***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Well, now Fleck gets to fully understand why people don't pay more attention to this program.

This is and has been Gopher football for more than five decades. Think people want to shell-out money to watch this crap on a weekly basis? Finding ways to lose winnable games is a Gopher football hallmark. And the coaching today, especially on defense, was abominable. Making a third-string quarterback look really good? All in a day's work (or in this case, two weeks).

Let's see how he handles it. Honeymoon period is officially over Fleck. Let's see what you got.

Honeymoon is over. Media is going to feast on your dumbass acroynms and silly sayings. Have fun with that.

I have a hunch he'll be just fine.

I see the overreactions are in full force. Disasapointing loss? Yes. End of the season? Hardly.

Admit what? That we don't have good DBs outside of Winfield? That we don't have a good QB? That we don't have good WR's or an OL? All things i've been saying since the end of last season. We played 3 terrible teams so far this year and finally played a team with talent today. Look what happened.

Nope. He wants you to admit that PJ was out coached today and maybe even that he flat out failed preparing and inspiring this team to play at home against a 13-point underdog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admit what? That we don't have good DBs outside of Winfield? That we don't have a good QB? That we don't have good WR's or an OL? All things i've been saying since the end of last season. We played 3 terrible teams so far this year and finally played a team with talent today. Look what happened.

Admit that your boy PJ and his staff were outmatched today. By a long, long way.

Carter and Ty Johnson appear to be fine receivers.

This!!!! We don't have the talent to keep up in the Big Ten this year. We are starting a QB who many thought was the 3 last year but is the only one we have with any experience that can throw the ball. Not going to win many games that way. Remember many picked us to lose to Oregon State. That was the state of the team going into this year.

Nope. He wants you to admit that PJ was out coached today and maybe even that he flat out failed preparing and inspiring this team to play at home against a 13-point underdog.

I'd admit that if I thought that was the truth.

This!!!! We don't have the talent to keep up in the Big Ten this year. We are starting a QB who many thought was the 3 last year but is the only one we have with any experience that can throw the ball. Not going to win many games that way. Remember many picked us to lose to Oregon State. That was the state of the team going into this year.

The same QB who went to Maryland and beat them soundly last year.

That gave them a reason.

If Clayes could recruit he would get away with a lot worse than a few of his players gang banging

If he could recruit, the offending players would not have been at the school and the incident would not have happened. After the Baylor fiasco, this incident really gave MN a black eye and I think the decision to fire Claeys was made shortly after the news broke.

They only brought four rushers on that interception. A more athletic QB gets out of the pocket and finds a man coming open rather than throwing into coverage. Really bad decision to throw that.

After two games, I thought Rhoda looked better. That's not to say I thought it was hands down the right decision. The offense scored at better clip with Rhoda. He threw a little better. We ran better with Croft, and more things opened up, but he didn't capitalize with points. Against better teams, does his athleticism help us more? Maybe. Does it make sense to start the younger guy to build for future years? That's an argument I'd get more behind.

There's a reason neither took the starting job before the season. They're close, and you can argue either way.

same offensive look all game. No adjustments

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It's amazing how some people act like PJ was going to take this team to the Rose Bowl this year

This is a bad loss. No sugar coating it. Third string QB was unmolested pretty much all day. Anemic offense vs average at best D. Overall poor QB play with turnovers and a fumble.

I'd rather have Croft than Rhoda - but if Croft can't follow the rules he shouldn't be on the team. Let's debate who should play when both are dresses on Saturday.

The same QB who went to Maryland and beat them soundly last year.

Last year, last year, last year, blah blah blah. Good lord people, teams change dramatically from year to year in college ball. Quit comparing last years results. Remember how we almost lost to Oregon St last year? It makes no sense to compare the two years.

Man I hope this new staff can recruit QB's. The fact that Rhoda is our best option right now is a total failure at the QB position on the part of the old staff. Rhoda is a guy who should be running a scout team not starting in the Big Ten but he has to because we don't have a better option. As long as he doesn't have to do much he can be ok but when the chips are down he just doesn't have the skill needed to lead the team to victory. Not his fault, he was never supposed to be a great QB and is doing the best he can.

If this is true the let's start the freshman and build for the future. Keep Rhoda as a serviceable backup.

Last year, last year, last year, blah blah blah. Good lord people, teams change dramatically from year to year in college ball. Quit comparing last years results. Remember how we almost lost to Oregon St last year? It makes no sense to compare the two years.

I only bring it up as some here are whining about QB play. Rhoda beat Maryland at Maryland. Fact.

We have the same RB, receivers, TE, etc. This was an example of PJ getting his elite ass handed to him.

Yeah - PJ will be fine. He will say we are young - he'll talk about growing from failure and some other garbage. PJ is unlikely to blame who he should blame.

We also have to remember that the Gophers only have 2 QB's now. We can't afford to have Rhoda running the ball and get injured.

Top Bottom