***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Worst clock mgmt ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn it Damn it Damn it. What a joke defense!!!!!!! To allow them any points at the end of the first half is a joke!!!

That’s on PJ as much as defense. Dumbest timeout ever. Why call timeout when Maryland letting it run down. Half would have ended on the 3rd down play.

Well hopefully we can keep our scoreless 2nd half streak going. Could have been a lot worse. Losing Winfield really hurts.

That’s on PJ as much as defense. Dumbest timeout ever. Why call timeout when Maryland letting it run down. Half would have ended on the 3rd down play.

Agreed. Either call the timeout early, which he didn't, or let the clock run out. Instead, P.J. decides to spend a useless timeout and the next thing you know, Maryland has ALL the momentum.

I'm frustrated with what Rhoda brings. He's consistently inaccurate across the middle and is going to often times get our guys demolished or lead to a tip drill. He can't or won't run it handicapping the run game. I might be "that guy" calling for Green soon. I'm sure he can hit the dump offs and seam routes to the RBs and TEs...were missing Mitch's legs about right now.

Terrible defensive first half other than Huff's stop on the fake FG. The timeout with 14 seconds left was as pathetic as the next two plays, which were only topped by giving up a line-drive FG kick by a questionable kicker to end a frustrating half.

Defense better turn it around or this is going to be a blowout. WRs need to start making some catches, too. Difference in the scoreboard is, as badly as the D played, the fact that Maryland's WRs are making very good catches while the Gopher receivers are not only not catching the ball, but giving up presents to the other team.

I knew coming in to this game, that Maryland would be tougher than many people were believing on here.

You can see our inexperience showing through against Big Ten opponents, and Maryland is better than they showed last week.

Injuries, suspensions, lack of depth on defense, lack of playmakers in the receiving corps, and a JV QB have finally caught up to the squad. Gonna be a long season I think.

We have completed 4 passes and have 45 yards rushing at the half.

Our offense is still 2 years from being good. Our defense doesn't look like it can keep up with Maryland speed. This game could get ugly in the 2nd half. And I'm not kidding.

Coaching staff got clowned there to finish the half. Better come out and play our best half of the year or it's gonna be an embarrassing loss at home to kick of B1G play

I'm thinking he isn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury yet and that they don't want to overdo it with him.

They're miss-using him and Smith. Smith is the outside the box slasher, Brooks is the up the middle bruiser.
Right now they have Brooks outside doing the fake jet-sweep and Smith pounding the middle. Both guys need
run plays designed to go outside once in awhile and start countering them with McCrary. NO reason he shouldnt
see the field.
Also, Brooks isn't a returner, he has a penchant to look for someone to hit rather than hit a lane..

TV announcers saying we called TO because we had LB 1 on 1 with WR. If true, it was likely a good decision.

Can't expect PJ to beat MD in his first year.

Coaching staff got clowned there to finish the half. Better come out and play our best half of the year or it's gonna be an embarrassing loss at home to kick of B1G play

Hardly embarrassing.

This is a team that beat Texas, so MD is no slouch, and our inexperience is showing.

We lose our top defensive playmaker and the inexperience really shows.

I knew going in this would be a very tough game for us.

TV announcers saying we called TO because we had LB 1 on 1 with WR. If true, it was likely a good decision.

That would make sense.

We're going against a 3rd string quarterback and have put no pressure on him at all. Defensive coaches, it's time to make adjustments. You had two weeks!!!

Feels like we've seen their best, and they've seen our worst. Let's see what happens on this next drive to open the half. It will probably say a lot about how the rest of the game might go.

We're going against a 3rd string quarterback and have put no pressure on him at all. Defensive coaches, it's time to make adjustments. You had two weeks!!!

We have no size at DE. Speed is nice, but size is required.

Anybody else have this tingly feeling that we’re going to start the 2nd half with a trick play?

Right now, I'd take Maryland's third string QB over our starter.

That's my biggest beef. You had two weeks to scheme on offense, but it's the same **** we always do because we don't have any playmakers. You know they run their speed to the edges on offense, so you need to scheme to stop that. Yet we didn't look prepared for that either. Tackling has been poor, coverage has been poor and we're lucky it isn't a much larger deficit.

Right now, I'd take Maryland's third string QB over our starter.

More importantly, I would take our suspended QB over our starter.

Top Bottom