Petition to bring back Croft

Haven't had time to go look at the replay, but my recollection at the game was MD basically came set in the formation early and the play clock ran most the way down before the TO was called. Head scratcher.

Yes, it seemed like MY was willing to run the clock out. Unless they were going for the Hail Mary from there, it didn't seem a good time to stop the clock, regardless of the alignment deficiency.

That said, playing 3 at the goal line two plays later was, IMO, a far worse decision. MY's easy running play set up either a FG opportunity OR a much easier Hail Mary to end the half. The RB executed that run about perfectly, too, sliding just at the right time.

Haven't had time to go look at the replay, but my recollection at the game was MD basically came set in the formation early and the play clock ran most the way down before the TO was called. Head scratcher.

Your are correct. Timeout was called at the 12 second mark, 5 seconds after the snapshot above. I was thinking WTF at the time but it makes sense now.

Yes, it seemed like MY was willing to run the clock out. Unless they were going for the Hail Mary from there, it didn't seem a good time to stop the clock, regardless of the alignment deficiency.

That said, playing 3 at the goal line two plays later was, IMO, a far worse decision. MY's easy running play set up either a FG opportunity OR a much easier Hail Mary to end the half. The RB executed that run about perfectly, too, sliding just at the right time.

That whole sequence seemed odd. Just an off day for all, which was disappointing given the amount of time they had to prepare. Really thought we'd see more wrinkles from the offense but it looked a lot like the Buffalo game...very, very vanilla.

I think we pretty much know Croft can't throw consistently. If he can run and throw better than Rhoda then why hasn't he grabbed the role?

He can. The reason he isn't playing is because of the culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play football. Go to class. Stay out of trouble. Repeat.

He can. The reason he isn't playing is because of the culture.

I hope Croft does the right things to get back, but in his limited time playing, i have not seen that he is a good or accurate passer. Maybe he will continue to develop into one for next year.

I hope Croft does the right things to get back, but in his limited time playing, <b>i have not seen that he is a good or accurate passer. </b>Maybe he will continue to develop into one for next year.

You are entitled to your opinion, but DC11 has only thrown 12 passes this year (7/12).

You are entitled to your opinion, but DC11 has only thrown 12 passes this year (7/12).

And two of those were 50/50 balls to Johnson that unfortunately were on the wrong side of the coin. At least they were inbounds and catchable. He had one bad pass or miscommunication that I can think of. He may indeed be a horrible drop back passer but my threshold of evidence hasn't been met. I could certainly be swayed with more evidence.

As it is, Green or Morgan is the backup.

Yes, but the staff has seen him throw plenty in practice. There is a reason he was splitting time with Rhoda, and it has nothing to do with culture. Obviously Croft is a better runner, so Rhoda must be better at something, I think it's safe to assume it's passing/decision making.

Yes, but the staff has seen him throw plenty in practice. There is a reason he was splitting time with Rhoda, and it has nothing to do with culture. Obviously Croft is a better runner, so Rhoda must be better at something, I think it's safe to assume it's passing/decision making.

Yep. I agree with that. The post I responded to said he (the poster) had seen enough to know Croft was not a good passer. Seemed like a lot to conclude from 7/12 vs Buffalo to me.

Fleck stated several times he prefers Rhoda's leadership over Croft's (and now seems obvious why) and that's part of what he brings. Fair enough. Croft will not play again if he can't get his head on straight and toe the line. Even if he does I'm not sure Fleck would let him back on the field unless his hand is forced.

I'd take Seth Green. He'll, just pull Tanner's red shirt.
Maybe that'll force o coach to call something other than rutm to one yard gain

RS1, SB23, TJ6 wildcat. Exclusively.

How many times can i sign the petition??

Depends on whether you live in Minneapolis or St. Paul. In Minneapolis, yes, and with no ID. In St. Paul, only if you are dead, but as many times as you want.

Anyone have a kid we can exploit to deliver the petition to Coyle/Kaler? Seemed to work last time

Is it PJ's fault the kid was a knucklehead and got suspended for 2 games?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe the petition should be for Croft to follow team rules.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Our coaches for ten years have preferred tough, limited talent QBs loyal to the program to more athletic, but more problematic ones, as though the latter were a risk. Reminds me of Warmath in the early years - went with reliable but dull QBs who fitted into the two-way play of that time.

Top Bottom