. If a high pass goes off the receiver's fingers in that situation, there is a pretty fair chance of an interception. Had to hit him in the body.

I don't think Rhoda played poorly.

Certainly Mitch had a number of worse games. He did throw for 229 yards and 8.8 yards per attempt. Fleck should let him run a little more when there's an opening particularly since he slides before getting hit anyway.

And needed all of that 1:30...

Vs Iowa on the road not Maryland at home. We had two TOs. Every week we see teams drive down the field vs prevent to put themselves in position for a shot. We're just not very good on offense and that starts with the QB unfortunately. He has time to make decisions and set up his throws and isn't consistent. He isn't taking the easy yards and yes, that's a big deal. Third downs are a big deal. Sure it wasn't all bad but it never is. I'm sure we can find good things about any QB.

Vs Iowa on the road not Maryland at home. We had two TOs. Every week we see teams drive down the field vs prevent to put themselves in position for a shot. We're just not very good on offense and that starts with the QB unfortunately. He has time to make decisions and set up his throws and isn't consistent. He isn't taking the easy yards and yes, that's a big deal. Third downs are a big deal. Sure it wasn't all bad but it never is. I'm sure we can find good things about any QB.

Wasn't disagreeing. McSorley was a big reason Penn St won that game. Just pointing out he did need every second left to do it.

McSorley had at least one big run on that drive IIRC. He's a clutch player, no doubt.

Top Bottom