Washington tells Sid this season is "going to be lit." What do you think Sid thought?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Washington tells Sid this season is "going to be lit." What do you think Sid thought?

I'd love to hear how Sid interpreuts this quote from Isaiah:

It was the connection between New Heights and Gophers assistant Kimani Young, who used to be the director of that program, that landed Washington here.

But Washington also said that following Pitino’s style was a big selling point.

“I mean, Pitino lets his guards play,” he said. “That’s one of the big reasons I came here. He’s going to push me to that next level and hopefully, God willing, I can make my dreams come true.

“He likes to play fast. This year we’re not going to run too many sets, it’s going to be a lot of open-court play and it’s going to be lit.”

One big question is whether Washington will play alongside Mason or behind him, as Mason averaged 15.2 points, 5.0 assists and 3.6 rebounds last season and is expected to be the senior leader this year for the Gophers.

But Washington said he’s excited for any opportunity.

“Playing with and against Nate Mason is great,” Washington said. “He is a leader, our floor general, and I’m just learning a lot from him, the little tweaks in the game and what to do and what not to do is going to be great. Hopefully me and him can play together this season.”

http://www.startribune.com/isaiah-washington-arrives-ready-to-run-for-gophers/448756543/

Go Gophers!!

Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Considering some of the alleged issues with the football team, let's hope the fast break is the only thing that's getting "lit."

Then again, maybe he was referring to his English Lit Class.

Considering some of the alleged issues with the football team, let's hope the fast break is the only thing that's getting "lit."

Then again, maybe he was referring to his English Lit Class.

On a scale of 1-120 how old are you?

What do I think Sid thought? Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sid even remembered what they were talking about....

What do I think Sid thought? Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sid even remembered what they were talking about....
I'm really not even sure why Sid is even at these press conferences.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom