Will we see flat maroon helmets again?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
The season is 1/3rd over and we haven't seen the flat maroon helmets yet. Will we see them? I haven't seen them in practice either (although I haven't seen photos or video from EVERY practice). Have they been retired? Will every helmet for every game now feature a billboard stripe down the middle too? I liked the flat maroon helmets. I was NOT fond of the sparkly maroon helmets and they are back, with a RTB stripe, no less.

The season is 1/3rd over and we haven't seen the flat maroon helmets yet. Will we see them? I haven't seen them in practice either (although I haven't seen photos or video from EVERY practice). Have they been retired? Will every helmet for every game now feature a billboard stripe down the middle too? I liked the flat maroon helmets. I was NOT fond of the sparkly maroon helmets and they are back, with a RTB stripe, no less.

Sparkly or shiny? I think the matte finish maroon helmets will make an appearance as well.

There are the sparkly/shiny ones that date back to the Brewster years (and were worn this season against Buffalo) and also the flat/matte maroon helmets that we have not seen yet. I'm curious if/when the flat/matte helmets make their return.

There are the sparkly/shiny ones that date back to the Brewster years (and were worn this season against Buffalo) and also the flat/matte maroon helmets that we have not seen yet. I'm curious if/when the flat/matte helmets make their return.

Hadn't looked at the Buffalo helmet up close to notice the Flecks. Just looked shiny from my seats at the game.

Most are probably aware of this site but love going there to see all the different looks and they are pretty good at keeping it up to date (although I am sure it was a lot easier years ago when new helmets were far less common).

The Oregon section under the Pac 12 is massive.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

When is Football fashion week? I can't wait to see next years trends on the runway....I mean field.

I think the trend is away from "matte" finished helmets again.

It was a short fad.

Fleck seems more like a glitzy guy, so flat/matte maroon likely isn't elite in his view.

I love the different uniform combos, but will admit duriing the OSU game the all white threw me off at first.

Top Bottom