Petition to bring back Croft

Rhoda was fine, considering his level of experience. The only thing he could have and should have done differently was have more confidence in the option to run. So many times, you could see the defender didn't even look Rhoda's way after the handoff. I like Rhoda's arm better than Leidner's but boy do I miss Leidner's running and toughness. I remember Leidner saying how he was the best at the read option, wish Rhoda had that confidence. I don't see Croft being a better leader than Rhoda.

Are you kidding? The best wr on a big10 team has to catch that 9/10 times. Rhoda played fine. Probably played better than anyone else on the team today.

Are you high? He over-threw a double covered receiver.
That's an awful decision. I don't care if he got his hands on it or not, that ball needs to be chest level and outside.

Certainly Mitch had a number of worse games. He did throw for 229 yards and 8.8 yards per attempt. Fleck should let him run a little more when there's an opening particularly since he slides before getting hit anyway.

Good point. He had loads of opportunities to run - but wouldn't or couldn't. Generally, he's a more reliable passer than Mitch. But the Gopher offense needs a big expansion of the playbook. Woody Hayes is long gone.

Are you high? He over-threw a double covered receiver.
That's an awful decision. I don't care if he got his hands on it or not, that ball needs to be chest level and outside.

He's a walk on, not Aaron Rodgers. Double covered but was still open as both defenders were well behind him. It wasn't a bad decision to throw there he just had to put it a little lower, but I still think it was very catchable, the catch he made on the side line wasnt much different, the commentators said he has to catch that too.

Good point. He had loads of opportunities to run - but wouldn't or couldn't. Generally, he's a more reliable passer than Mitch. But the Gopher offense needs a big expansion of the playbook. Woody Hayes is long gone.

The game plan was a head scratcher, especially on offense. Did not expand or adjust throughout the game. Staff was not taking what the D was giving them...like in the first three games.

What the **** Fleck thinking calling that time out with 15 seconds left in the half. We weren't getting the ball back and it gave Maryland an opportunity to kick a field goal

What the **** Fleck thinking calling that time out with 15 seconds left in the half. We weren't getting the ball back and it gave Maryland an opportunity to kick a field goal

Because Maryland ran out 5 WRs and we didn't have enough DBs to cover them. It had nothing to do with getting the ball back.

Obviously there was a reason. Cool it.

Nice retort. Love the sarcasm. On the 90 yards to go with 1 minute left, I was thinking there's only one QB in college football that could be expected do that and he's not in Minnesota. Unfortunately, he's at Penn State.

Why are you here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would've been blown out had Rhoda played poorly. Considering our running game sucked.

Could it be that our running game sucked because Rhoda refused to keep the ball.

Could it be that our running game sucked because Rhoda refused to keep the ball.

I believe IF that were the reason, maybe the coach should make an adjustment? Not sure you want guys on the field repeatedly disobeying instructions?

Why are you here?

Cuz I'm a Minnesota Alum and huge Gopher football fan? I've watched and participated in enough college football games to know the odds of tying a game with the ball at the 10 yard line with 1 minute left. I would have rejoiced if that last drive succeeded...but did you really believe that would happen in this game?

I believe IF that were the reason, maybe the coach should make an adjustment? Not sure you want guys on the field repeatedly disobeying instructions?

Either:
1. Rhoda sucked because he couldn't figure out when to keep the ball on the read option
or
2. The coaches really suck because they tell the QB not to keep the ball but keep calling the read option over and over when it then has zero chance to work because the whole point of hte play is the QB as a threat.

Which one was it? If Fleck is a god like people think then Rhoda sucked.

Either:
1. Rhoda sucked because he couldn't figure out when to keep the ball on the read option
or
2. The coaches really suck because they tell the QB not to keep the ball but keep calling the read option over and over when it then has zero chance to work because the whole point of hte play is the QB as a threat.

Which one was it? If Fleck is a god like people think then Rhoda sucked.

#1 In which case, if you really don't want to change QB's...stop calling the dang play...right? (I believe that is a coaching decision and/or an inability to teach or communicate)
#2 The conclusion becomes this has to be the reason and the result imo
Whatever the answer is...it is bad coaching.

#1 In which case, if you really don't want to change QB's...stop calling the dang play...right? (I believe that is a coaching decision and/or an inability to teach or communicate)
#2 The conclusion becomes this has to be the reason and the result imo
Whatever the answer is...it is bad coaching.

Agreed. This was a poorly coached game.

He's a walk on, not Aaron Rodgers. Double covered but was still open as both defenders were well behind him. It wasn't a bad decision to throw there he just had to put it a little lower, but I still think it was very catchable, the catch he made on the side line wasnt much different, the commentators said he has to catch that too.

I agree with Btown and at the game we talked about how Rhoda, who started his fifth game, knows when to throw the ball away out of bounds.

If we are going to continue to run the same offense - whether it is effective or not - this team would be way better with Demry playing. The run game works better with him in there for reasons that became obvious yesterday. Can Rhoda pass better? Not sure, but it isn't like he is all that good at passing either.

If we are going to continue to run the same offense - whether it is effective or not - this team would be way better with Demry playing. The run game works better with him in there for reasons that became obvious yesterday. Can Rhoda pass better? Not sure, but it isn't like he is all that good at passing either.

Croft is just not all that good. We win perhaps 1 more B10 game with him at the helm. With Rhoda, 2-4 wins are possible. That's the bottom line.

Croft is just not all that good. We win perhaps 1 more B10 game with him at the helm. With Rhoda, 2-4 wins are possible. That's the bottom line.

Rhoda is a liability. Maybe Croft can't throw consistently either, but we don't really know that. It doesn't matter because he isn't currently on the team and maybe isn't even practicing. If we continue to struggle on offense I'm fine with going with a youth movement. This offense will be hard to watch when we start playing talented defenses.

Rhoda may be better, but if he is the guy (and clearly he is at this point), then the coaches need to adjust the offense.

Because Maryland ran out 5 WRs and we didn't have enough DBs to cover them. It had nothing to do with getting the ball back.

Not the case. We had secondary guys on everybody but perhaps they wanted more deep coverage or didn't like something else. #7 Handey Holley was the deep safety and maybe they didn't want him back there on a big down.

Whatever the case they converted and they made the choice to put 3 guys in the end zone for a Hail Mary with 6 seconds to go. Maryland easily ran it up the gut 20 yards to set up the long field goal and they converted. Arguable call there but they basically conceded a field goal try. Could have been the difference in the game.

Not the case. We had secondary guys on everybody but perhaps they wanted more deep coverage or didn't like something else. #7 Handey Holley was the deep safety and maybe they didn't want him back there on a big down.

Whatever the case they converted and they made the choice to put 3 guys in the end zone for a Hail Mary with 6 seconds to go. Maryland easily ran it up the gut 20 yards to set up the long field goal and they converted. Arguable call there but they basically conceded a field goal try. Could have been the difference in the game.

Either way Fleck didn't like the formation and called timeout. It had nothing to do with trying to get the ball back, which is what the post I responded to said.

Either way Fleck didn't like the formation and called timeout. It had nothing to do with trying to get the ball back, which is what the post I responded to said.
That formation was a touchdown waiting to happen, thus the timeout called by Fleck.
125c29bbc79811914f98e0237ffb43b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is this a joke?. Maybe if he played defense otherwise he wouldn't have done much good yesterday. SMH

Rhoda is a liability. Maybe Croft can't throw consistently either, but we don't really know that. It doesn't matter because he isn't currently on the team and maybe isn't even practicing. If we continue to struggle on offense I'm fine with going with a youth movement. This offense will be hard to watch when we start playing talented defenses.

I think we pretty much know Croft can't throw consistently. If he can run and throw better than Rhoda then why hasn't he grabbed the role?

Do the millennial thing. Start a change.org protest.

That formation was a touchdown waiting to happen, thus the timeout called by Fleck.
125c29bbc79811914f98e0237ffb43b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haven't had time to go look at the replay, but my recollection at the game was MD basically came set in the formation early and the play clock ran most the way down before the TO was called. Head scratcher.

Top Bottom